Quantcast Mvshp

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Mvshp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mvshp

So our first trip to WDW was in 2005, we have been there 6 times since. But during this first trip we attended MVSHP. Silly us we spent our time find the treat stations instead of hunting for characters. We missed some great opportunities. Since this trip we have son P&P parties, MVMCP parties, but the Halloween party was one we kept missing.

With Free Dining announced yesterday, my DH and I decided that as long as we are both still employed, we will return to WDW the last week of September. We will definatley do the Halloween Party.

I realize that the recession has caused many cuts at WDW, but I was trying to find a list of characters that you have all found at recent parties.

Thanks!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, it's called Mickey's not so scary Halloween party (mnsshp) not mvshp (mickey's very scary Halloween party?).

A lot of the rare characters that I saw last year were: white rabbit, mr. Walrus, all seven dwarfs for photos only, abu, Tarzan and jane. I don't remember seeing any other rare ones but there may still be more.

Hope that helps a little!
    Have a magical day! Todd

My Disney Career

• Sales Associate - Disney Store #557
    • Attractions Host - Magic Kingdom Jungle Cruise
    • Lead Sales Associate - Disney Store #339

DVC Member since 2003 (Vero Beach, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom & Bay Lake Tower)

Post Thanks / Like

Haley's Mom,

Your making a good choice, free dinning is such a great way to go! We have taken advantage of it the last 3 years. Here are a couple of free advice tips on that...1.) Make your ADR's asap (90 days before your trip). 2.) Get some character dinning with characters so you don't need to wait in line for them in the parks. Crystal Palace, Chef Mickeys, Akershus these will take care of some long character wait times.

Anyhow sorry about going off topic...as far as the MNSSHP don't get down about missing a lot of rare characters at the 2005 MNSSHP they have had the same ones out since 2004.

Adding to Disney Dude1's list, If you count the Tweedles as rare you can add them. Prince Phillip and Prince Charming also come out.

The one thing you may have missed out on was that in 2005 they allowed the villains to sign autographs at the villain meet and greet but they no longer do. Traditionaly the villains are Frollo, Cruella, Snow White Queen, Maleficent, Hook, Queen Of Hearts, and Jafar. I have heard that they mix it up, and they used to have Big Bad Wolf but no longer.

They have used the same show since 2005 so they probably should be about ready to update it.

Have fun
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post

The one thing you may have missed out on was that in 2005 they allowed the villains to sign autographs at the villain meet and greet but they no longer do. Traditionaly the villains are Frollo, Cruella, Snow White Queen, Maleficent, Hook, Queen Of Hearts, and Jafar. I have heard that they mix it up, and they used to have Big Bad Wolf but no longer.

They have used the same show since 2005 so they probably should be about ready to update it.

Have fun
    When did the villans stop singing autographs? They did in 2007. That kills it for me I have been dieing for cruella's signature and we were next in line at the MNSSHP and my daughter had a complete melt down and I just had to go. I can't believe I missed my chance forever.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: