Quantcast Snow White - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snow White

Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for Beauty and the Beast dark ride but close snow white. It's a shame. But I have to say I don't think my kids even know about snow white. They've rode the ride every trip and we have the movie but they don't get it.

Now the second part with getting Little Mermaid and the Dwarf cart coaster that would make me feel alot better. I will make sure we ride these in Decemeber it might be our last ride ever.

This reminds me of poor Mr. Toad. I loved that one.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My DW and I always ride Snow White. Yes, we're in our mid-30s, and yes, I could almost make the same ride in my basement with a table saw, plywood and some fluorescent paint...

...but, it's a classic
    Eric

ASMusic 4/22
    POFQ 1/22
    AKL 9/21
    POFQ 1/20
    Pop Cent 6/19 & 11/19
    POFQ 3/19
    B Resort 11/18
    ASMusic
    3 & 7/18
    ASMusic 3/17
    Boardwalk 7/14 & 6/16
    Swan 3/13
    Solana Villa 3/11
    Grand Flo 12/09
    ASMov & Grand Flo 3/08
    Vistana 3/06
    AKL 3/05
    WL 6/02
    Off-Site 10/00
    ASMusic 3/98
    Poly 6/86
    LBV Villas 6/83

Post Thanks / Like

My girls love this ride, I HATE this ride, it gives me the major creeps. I make dh take the girls on it. I wish they'd bring back Mr. Toad

Post Thanks / Like

While the Snow White ride isn't anything to brag about, I enjoy it and would hate to see it go. Especially since Snow White is a classic Disney film and IMO WDW doesn't seem to have enough classic themed attractions.
    șoș Joe șoș
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

The Villains theme park that wdw execs will hopefully 1 day build
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe some of your responses! Snow White is a classic. I much rather see a Beauty and the Beast ride at Pooh's Playground or whatever that wasted space is called
    97'- Comfort Inn, Buena Vista
    99'- Courtyard, Downtown Disney
    00'- Marriott, World Center
    02'- Polynesian, Concierge
    03'- Yacht and Beach Club
    06'- Boardwalk
    07'- Coronado Springs
    08'- Boardwalk
    09'- Wilderness Lodge
    10'- Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Actually, I think you would have been happy overall with the changes. Allegedly, they were going to add the Little Mermaid dark ride that's going in to DCA in place of the Little Mermaid content they have now and Pooh's Playful Spot (construction was rumored to be so significant that it was going to require moving the Dumbo ride!).

That was in addition to the replacement of Snow White by Beauty and the Beast. I like Snow White for its classic status, but I've never been that big a fan of it particularly. It's sort of low-tech, tells the story out of sequence, and overall isn't nearly as good as the DL version.

Personally, I'm always in favor of new dark rides. They don't do nearly enough of them these days.
    I hope an Ariel dark ride is added I mean sure Dumbo is a classic ride, but you could always ride the Aladdin ride which is the same thing and Ariel is one of those no-ride characters who doesn't have a ride to themselves. Sure there is the play and the water play area but seriously it looks bad for a person my age to be going into a play filled with little kids and the water play area-forget it! I barely see Ariel anywhere, not even in the parades much anymore. She is the least brought-up princess out of the bunch. It's about time they make a ride devoted to her. I once read in a thread that someone said disney was going to make a ride for Ariel, but canceled the idea. Like they threw it in the trash. That really hurts for a person like me. How would you like it if your favorite disney character's ride was thrown in the trash? And I can't change my favorite disney character either because once you know who's your fave, he/she will stick to you no matter what. And so I will always be an Ariel supporter!
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

I'll admit I don't see any truth to this rumor and I sincerely hope there is none. SW is a classic ride. Leave it alone. What's next The Haunted Mansion. It's like "Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom" come true!

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

I dont really think you can compare Snow White to the Haunted Mansion...

Usually I am all about the classics, but in this case, I am all for a Beauty and the Beast dark ride!! Snow White rarely has a line longer than 10 minutes. and its only up to 30 in the summer, Beauty and the Beast would draw the numbers and be AMAZING!!

And technically Walt never intended for Snow White, Mr. Toad or Peter Pan to be the dark rides in FL. It was going to be Mary Poppins, Sleeping Beauty and A Headless Horsemen ride.
    Walt Disney World College Program:
    Upcoming: 08-27-07 to 01-04-08 Operations!!!

"Keep Moving Forward"-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that shuttering an existing attraction when there is valuable real estate being under utlilized in Fantasyland is...well...stupid. There is plenty of room to keep Snow White AND build the Beatuty and the Beast ride. Disney should be ashamed that they ever put that travesty called "Pooh's Playful Spot" anywhere near the hallowed ground that was 20,000 Leagues.
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

I have to make a point. I love the idea of a Beauty and the beast ride, I just don't want to lose one of my favorite rides. I love Snow White. I am not sure why, I just do. Bring on Beauty and the Beast... oh hey yeah bring on Sleepy Hallow!

D

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    I agree that shuttering an existing attraction when there is valuable real estate being under utlilized in Fantasyland is...well...stupid. There is plenty of room to keep Snow White AND build the Beatuty and the Beast ride. Disney should be ashamed that they ever put that travesty called "Pooh's Playful Spot" anywhere near the hallowed ground that was 20,000 Leagues.
    Just to be clear, this plan also called for Pooh's Playful Spot to be replaced by a combination of the Little Mermaid ride and the new Snow White themed coaster.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Was the plan for the Dwarf Mine train to be an indoor or outdoor attraction? Think how cool that would be in the dark.
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I never saw any level of detail that explained what the actual concept was.

Bear in mind that all of this pretty much comes from Jim Hill, who is about as reliable as a weatherman when it comes to Disney rumors.

I'm pretty sure he's batting .000 in terms of his rumors coming to fruition.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arielfan98 View Post
    I once read in a thread that someone said disney was going to make a ride for Ariel, but canceled the idea. Like they threw it in the trash. That really hurts for a person like me. How would you like it if your favorite disney character's ride was thrown in the trash? And I can't change my favorite disney character either because once you know who's your fave, he/she will stick to you no matter what. And so I will always be an Ariel supporter!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arielfan98 View Post
    I once read in a thread that someone said disney was going to make a ride for Ariel, but canceled the idea. Like they threw it in the trash.
    I am not sure if this will put you at ease, but I have known a few Imagineers over the years and rest assured, if the plans or ideas for this ride EVER existed, they were not thrown out. WDI NEVER throws ideas out, they file them away for future use or as inspiration for others. if the idea was on paper, relax in knowing the idea (at least) still exists.

D

Post Thanks / Like

I would love a Beauty and the Beast ride, but hope they can keep Snow White as well. Now, add a Sleepy Hollow ride? I'd start buying my annual passes again!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: