Quantcast T Rex

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: T Rex

Post Thanks / Like

Default T Rex

This Sept. we've decided to try T-Rex for the first time. Does anyone have an opinion of it? I've read that there are different rooms inside. Are any of the rooms better than the others? When you make a reservation, are you allowed to make a room request? How often do the meteor showers go off? Are they in every room?
    Don't need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been--Mater

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was there in Oct of last year they were not taking reservations and I don't think they started taking them since either!!! As for the rooms the Ice room is the best!!!! It is a cool blue and purple color!!! The meteor shower happens every half hour I believe!! Just to warn you it is very expensive and not very good food!!! It is very similar to Rainforest Cafe, just different deco!!!
    Too many times to count before NOW! 40+

Next trips planned Jan.1-6 2013 ~ ORANGE LAKE RESORT

Post Thanks / Like

We're getting ready to go there in a couple of weeks! One thing I can tell you is that you can make reservations. However, it's not done through Disney. They have their own seperate number. We can't wait to eat there!
    Alicia

1980 & 1984 - Off site
    1990 & May 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    Jan 2001 (honeymoon) and Nov 2004 - Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Sept 2007 - Polynesian Resort

Next Trip: May 2010 - Polynesian (for our 10 year anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard mixed reviews on this place but still want to try it. I know when you arrive you can request a room and will be given a wait time (roughly) for that area. Not sure about requesting a room during your ADR's (when they take them), I am guessing probably not.

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

We're trying it next week! (almost exactly a week from right now, as I type this).

We will report back (of course), but I don't think you can request a specific room when you make your reservations, but it would make sense that you could ask when you arrive at the restuarant, depending on how it is.

The T-Rex number is 407-828-TREX.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

thanks everyone!
    Don't need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been--Mater

Post Thanks / Like

Default where can I find more info on it?

It sounds really neat!!! But will it scare my ds? He will be 3 when we go. DD will be 7 1/2! TIA!!!!!
    6/97 DL
    6/98 CS
    12/99 HONEYMOON
    4/01 DL
    1/04 ASMo
    12/04 POR
    12/05 ASMu
    12/07 AKL
    1/08 AKL
    11/09 POP

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

You can definitely make reservations directly through T-Rex, but I expect the only requests you can make for a specific room will have to be made when you get there. We also ate in the 'ice room', and found it - let's just say interesting! The lighting made it a bit challenging at times to read the menu, but overall it was a lot of fun. Also, we found the food and service to be very good. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Food was decent, large portions but pricey. Service was excellent.

Went by there a couple of evenings (Thursday) ago around 6pm and the line was not too long for entry.

Fun place to go to and look around, take pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

I have reservations and will be eating there for lunch in July. Can't wait
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

We went in Feb and loved it. I think it has become a must do for us now. We'll be back in May.
    Never underestimate the power of pixie dust!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am really interested in trying T-Rex too but is it possible to just walk up at lunch or did everyone have ADR's?
    Previous Trips
    1998 - Offsite
    1999 - Offsite
    2003 - Offsite
    2005 - All Star Movies
    2007 - Pop Century
    2008 - Pop Century
    June 2009 - Pop Century
    Next trip ... September 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

We went in December and had no ADR's (I don't think they were taking them yet); we walked up around noon and there was a long line, however they were seating people as they checked in (I thought this WAS the line to check in and about freaked out! until I understood what was going on then it was not so bad). If you can make a ressie, I would.

As for the food, service, price, all around experience -- I can say we'll be going back in October. The food was decent (actually good), the price was a bit high though for what it was, the service was a tad off (they had been open for a week I think when we were there though, so still working out the kinks -- we did not get our food and when it finally did come it was not at all what we ordered -- they did rectify that though, but we were still charged for the entire bill and not apologized to, so it was a little bad taste in our mouth so to speak). The experience was awesome!! DS#1 thoroughly enjoyed himself and wanted to just hang out all day! DS#2 (6 mo at the time) actually fell asleep amongst all the noise! The themeing is really very good! I like it better than RFC.
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Get a ressie, you need to call T-Rex directly. AS the night goes on it gets very busy. It's a large place. We had a realy early dinner, around 4 pm, and it wasn't crowded but by the time we left it filled up.

All the rooms are cool. I think the Ice Room is the best. We were seated just outside of it under a large Mammoth The food was good, we had dual dips and pasta dishes. We were way too full for that collossal dessert. The kids had dino bones full of icee drink.

Meteor shower happens often. I didn't time it but I think it was about every 20 minutes or so. Very cool place. My son picked a geode rock from the gift shop and got to crack it open in a vice. There are crystals inside. A truly unique souvenier!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in February and we found it to be sub standard food and way too loud.

The dinosaurs were great, the decor was fun but it wasn't enough for us to say we'd ever go back.
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

The kids really want to see this place so we are going to check it out even though the ratings for it are not looking too good. If the food is anything like rain forest cafe as I have read several times I am not going to be a happy camper. I think RFC's menu selection and food quality is terrible. I have tried it three times and hated it every time. Maybe TRex will surpass my expectations.

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

We had lunch there last Tuesday the showers go off every 20 minutes, we ate in that room. It's extremely overpriced, and the food isn't great IMO my ds is a dinosaur freak that's why we went. We had awful service, and for 6 of us w/2 kids meals mind you it was $150, no drinks either, and 1 app. They take advanced seating requests, not reservations I was told. I won't be back anytime soon. My ds didn't appreciated it either, so that upset me also. The decor is great though
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

We also ate in the ice cave. I wished we were in another area, though. It seemed cold in there, and then when the walls turned red for a few seconds, it felt warmer. I doubt the temperature actually changed, though. It was probably just our perception of the icy blue color. There was a table in the curve of a giant triceratops in another area that looked really neat. The giant jellyfish was also very cool. The food was decent.
    BLT Owners as of 11/09!

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there twice last year and didnt need a reservation ( went early dec ) . Its a loud place ( louder that the Rainforest Cafe)
    I recommend the pork shank its to die for
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I can't really speak on the food, as we just sat at the bar and had an appetizer, just to check the place out.

I can say though that the atmosphere, themeing, etc. are amazing. I've always like the atmosphere of the RFC, but T-Rex takes it to a new level.

I am not sure about requesting a specific room, but I am sure it can be done. My favorite room was the ice cave that changed colors. VERY cool!

Also, I am not sure how often the meteor showers are, but while we were there just at the bar eating an appetizer and having a drink, it went off twice, so I would say it is more frequent (and much cooler looking) than the t-storms at RFC.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: