Quantcast Swan/Dolphin vs POP

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Swan/Dolphin vs POP

Ok - so to most people this would seem like a no-brainer. But we'll be visiting WDW during a spring break week when crowds will be high and the cheerleading championships are being held on property.
    B/c of discounts/deals - we could stay at Swan/Dolphin for a little under $50/night more than POP.

So - my question is: would the transportation situation/proximity to Epcot and the Studios from S/D be enough of a factor to outweigh the $50 extra per night? especially with it being spring break? Or, is the difference negligible?
    Dec 2002, All Star Music (1 yr anniversary)
    Dec 2001, All Star Movies (honeymoon)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at the Dolphin in December, and would choose that over Pop any day! The beds were great, plus being able to walk to Epcot was so great! If it is possible, I say go for it!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

YES, YES, YES!!!!! Spend the extra $$$ and walk to two parks vs taking the bus. We stayed at the Swan two years ago while my sister stayed at Pop. We were back swimming in the pool at night and she would call me on the cell phone and say they had just got on the bus. She was constantly in line for a bus whether coming or going and we never waited for a bus. Her buses were standing room only, ours were half full. The location is soooooo much better. So many dining options and the Boardwalk entertainment at night is great! You will never stay POP again! My sister, who loved the Pop Century, has become a Beach Club lover just because of the location!

1988 - offsite
    1991- offsite
    2001 - offsite
    2007 - WDW Swan
    2009 - Beach Club Villas
    2011 - May Beach Club Villas - Can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like

HOw is the transportation to AK and MK?
    Dec 2002, All Star Music (1 yr anniversary)
    Dec 2001, All Star Movies (honeymoon)

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at Pop and the Swan (many times at Swan). To me it is an easy answer - Swan all the way.

The transportation to AK and MK ok. The bus stops at the Dolphin, and sometimes at the YC, BC and BWI as well. In busy morning times it wont' make all the stops if the buses are full and it will fill up. Pop buses are busy as well. Even with the extra stops Swan still wins hands down in my book.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely stay at the Swan/Dolphin! We love the walk to Epcot, the boat to MGM is nice, and the buses are adequate. The ride to AK is quick. The ride to MK is probably the only long ride, but no worse than any of the other non-MK resorts. Request a room high up and they have the best views on property. We love everything about these resorts and will probably stay there again this year with the nurses discount. We've stayed at Pop several times and like it but it does not compare IMHO. Especially if the place is full of teenagers and cheerleaders!
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Having stayed at POP a couple of times, I think you should give Swan/Dolphin a try. Only because they are a higher level hotel, crowds at POP could be huge with the cheerleading comp. you mentioned and like the others said...you can walk to the park!

The only thing that keeps me from staying there is that I like getting the meal plan when I go. But if that is not a consideration, go for it!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I love the swan/dolphin the convenience is awesome and the pool is great. they have picapo/tubbies 24 hours which is wonderful.

I do want to caution you that DME does not include the swan/dolphin so make sure that you have other arrangements to get to/from the airport. You could always rent a car for the day on travel day as the dolphin has a car rental right inside the lobby.

You will not regret staying there!
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

No BRAINER! Swan/Dolphin is one of our favorite resorts! In fact we often choose swan/dolphin over some Deluxe resorts! We would DEF choose it over POP

Post Thanks / Like

Short of being on the Monorail loop, the Epcot Resorts are the best location in WDW. And are in some circumstances The Best. If you stay at the Swan, you may never want to stay at any other area again. It really is that good. And is easily worth $50 more a night than Pop.

Post Thanks / Like

Count me as another vote for the Swan & Dolphin. I love, love, love the location. We'd leave Epcot and walk back to the resort and still be there in 5 minutes. And you can also stroll through the Boardwalk and see what kind of entertainment is going on. And as already posted, they have the MOST comfortable beds on property. I'd buy one in a heartbeat!
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: