Quantcast Adr Nightmare---

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Adr Nightmare---

Today is the 90day mark to make reservations-- and been trying for 2 HOURS!!!!! I work 11-7 ,aciually worked 16 hours yesterday and going back 3-11today--had DH call at 7AM--he got through thengot cutofff!!!! So I have been tring sincey , even while drivingkidsto school and still keep being told circut is busy try back latter. I,m triny to get some slee pbut i keep calling and getting more upset Any one else having a problem.
    [*]2013 POR[*]2012 Swan / AKL[*]2011 POFQ[*]2009 AS MUSIC FAMILY SUITE[*]2008 POFQ[*]2007 POLY/ POFQ[*]2006 AS MUSIC[*]2005 AS MOVIES[*]2004 POP CENTURY[*]2003 AS MOVIES[*]2000 POFQ / 3 DAYS ON WONDER[*]1998 AS MUSIC[*]2 off site trips in High School[/LIST]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been trying to call this morning to make a couple of changes to our June trip and keep getting the "circuits are busy" message too!

Keep trying and good luck!

Trish

Post Thanks / Like

We had a horrible time making our ADR's 80 days ago due to the new system. I thought by now they would have trained the operators (that was the reason we were told then). They told us to try around noon time because the travel agents are at lunch and more lines are open.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 90 days out also today, and I called this morning right at 7 and had no major issues. I did wait on hold for 30 minutes, then when the CM was searching for category 1 seating at the HDDR the system kicked her out and she had to start over. This was the first ressie I was making so I didn't lose anything. We never got disconnected and the entire call lasted 55 minutes for me. Sorry you're having so many issues! Keep trying, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
    TTFN...ta ta for now

1981: off-site
    8/88: off-site
    7/95: ASMu
    4/00: CB
    3/01: ASMo
    12/01: ASMo
    12/02: ASMo/POR
    4/05: POR
    6/07: ASMo/POFQ
    8/09: POFQ
    4/11:CS/BW
    1/12: off-site
    ...and in 7/14: YC

Post Thanks / Like

Today starts the 90 window for the first week of Free Dining so that's why you are having all the problems.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Great, my 90 days out is tomorrow. I was excited but now I am nervous. I am glad for the heads up. At least if I have a good experience it will be a nice surprise...prepare for the worst and be pleasantly surprised is my motto for tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
    1977 Ft.Wilderness
    1980 Ft.Wilderness
    1987 Off Site
    1992 Off Site
    1997 Disney Institute-Honeymoon
    September 2006 PORS
    Sept 2007 Wilderness Lodge!!!!
    August 2009 POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I still don't understand why Disney has such issues doing basic things like this. 1,000 other companies in the world run call centers and have websites and they all work just fine.

Whoever is responsible for Disney telco and technology needs to be fired, because the user experience is just terrible 99% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Belle--86 View Post
    Today is the 90day mark to make reservations-- and been trying for 2 HOURS!!!!! I work 11-7 ,aciually worked 16 hours yesterday and going back 3-11today--had DH call at 7AM--he got through thengot cutofff!!!! So I have been tring sincey , even while drivingkidsto school and still keep being told circut is busy try back latter. I,m triny to get some slee pbut i keep calling and getting more upset Any one else having a problem.
    Based on this post, I'd say you desperately need some sleep!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My 90 days is a about two weeks away- I hope everything is resolved by then. I guess I will plan to call on my cell phone so that if I have to I can stay on the line when I am at work.

Post Thanks / Like

It probably has to do with the free dining promotion. However, last week I called for ADR's for our trip and I was less than 90 days out. I was able to get most of them, but the entire process took me over an hour. That was only for about half of my reservations (7 days). This new system appears to be much slower.
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Crossing my fingers! Tomorrow is my 90 days. Wish me luck!
    2016 May AULANI, 2015, Oct F&W Poly
    2015 May SSR, 2014 BCV 2013 Oct-F&WF POR,2013 May-BLT,
    2012 AKL-Kidani/SSR,2011 BLT/OKW,2010 POR,2009 POR,
    2008 CBR,2005 POR/AKL,2003 CBR,2001 POR/AKL,2000 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Today was my 90 day mark, too. I called right at 7am and was on hold until 8:15am. The CM was very nice and I was able to get everything we wanted and very normal dinner times - the only one that was hard to get was Le Cellier - we couldn't get in there until the 21st at 8:20pm, but I'll take it. It's our 1st time trying it and we really wanted to get in there!

Post Thanks / Like

We had no problems getting any of our requests and didn't have to be on hold hardly any time. We've even changed a couple of resies and still it was ok. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

1) People forget that Mondays are the biggest call day for ADR's.
    2) Most check-ins are on Sundays.
    3) So, the 90-day window opens for them on Monday.
    4) Just keep dialing.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

I about 20 min ago to try to change some of our reservations I booked last week but when the CM answered, she said to call back later that the system is down?!?! Luckly, I didn't wait on hold forever. Only about 5 min.
    Jessica

Next Up - Aug 09' Wilderness Lodge
    98-08 - Shades of Green
    80-97 - Poly, CR, ASSports and family Condo at Daytona Beach.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I still don't understand why Disney has such issues doing basic things like this. 1,000 other companies in the world run call centers and have websites and they all work just fine.

Whoever is responsible for Disney telco and technology needs to be fired, because the user experience is just terrible 99% of the time.

Based on this post, I'd say you desperately need some sleep!
    PREACH ON BROTHER...

I mean for crying all night... this is a fortune 500 company and they haven't been able to get a decent reservations system or website in place EVER!!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    PREACH ON BROTHER...

I mean for crying all night... this is a fortune 500 company and they haven't been able to get a decent reservations system or website in place EVER!!

Julie
    Correct. And making matters worse is the fact that they're supposed to be a tech-savvy media company!!

Iger is always out there preaching about being on the bleeding edge of technology and taking advantage of new tech opportunities and all.

Heck, forget that ... I'd be thrilled if they could just get their darn reservation system fixed!! I don't know why they don't just buy Holiday Inn's or something! Their's works just fine!

Having spent some time in the IT departments of Fortune 500 companies, though, I can tell you exactly how it happens. Politics. They could probably go out and buy whatever they need off-the-shelf for 25% of what they're spending for the garbage they have now. But that would mean that "Joe Smith, Director of Technical Pencil Pushing" would be out of a job and he's the cousin of the Executive Vice President in Charge of Pencil Management so we can't have that now can we???
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Made my ADR's this AM, got thru after about 15 min. As others have said, I'm sure it's a combo of the free dining dates starting 90 days from today, the new system, and the fact that it's a Monday.

I will say I thought it was odd when I requested an ADR for Le Celier for a particular night and time, then waited almost 3 minutes for the CM to tell me that there was nothing available at all that night. I'd have thought this wonderful "new system" should have been able to tell her almost instantly what was available for our party size for that night.
    john

Off-site '76, '89, '91, '96
    LBV Hilton '84
    DLR '86
    Poly '93, '08
    CR '96, '02, '03
    Next trip- Poly Aug '11

Post Thanks / Like

Our 90-day window was Saturday. My family was going in a million different directions this weekend. Plus, they were moving slower than I would have liked and slower than what my posted agenda called for….LOL
    So anyway, I missed calling in at 7:00AM. It was 9:20AM when I called Disney Dining and I was sure all ADR’s would be a no-go...but I was pleasantly surprised.
    I held for approximately 7 minutes. The reservationist took my confirmation number & began making our ADR’s. She was efficient & worked quickly. I made only 3 ADR’s: WCC at 7:00PM, O'hana's at 6:00PM, & 1900 Park Fare at 6:00PM. The whole thing took less than 10 minutes.
    ASSp, ASMovies, POP
    CSR, POR, CBR
    WL, YC/BC

Post Thanks / Like

Well, lets all hope that the reservations we do make are done correctly and we don't show up at Disney in 90 days and they say SORRY we don't have that reservation!
    1977 Ft.Wilderness
    1980 Ft.Wilderness
    1987 Off Site
    1992 Off Site
    1997 Disney Institute-Honeymoon
    September 2006 PORS
    Sept 2007 Wilderness Lodge!!!!
    August 2009 POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Well, lets all hope that the reservations we do make are done correctly and we don't show up at Disney in 90 days and they say SORRY we don't have that reservation!
    My thoughts exactly!!
    ASSp, ASMovies, POP
    CSR, POR, CBR
    WL, YC/BC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: