Quantcast Twitter? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twitter?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    Hi,

My name is Genna, I'm 36 years old and I don't Twitter, I don't Blog and I don't FaceBook. It has nothing to do with my age, I just like my privacy.

I just don't feel need to tweet every time that I change a diaper or feed the cats. Really, I don't have time for all of that stuff (except Intercot, the sole exception).
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

In all honesty, I was against Twitter until Earnhard321 (thanks Bonnie) showed it to me. I do like Facebook for the fact that I can see what my friends all over the world are up to. But I do like the fact that I can post just little thoughts here and there and see what others are thinking about as well.

I actually am starting to use twitter in my classroom to give real time updates about what we are up to in our studies. I know some of you are probably saying, "why are you on twitter when you should be teaching?" Well, we actually use it in class to post our little thoughts on things we are discussing in the classroom and we use it to share with my student's parents/guardians in real time. Parents can check in during the day to see what we are up to, homework that has been assigned, upcoming events, and websites or videos we are looking at. I also send out links to our classroom wikispace account for a more detailed description of our classroom events on progress.

The link on the bottom of my signature is for my own personal twitter account, but you can find me under "mrbyoung" if you want to see my classroom one. On my personal one I like to share what kind of new music I am listening to, how far I am running as I am training for my upcoming marathons, websites that I am interested in and want to be accessible to me anywhere. Plus, I frequently like to post some of my favorite Disney stuff that I find all over the internet (eg. links to Intercot) .

Some may see Twitter as a big time waster and a "I already have facebook so I don't need it" type of site. I have tried it and have really enjoyed it.

My two cents!
    Brett

"Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas"
    - Monorail

"Good news....we've made it WORSE!" TOT4

"But why's the rum gone?" - Captain Jack Sparrow

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: