Quantcast Just My Luck

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Just My Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Just My Luck

Go figure - spent all my cell phone min + some today trying to get through to Disney Dining, only to end up not getting our top 2 restaurants! How in heck could they be COMPLETELY booked up for dinner at two different restaurants for an ENTIRE WEEK in a matter of hours...especially since half the times I called I ended up waiting only to hear "I'm sorry, our systems are down!" On top of it, we didn't get a single time frame we wanted....I just don't understand! ARGH!!! Looks like I will either have a very dissapointed family or I will luck out on one of the 90 days I will be calling before our trip...twice a day!
    1990 & 91 - Off Property
    1992 - Contemporary
    1993 thru 96 - Poly
    2002 & 03 - Poly
    2006 - Poly
    2009 - Pop Century & Grand Floridian

2014 - Beach Club for my daughter's first trip!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry. This is not good. I bet you anything they have cut down on seatings to save money. I have done free dining 2 out of the last 3 years and have NEVER had this problem.
    1977 Ft.Wilderness
    1980 Ft.Wilderness
    1987 Off Site
    1992 Off Site
    1997 Disney Institute-Honeymoon
    September 2006 PORS
    Sept 2007 Wilderness Lodge!!!!
    August 2009 POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

The reason why they seem like they book in a few short hours is that when you make ADRs you can make them from 90 days of your arrival - so people arriving up to a week before you have already made ADRs into you vacation week.

Post Thanks / Like

I would keep calling - there may be a cancellation between now and then.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Hey im with u! Lol I waited for one hour this morning from 7 am to 8 am and the music went silent i heard some voices and then heard click! I got hung up on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one flippin hour waiting to be hung up on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was livid couldnt get back thru waited 40 min two times. I had problems on the one place and the other place was booked so we can be mad together!!!!!!!! I am sorry you had to go thru it too! How frusterating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Hammer; 05-18-2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: language
    Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo....

First Trip 1985!
    1998-2007 offsite
    2008-9/12-9/21 All Star Movies
    2009-08/17-08/22 All Star Movies
    2010-12/09-12/20 All Star Sports
    2012-11/29-12/09 Animation of Art!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It was def my worst experience EVER making ADRs....even the CM was shocked that there was NOTHING available!
    1990 & 91 - Off Property
    1992 - Contemporary
    1993 thru 96 - Poly
    2002 & 03 - Poly
    2006 - Poly

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that online ADR booking was supposed to go live today, and I think it did, but only for travel agents... maybe the entire system is messed up b/c of it??

I'd definitely try again over the next few days... maybe there were glitches r/t the new system that will get worked out.

Good luck!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

How do the on line ADR's work? Can any travel agent book?
    WORK TO PAY FOR DISNEY
    2020 June SOG
    2017 MNSSHP POP
    2014 August Shades of Green
    2012 August POP
    2008 September POP
    2007 April Shades of Green
    2004 April Shades of Green
    2001 March Shades of Green
    1998 December Shades of Green
    1995 March off site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by biodtl View Post
    The reason why they seem like they book in a few short hours is that when you make ADRs you can make them from 90 days of your arrival - so people arriving up to a week before you have already made ADRs into you vacation week.
    Ditto to the above.

I called last Monday and the 90 + 10 hurt us too. We weren't able to get Le Cellier or Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package. And I got threw right at 7am with NO hold. I have called almost everyday since and still can't get them.
    Jessica

Next Up - Aug 09' Wilderness Lodge
    98-08 - Shades of Green
    80-97 - Poly, CR, ASSports and family Condo at Daytona Beach.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain! I called on Monday and got the "all circuits are busy" message for almost 35 min. straight. When I did get through I was on hold for 45 min. before getting an answer. BTW I wish they would change up the hold music a little. I got a little tired of hearing the same few songs repeatedly.

I have to admit that I had a great CM once I got through. I was unable to get Ohana or LeCellier for ANY time during the week we will be there. I was able to get all the other ADRs we wanted but we are eating early dinners, not sure if that made any difference in getting in or not.

Post Thanks / Like

I can imagine how frustrating that was. I can tell you from experience that if you keep calling, you might get somewhere. I know that I called over and over for my trip last week and we finally got the character breakfast we wanted the night before.

Good luck!
    Erica

'83, '86 - CR
    '89 - GF
    '94, '98 - Poly
    '00, 3/09 - Off site
    '01 - ASM
    '02 - Swan
    5/09 - POR
    10/09 - AKL
    12/09 - GF
    Next trip???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by estein80 View Post
    I can imagine how frustrating that was. I can tell you from experience that if you keep calling, you might get somewhere. I know that I called over and over for my trip last week and we finally got the character breakfast we wanted the night before.

Good luck!
    Agreed! I called twice today and plan on doing that every day till the day of our dining! Ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by 1EeyoreFan View Post
    I feel your pain! I called on Monday and got the "all circuits are busy" message for almost 35 min. straight. When I did get through I was on hold for 45 min. before getting an answer. BTW I wish they would change up the hold music a little. I got a little tired of hearing the same few songs repeatedly.

I have to admit that I had a great CM once I got through. I was unable to get Ohana or LeCellier for ANY time during the week we will be there. I was able to get all the other ADRs we wanted but we are eating early dinners, not sure if that made any difference in getting in or not.
    Yep - I have heard zipadee doo da, grim grinning ghosts, small life, etc...more times in the last two days than I will during our entire trip! LMAO! HOWEVER! That morning and this experience makes my decision to NEVER book in August again....AND that the dining system is messed up...b/c #1 there is no way all ressies for Le Cellier and Ohana are booked completely already and #2 not only did my friend get a ressie for Ohana after I called (and was told nothing available), but others who booked today were able to get ressies during our time frame.....but I looked at both of these restaurants from 4-9 during our ENTIRE STAY....it's just not possible! They have to be saving spots for each day.....as such I will be up @ 6am the next few days to call and check! Wish me luck and BTW...I am sound negative b/c of this situation but I AM IN LOVE WITH DISNEY!!!

**as an addendum....when we went as children, my parents would call for dining on the day of from our resort phone and get seating for that night....ahhh the simplicity
    1990 & 91 - Off Property
    1992 - Contemporary
    1993 thru 96 - Poly
    2002 & 03 - Poly
    2006 - Poly

Post Thanks / Like

It is not you.
    Here's the Problem:

1) People get 90+10 days ADR's when staying on site.
    2) This is good for you.
    3) Sounds great, huh?
    4) However, someone else already ate into your days with their 10-days.
    5) So, when you call, you are already at a disadvantage for popular meals.
    6) During Free Dining, it gets even worse.

NOTE: No good deed goes unrewarded. 90+10 has its own problems. What sounds like a good deal is actually a disadvantage, because other people get a 10-days lead on you for the same coveted ADR's. People just never look at it this way. They assume the +10 will get them anything they want. It was more fair when you had 90-days and had to call each day. At least the fastest dialers got their ressies.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes if you try to book a different # of people they have openings. For example we wanted a table for 2 and were told they were completly booked. When we asked for a table for 4 we got right in.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    It is not you.
    Here's the Problem:

1) People get 90+10 days ADR's when staying on site.
    2) This is good for you.
    3) Sounds great, huh?
    4) However, someone else already ate into your days with their 10-days.
    5) So, when you call, you are already at a disadvantage for popular meals.
    6) During Free Dining, it gets even worse.

NOTE: No good deed goes unrewarded. 90+10 has its own problems. What sounds like a good deal is actually a disadvantage, because other people get a 10-days lead on you for the same coveted ADR's. People just never look at it this way. They assume the +10 will get them anything they want. It was more fair when you had 90-days and had to call each day. At least the fastest dialers got their ressies.
    It's actually worse than this, Not only are you competing with the 90+10 day people, you also have the less than 90 day people who are, no doubt, calling frequently looking for ADR's or cancellations.......
    Wells
    "But...I don't want to go among mad people."

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat, "we're all mad here"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: