Hey Guys...

My wife just went to bed after talking to me about Harry Kalas for the past hour. I was OK all day, pretty much. I was a bit choked up when I heard the news, almost lost it when I saw Sarge wipe the tear from his left eye, and had a little bit of trouble talking to my mom tonight after the Phillies pulled the game out, but for the most part I was OK. After reading Jason Stark's article tonight though, I lost it, and I couldn't hold back any longer.

If you didn't grow up in the Philadelphia area, you probably can't get what we are all going through right now. Almost every memory I have in my entire life that happened between April and September has had Harry Kalas in the background. The good times, the bad times, the wins and the losses were all paired with Harry's voice. Phillies baseball and my watching the games will never again be the same.

I am absolutely devastated tonight. I kept apologizing to my wife as I told her story after story about what Harry Kalas has meant to me in my life but she assured me each time that it was OK. She has only been a baseball fan and a Phillies fan for a few years, but she felt the impact too. I was crushed when Whitey died twelve years ago, but his passing was nothing like Harry's. Rest in Peace, Harry the K.