Quantcast cant decide on what resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default cant decide on what resort

We are looking at going this year and not really sure when. Due to the economy we have decided to take our usual 7night vacation down to 5 nights. We have stayed at all the value resorts and the Polynesian and grand Floridian. For the last 3 yrs we have stayed on the monorail. We have a 3yr old son and not sure where to stay. We were looking at the AKL or the Pop. Would we be happy with these? What are yalls opinion.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

When are you going?The buy 4 get 3 deal is extended to August I believe.
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

AKL is a great resort. I bet your DS would love to see the animals. My kids did and they were older. The lobby is great; the gift shop is unique and BOMA's is yummy. The busses were great -- didn't share with any other resorts.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Wilderness lodge is the closest deluxe off the monrail. and the cheapest of the deluxes near MK. its a short boat ride.

this has become our favorite .

09/12 Wilderness Lodge
    09/09 Animal Kingdom Lodge, Club Level
    09/09 Disney Cruise Line Wonder
    09/09 Wilderness Lodge
    08/07 Wilderness Lodge, 1st Anniversary
    08/06 Port Orleans, Honeymoon
    WDW 05/05 Off Property , Engagement
    WDW 06/02 Family Trip

859 days until next trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Polynesian, AKL and Grand Floridian are our favorites. If you can stay at one of those you are golden

Post Thanks / Like

Are you really asking people their opinion in comparing a Deluxe resort (AKL) with a Value resort (POP)? That's kinda unfair... like comparing hamburgers from Pecos Bill's to a steak from Le Cellier. AKL is a beautiful resort, from the parts I've seen, but if you go with the POP you'll save more than enough money so that you don't have to cut the 2 days off your vacation. It all really depends how much time you spend back at the resort during your vacation... if it's just a place to sleep and shower between your trips to the park, then there's really no contest.
    Enjoy,
    Rob
    WDW Trips - Too many to list due to sig file character count limit! :(

Most Recent Cruise: DCL 7-day Western Caribbean Cruise - 12/29/07 - 01/05/08 - New Year's Eve at Sea! Woo Hoo!

Most Recent WDW Trip: 5-day stay at Old Key West 12/6/12 - 12/10/12

Post Thanks / Like

We dont know if we will be able to do the deal disney is offering. my husband also has blackout days for vacation. We were wanting to take our son for his bday in Aug. but that is a blackout month. So we were kind of looking at october. I know its kind of unfair to comapir Pop with AKL. My husband is a steak and potatoes guy no frills and he said boma was his least fav restaurant in wdw. We however loved the food court at Pop. We dont ever use the slides at the resort pool and are used to not having a hot tub. They are both buss only and to stay in the savannah view at the AKL would only be $300 cheeper than garden at the Poly so if we stayed at the AKL it would be the standard room.

Post Thanks / Like

We stay at AKL every year and love it. Your son will love the pool, it has a large zero entry area, a nice slide and a great poolside bar.The atmosphere around the resort grounds is our favorite, and the lodge itself is a must see at least once. Even without a savanna view room there are a ton of great areas to view the animals. They also have animal related activities for the small kids every afternoon around the lodge. Bus service is the only transportation to and from AKL but due to that fact they seem to have more buses and less wait time. Due to the animals no balloons or straws are allowed at AKL. Also both Jiko and Boma are fantastic places to eat. Have a great trip
    Ken & Kim
    AKL July 04 Honeymoon!
    AKL Sept 05,
    AKV Sept 06, 07, 08, 09
    BLT Sept 10
    AKV Sept 11
    AKV Feb 12 (Princess 1/2)
    BLT Sept 12 (TOT 10)
    BLT May 13
    BWV Sept 13 (TOT 10)
    BCV Sept 14 (TOT 10)
    BLT March 15
    BWV/AKV Oct 15
    BWV/BLT Sept 16
    BWV/POLY Sept 17
    BWV/CCV Sept 18

Post Thanks / Like

If rooms and pools aren't super important to you, you may want to keep an eye out for free dining and book at POP. It usually runs from late August through the end of September. Last year, they let me start my vacation in late September and verge into October with free dining. I had heard some reports last year that all of your traveling would have to be done within the time frame of the promotion in order to get free dining for the entire trip. However, we received free dining for the entire trip because we STARTED our vacation within the promotion dates.

Free dining saved us a TON of money. There are 2 of us and we went to POP for 10 nights, 11 days with a 9 day park hopper, water parks & more ticket with free dining for $1602.

If you get lucky, you may be able to do that 7 day trip after all!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

My vote, obviously, for WL. It's the cheapest of the deluxes, and closest to the MK. The northwoods lodge atmosphere is very relaxing, the pool is way cool, and IMHO we just seem to spend less time on transportation, than when we've stayed elsewhere! If you decided to stay there, be sure to ask about being the "flag family of the day". Your little one will LOVE it!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL