Quantcast what the heck is going on

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default what the heck is going on

i have a friend who is going to dw in may and he caled and got rooms at the wilderness lodge. he wanted something cheaper and they told him that this is all that is available for then. i thought we were in a recession and disney is packed to maximum on their rooms.
    Justice11

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If your friend is going very soon, I'm not surprised that they are all filled up.

On our first trip, we had planned on staying 4 nights. Our schedule freed up a bit at the last minute, and we decided we could stay 5 nights. I began calling 9 days before our trip, and WDW was booked SOLID! In FEBRUARY! We ended up spending our first night in some hotel in Kissimmee, then packing back up and heading onto WDW property for the rest of our stay.

I think that this "buy-four-get-three-free" promo is cancelling out the recession, IMO. Which was exactly what WDW intended, I suppose. Glad it will be over before our trip this year (supposedly)...

First visit 1984 "Love At First Sight!"

Returns to the Mansion:

2003-Offsite
    2004-POP Century
    2005-POP Century
    2006-POP Century
    2007-POP Century
    2008-POP Century

AND...Demember 2009! POP Century!

Post Thanks / Like

Default what the

no they are going may22
    Justice11

Post Thanks / Like

We're going down on May 22, and had reservations for the Beach Club Villas. When I called about changing to the WLVs or AKV's, I had to put our name on a waiting list for both. A couple of weeks later, we were notified a studio had opened up at the WL and our reservation had been changed. Does seem a little strange.....

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to Disney May 23. Our travel agent said there are Pirate rooms available at the CBR, but we would not be able to use the 4/3 deal. It would cost us about $800 to change resorts. Apparently, only a certain number of rooms are available for that deal. So, maybe there are rooms available...just not part of the 4/3 offer.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"

1974--off property
    June 1983--Fort Wilderness
    Nov. 1991--off property
    Nov. 1994--CBR
    Dec/Jan. 1997--ASM
    Nov. 2000--POR
    2Feb. 001--ASM
    Feb. 2004--Fort Wilderness
    May 2007--POFQ
    May 2009--POR

Post Thanks / Like

They are also limiting rooms for this offer. I'd bet there are rooms available at full price. We have gone on the premium plan the last few times and you can't get that plan with this offer. And the cheaper rooms tend to go first no matter what the season.

OK, just checked. He can go to any resort....at full price.

Disney World
    Off site - 1980-1983
    CR - 87, BC - 95, YC - 99, BW - 05, GF - 06, BW - 07
    BC - 09 with kids and grandkids
    BC - 10, BC - '11,
    June 2012, family retirement vacation Poly
    Dec. 2013 GF/BC CL
    Sept. 2014. GF. CL. 40th Anniversary.

It ain't a vacation if you don't go fishin!

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that Memorial Day weekend or close to it? That could be why it's so full, plus the 4/3 offer has been out for awhile.
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

AThe 45 day payoff for the 7/4 packages for those days are coming mid April. There may be some cancellations then. I would check back then.

It's similar to ADR's. I have had pretty good luck calling the day before and getting a reservation since people adjust their plans once they get there.
    Disneyland '81
    Holiday Inn Maingate '83
    DL Hotel '94
    Paradise Pier '95
    DL AP's '95-'00
    DL Hotel '02
    BC '03
    Poly '04
    BWI '04
    WL '04
    Coronado Springs '09
    Poly '09

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by javamama View Post
    Is that Memorial Day weekend or close to it? That could be why it's so full, plus the 4/3 offer has been out for awhile.
    That's (May 22) the Friday before Memorial day. The resorts are not full. There are just limited rooms for discounts. Don't expect a sell out.

Disney World
    Off site - 1980-1983
    CR - 87, BC - 95, YC - 99, BW - 05, GF - 06, BW - 07
    BC - 09 with kids and grandkids
    BC - 10, BC - '11,
    June 2012, family retirement vacation Poly
    Dec. 2013 GF/BC CL
    Sept. 2014. GF. CL. 40th Anniversary.

It ain't a vacation if you don't go fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

It is the first Star Wars weekend also

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I am REALLY surprised that they were booked up in May. We always go in May, and we ALWAYS do our trip at the last minute. The only year we had a real problem with it was the second year we went and we had to stay in AS sports because everything else was filled up. The third year we probably booked our stuff a few weeks ahead (it was a last minute wedding) and we made it to all of the reservations we wanted, we got to stay in POP instead of the all stars, etc.

This actually scares me a little bit! We're going the 13-19 and I always love to go in May because the crowds are never too bad. It sounds like everyone is in a rush to go there in May now!!
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder, too, if it is because a lot of people book in advance, so may have already had trips planned and paid for before the recession really hit? If there is a ripple effect perhaps it will come the year after the beginning of the lay-offs and such.

Post Thanks / Like

I just double checked the Disney website, and it IS showing there are rooms available (including 4/3 promotion) at various price points.

We're going that same week (24th - 30th) and were lucky enough to snag AP rates

Post Thanks / Like

Correct me if I am wrong, but WDW may not always be at full staffing and may not be able to sell all rooms based on their forecasts and the ability to be able to serve guests. I other words, if they plan on a certain time to be a slow time, they do not full staff and do not plan the rooms to be available. Does this sound out of line?
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing" WED

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gwfx1031 View Post
    Does this sound out of line?
    Nope, not out of line at all. Based on historical trends, resorts could pre-plan to close a building and not have as many rooms available during slow times.

I think in the OP's case though, this is more a matter of a particular promotion being sold out at the time they made their reservations. Only so many rooms are initially coded under a discount or promotion. Once they are sold out, Disney can decide whether they want to make more rooms available. It sounds like when they called for a less expensive room under that program, there was nothing showing up at the mods or values. As Disney's inventory changes almost daily, it's best to keep trying to see if anything does open up.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: