Quantcast stroller or no stroller in parks? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

she gets tired when we walk ny just the times square area. shes done walking when we do about 6-8 blocks. so not so sure i think i am going to take it but if anything things we buy we will put in the stroller and its one of those light weight ones that has a thing i can carry it like a bookbag
    WDW-All Star Movie~Aug. 2005
    WDW-All Star Movie~Aug. 2,2009

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I re-read the tip I was thinking of. It said to put the bike lock through 2 wheels so a CM can move it, but it won't roll.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

I think you should bring it. That way you have it at the airport too and also walking to the buses. If your little one wants a nap then they can always nap in the stroller. I have a 6 year old that is still in a stroller and will be for as long as he wants. He has a form of anemia and gets tired easily when his numbers are low. He also isn't that used to alot of walking so it's just easier to let him hop in when he wants. Why take the chance of a tired cranky child when you don't have too.
    Coreen

Post Thanks / Like

Ours was $25 at WM but they only hold up to 40lbs or so.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

I would think it would be up to your child. We have never used a stroller on any of our trips. When they got tired, we either carried them or sat down to rest.
    This year they will be 2 months shy of 7 years old. We will again not take the stroller. For us, it is just one more thing to worry about.
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

I've had all three of my dk's in strollers through out the years. They were out of them by the age of 5-6. Even at that age when their feet got tired I could put them on my shoulders and walk around. Luckily I'm big enough and they were small enough. One thing my kids were able to do was think it was WDW and they only got tired when it was time to leave.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

A 7 YO in a stoller. No way, unless there is a medical condition. You may need the stroller more than a 7YO. If the young ones get tired and cranky, take a break.
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with DaddyMouse. Our 1st trip to WDW DS was 4 DD 3. We practiced for months before the trip regarding holding hands at all times, going on long extended walks, all the while explaining to the kids the crowds, the heat, etc. They were amazing!! Those 2 kids never asked to be carried whatsoever!! We were very diligent about taking breaks, even just sitting for a few minutes with a juice bar was so rejuvenating!! There were many times when DH & I could have used a break, but those two were just amazing with the positive reinforcement about walking, heat, crowds and always holding hands. Never even thought of taking/renting a stroller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Orlando Stroller rentals

Just FYI - I read of a business in Orlando that rents out strollers and they will deliver and pick-up from your hotel room - they have some pretty nice looking double strollers for $90/week that look more like the strollers you can use when running.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrabbyPatty View Post
    We're be there in late August with two kids - 8 and 6. So it will be HOT and HUMID (but at least we'll get free food .....).

My friend (with the 6yo) says she'll need a stroller. How much is the stroller rental daily, or can you get a weekly rate?
    Here is the information on stroller rental, per INTERCOT's Infocentral tab (at the top of the page):

Strollers
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

DD is 7 and we will most definately be taking a stroller. She is as active as can be. She plays soccer. But when it comes to walking, she just doesn't seem to hold up. She will walk the majority, but then she just crashes. And without a stroller, it could be ugly. LOL

We also like to have it to lug around all our stuff. It gets used more for a carry all then for pushing the kiddos.
    Jessica

Next Up - Aug 09' Wilderness Lodge
    98-08 - Shades of Green
    80-97 - Poly, CR, ASSports and family Condo at Daytona Beach.

Post Thanks / Like

Just spent four days in April with my DS7 and he did not use a stroller. He loves to walk around and "check things out" too much. When he got tired we would take a break. The freedom of not having a stroller was awesome!
    "My name is Incrediboy"--Syndrome

Visited the "World" 26 times in my 41 years including 10 times the last 6 years!!!
    Next visit: Summer 2012

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: