Quantcast The million dollar question - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tonight we are having goulash...
    I brown lean ground meat and season with salt, pepper, garlic and chili powder.
    Then I add pasta (I like rotini) and a can of beef broth to simmer it in. I also add a can of mild rotel, a small can of tomato sauce and a can of corn. Then I simmer it all together until the noodles are tender.
    It's simple and yummy.

Another favorite of mine is chicken & rice.
    I get the boxed cheese and broccoli rice and start putting it all together in a glass baking dish, after that's all mixed, I put the chicken breasts right on top (they are usually covered by the rice juices) and then bake it all together in the oven for about an hour.
    The rice flavors the chicken and it's a great 1 dish meal!
    Liz
    March 2006-POP!
    September 2007-POP!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Not tonight, but wednesday night we are having Taco soup. It's a something new for me. A lady at work brought it in for us. It was so good, so I'm going to make it then.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

What's for dinner?

"East Wind and Pea Straw."

That was my old dad's answer whenever we asked the question.

I never knew what that meant. Now it's too late.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

tonight i made meatloaf,mashed taters,and corn. we are also in a rut. i make tacos and pizza at least once a week. we need some new ideas. ds is a super pickey eater so it's hard to try new meals
    jen

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

I seem to do lasagna and a family favorite known as "chicken casserole" that is super easy and quick all the time. It's hard to adjust from cooking for 5 (at home I did the cooking since Mom is so sick) to cooking for 1 since I went away to school! I have tons of leftovers that I freeze.
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

Green chile chicken bowl - rice, black beans, green chile sauce, chicken, monterey jack cheese.

Med salad - roasted red peppers, olives, mozzarella or feta, red onion, vinaigrette dressing

Beef and Spanish Rice Enchiladas with red sauce

Roasted Veggies - red potato, parsnip, carrot, turnip, red onion, garlic, pearl onions, topped with olive oil (with thyme, salt, and pepper) and roasted

Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole

Manicotti

Chicken Pot Pie
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Post Thanks / Like

That green chile rice bowl sounds good!! How do you cook the chicken? Is it marinaded?
    Disneyland many trips as a child
    Disney World 83 & 91
    Disneyland 94, 96, 99, 02, 03, 05
    Disneyland Grand Californian 2000 Holiday time
    Disney World Nov 06
    Disneyland 07 Holiday time
    Disneyland 08 June and Holiday time
    Disney World June 09
    Disneyland 09 Holiday time
    Disneyland 2010 June

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbellaella View Post
    That green chile rice bowl sounds good!! How do you cook the chicken? Is it marinaded?
    We've done it two ways. One is to chop it into chunks and brown it in a pan. The other is to get a hot roasted chicken from the grocery store and slice off the meat. We don't marinade it, but you probably could if you wanted to.
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Post Thanks / Like

This thread inspired me. I wrote out a meal plan for the next month. I’m sure we will change some things, but at least I have a plan.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

I hate coming up with dinner ideas! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

It's chilly and rainy here today, so tonight I'm making chicken tortilla soup.
    șOș April șOș

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

This past week I made roasted chicken and potatoes. Very easy, very yummy. Take whole chicken legs (with the thigh attached) and put in a large roasting pan (I use a turkey roaster). Dice sweet vidalia onion and spread throughout the roasting pan. Peel and cut up baking potatoes and put in the pan. Put in baby carrots. The amounts are up to you and how many people you are feeding. Then, drizzle everything with olive oil, and season with paprika, garlic powder and black pepper. Cook on 425 for about an hour, until the potatoes are very tender. I usually "stir" the ingredients every 20 minutes so that it doesn't stick, and maybe put in a little extra olive oil if necessary. It is soooo yummy.

Post Thanks / Like

Tonight I made one of those boxed meal kits - the Macaroni Grill brand Chicken Marsala. It was really good! Probably better than if I'd made it from scratch. I tend to do mostly easy meals, using a lot of convenience foods - but then once a week I'll try a new recipe. The kids never like it - which is why I do the easy stuff the other nights!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Talking What's for dinner?

Today is Sunday and it is raining fairly hard. So I figured a nice tuna noodle casserole would do. I top it off with parmessan cheese, bread crumbs mixed with butter, and right at the end of baking it I put Frenchs' Onion rings on top. It is soooo good for this type of weather.
    During the week it is chicken pot pie, spaghetti, mashed potatoe's and chicken, and one night fish. It isn't easy to come with new ideas week after week, and I wish people in the family would realize it, don't you?
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrkcr View Post
    Dh is not in any harm of loosing his job, but I am still paranoid about money. So I have been very frugal lately with our menu.
    We have dinner of beans at least one night a week-my favorite is a black bean soup(so easy my 9 year old can make it!).
    I have the same paranoia about my dh and his job . I know that his job is not in jeopardy, but I still tend to worry.

Can you share your Black Bean Soup recipe. I tried to make it for the second or third time last week, and it was definitely not good. I absolutely love black bean soup, but for some reason have a problem making it. When I really have a craving for it, I end up going to Bahama Breeze and ordering it.

Tonight for dinner is leftovers - Hot & Mild Italian Sausage with various sides. Tomorrow (Monday) will probably be 'Easy Cheesy Chicken Manicotti'.
    - DisneyLuvRSince76 -

Contemporary: 1976, 1979,1980, 1982
    Disney Inn: 1985, 1986
    Polynesian: 1976-1992 (every year), 1995, 2002, 2007
    Yacht Club: April 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Tonight, we are having homemade beef and noodles. I put a small roast in the crock pot this morning and made a batch of egg noodles, with the help of my DD9. She rolled them out and cut them with a pizza cutter and they dried all afternoon. We try to make a nice homemade dinner every Sunday when things are less hectic. During the week, we make tacos, baked chicken and rice, spaghetti, etc. We are it a rut, too. I like all the new ideas everyone is sharing!
    Amy
    There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow...

Post Thanks / Like

made racheal ray's chicken riggies,it is spicy ,hearty,yummy and choc full of veggies.

it is a chicken and rigatony dish with plenty of roasted peppers and a can pf tomatos
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I put a top round london broil in a cooking bag. Reynolds makes the cooking bags and everything comes out so tender. I threw baby carrots in the bag with the meat, threw a bottle of teriyaki marinade over the meat and carrots, sealed the bag and roasted it about 1 1/2 hours. I fried some yukon gold potatos with onions on the side. Delicious and easy.

Tomorrow I'm taking thin cut boneless chops and coating them with A Taste of Thai peanut bake. Its like shake and bake, but with a Thai twist. I bake it in the oven about 30 mins. Then I'm making Knorr teriyaki noodles with vegs on the side. Quick and easy and delicious!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have a new one..

That we tried over the weekend..For those of you who like Buffalo Chicken..Grab your slow cookers...Chicken breast (about 4 or5)..One dry ranch packet(Hidden Valley or genaric).. and some Franks Red Hot...Throw a little of the franks in the bottom...put some chicken in...cover with a little more franks...then 1/2 of the packet(covering the chicken)...lay another row of chicken on top of that then franks and the rest of the ranch..Slow cook6-8 hrs..When done..pull apart chicken with a fork...to make a shreaded chicken..serve on bread buns of choice..mmm good stuff..

Also how much Franks you use controls the heat..

Dean
    Twitter = DVC5571

Apr 04--First trip ever--30th Birthday Present
    Dec 05--Off Site (Honeymoon)
    Oct 07-- On Stie POP
    Feb 09-- Off Site -AK day trip
    Sept 10 -- Onsite -Coronodo Springs

Member of the Tommorowland Metro-Retro Historical Society

Post Thanks / Like

That chicken recipe sounds good!!! How much Hot sauce did you use? Never used it before to know how much to use. We are about a medium spice family.
    Disneyland many trips as a child
    Disney World 83 & 91
    Disneyland 94, 96, 99, 02, 03, 05
    Disneyland Grand Californian 2000 Holiday time
    Disney World Nov 06
    Disneyland 07 Holiday time
    Disneyland 08 June and Holiday time
    Disney World June 09
    Disneyland 09 Holiday time
    Disneyland 2010 June

Post Thanks / Like

Tonight was lasagna and a garden salad. Tomorrow will be tuna sandwiches as it's Ash Wednesday and because DS17 has a high school basketball game -- playoffs!!
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: