Quantcast Bussing for the TreeHouse Villas

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Bussing for the TreeHouse Villas

Since I am an owner at SSR i figure on most of our trips to WDW we will be staying at that property. I say this because we have not had luck with the waitlist yet. I am wondering where the tree houses are, and if they share a bus with the rest of the resort. The last time we stayed there the bussing took forever, as it was, so I am just wondering how this addition to an already massive resort will affect things.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The THV are located between OKW and what we currently know as SSR. They line LBV Golf Course, and several of the THV are across a fairway from the Grandstand Section of the resort.

At this time, details are sketchy. But it looks as if there will be a bus stop for the THV that will be part of SSR's regular routes. The THV are also scheduled to have their own ferry stop for DTD, so I assume this means they would share the boat with OKW and SSR as well.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

In the old days, ie before Tree House Villas initially closed they shared a bus route with OKW. Now that was before phase 2 of OKW opened so I certainly wouldn't expect them to do that now. It won't warrant it's own bus route and as it is sold as part of SSR it's going to be one more stop for that place. How long will it take to go by bus now?
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

I dont remember exactly, but i think it takes about 20-30 min from the first stop till we would head to the parks. Many times we would have scooters on the bus, so that may have slowed it down some. I do remember thinking about how they should split it and have 2 separate bus routes cause it is just so massive.

Post Thanks / Like

On another board, it's being reported that the THV will have two bus stops. Dedicated buses will run from these stops to the Spring stop at SSR. So, the setup for THV guests will be similar to the Fort Wilderness model -- you'll have to take a bus to get to the bus.

We have a reservation in a THV for August, and I'm not sure I like the sound of this. For one thing, the Springs stop is the hardest place to catch a bus. It's usually standing room only on the buses by the time they get to this stop, if they even have any space at all.

Hopefully, we'll be in a treehouse that won't be too far of a walk from the Grandstand stop. If not, we may be relying on the car to get to the parks -- something we don't really like to do.
    Dave . . . Portsmouth, Virginia . . . DVC Member / PAP Holder / D23 . . . SSR & BCV

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard the same thing about the bus to a bus... but you can always walk from the Springs bus stop to the Paddock bus stop, which would offer a better chance of seating.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bussing for the TreeHouse Villas

Please see below for a response I received from DVC a few weeks ago when I queried them about transportation options when staying at the Treehouse Vilas:

{If you are not renting a car, then Bell Services can assist you and your luggage to your Villa on the day of arrival and from your Villa on the Day of Departure. Also, if you are not renting a car and you want to go the Carriage House, then you will have to walk the pathway along the Golf Course to the Grandstand Area and then to the Carriage House. To get to the Theme Parks, Walt Disney World Bus Transportation will be provided with 2 Bus Stops in the Treehouse Villas Area. To get to Downtown Disney, a Boat Dock is available with stops at Disney's Old Key West Resort, behind the Carriage House at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Downtown Disney Marketplace. }

Also, please note that the Treehouse Villas will have their own pool but no eating venues. If you are taking magical express transportation you will arrive and leave from the Carriage House at SSR.

We are DVC members with a home resort at SSR and booked at the 11 month window for a 2 bedroom stay in January 2010. We considered booking at the Treehouse Villas but the transportation was a breaker for us. I hope with enough feedback from members they will enhance the current transporation options for those staying at the Treehouse Villas.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm. That bussing situation might explain why the points were so low for the Treehouse.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    Hmmmm. That bussing situation might explain why the points were so low for the Treehouse.
    I think they based it on guest occupancy. While there are three separate bedrooms, the tree houses still only sleep 9 people, which makes them comparible with a two-bedroom villa, which sleeps 8. Also, there is a queen sized bed in the master bedroom instead of a king.

These were probably the bigger considerations in making it the same number of points as a 2-bedroom.
    Dave . . . Portsmouth, Virginia . . . DVC Member / PAP Holder / D23 . . . SSR & BCV

Post Thanks / Like

We will actually be renting a car this year (something we haven't done since 04) as we're flying into Tampa - so it made booking at THV an easier decision for us. Who knows what the bussing situation will be when the villas open up - we're not going until October, so I'm sure there will be tweaks as time goes on.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a car, I would consider driving to DTD and hopping on a bus from there. Might be a better option than driving to the carriage house. ?
    Faith, Family, Fidelity, Fun

'88 - Honeymoon
    '02 - ASmovie
    '03 - VWL
    '04 - HHI
    '05 - DCL, BCV
    '06 - HHI
    '07 - POR, VWL, POP/BWV
    '09 - BWV, BCV/SSR
    '10 - BWV
    '12 - AKV/BCV, VWL
    '13 - AKV
    '15 - BCV, AKV
    '16 - AKV
    '18 - VWL
    '19 - OKW, THV, GF
    '20 - BWV
    '21 - AKL/OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Buses from Downtown Disney only go to resorts and do not go to and from any of the parks.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

This is true, but sometimes its faster/more comfortable to ride to a resort and then go where you're going from there. It's probably not the best option most of the time, but I would not rule it out as a tool - especially if I were planning to make DTD past of my day or have dinner a Whispering Canyon or the ESPN club or something like that.
    Faith, Family, Fidelity, Fun

'88 - Honeymoon
    '02 - ASmovie
    '03 - VWL
    '04 - HHI
    '05 - DCL, BCV
    '06 - HHI
    '07 - POR, VWL, POP/BWV
    '09 - BWV, BCV/SSR
    '10 - BWV
    '12 - AKV/BCV, VWL
    '13 - AKV
    '15 - BCV, AKV
    '16 - AKV
    '18 - VWL
    '19 - OKW, THV, GF
    '20 - BWV
    '21 - AKL/OKW

lockedoutlogic Guest

Is anyone shocked that the logistics of this addition seem inconvenient?

The logistics of Saratoga as a whole have seem ill-conceived from the start.....except that it's next to the marketplace

SFTrny Guest

These definitly sound like you want / need a car for them. Of course, that can be useful - since they have kitchens you will want to make a grocery run or two.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a SSR owner since 2003...only stayed there once but didn't think the bus system was that terrible....its a large resort so the multiple stops within the resort is a bit annoying but I didn't think it horrible. When we were last at WDW we did see the construction of the THV and wondered ourselves how the heck were they going to get hooked up with buses etc.....

If I was using that large an amount of points to stay in one of those houses then I would expect better transportation then having to haul myself thru woods, paths or whatever to get to a bus. For a deluxe category resort, I would want deluxe category transportation.

Its almost like asking someone who is staying at the GF to walk over to the Contemporary to catch the monorail.
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: