Quantcast Let's all Go Cup Crazy! - Page 18

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Abiding Dude View Post
    Wow!
    You have some very strong opinions about the Red Wings and it seems from the way your ranting, the Penguins can do no wrong.
    I never said they could do no wrong, and I find it funny that someone would think that...after having to endure an ENTIRE season of everyone saying the Penguins "get all the calls".

I like the Wings but first and foremost, I love hockey. I always give credit where credit is due whether it's for my team or the opposing team.
    I'm right there with you. The Wings ARE a great team. I'm just wishing they and their fans would stop whining about the penalties FINALLY called on them.

The 6 men on the ice thing was completely ridiculous whether it was for the Wings or the Penguins. C'mon, almost a half minute and no call was made? I think the Refs should be fined for such a blatent disregard for enforcing the rules of the game.
    Yes, it was ridiculous. However, it didn't change the outcome of the game.

My point is that you shouldn't think the sun only shines on the Wings when penalties are being RATIONED out. Both of these teams are in the finals for a reason. They are the best of the Eastern and the Western conference. It's no fluke that they are both facing each other again this year. I like the Red Wings and hope they win, but I respect the Penguins as well because they are our opponent.
    Again, I'm in the same boat as you. I respect the Wings. You don't become a dynasty for no reason. Doesn't mean I don't HATE 'em. Hell...that's what rivalries are made of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    No, not really. There are plenty of winning franchises I don't hate.

What I hate are franchises with arrogant, annoying owners and/or fans.

For example, teams that label the town in which they play "Hockeytown, USA!" (as if there are no other cities in the U.S. that love hockey???) or annoint themselves "America's Team!" (those folks conveniently ignore that fact that far more Americans hate them than love them) or seem to spawn devil fans from out of nowhere who crow when their teams win and then disappear into the woodwork when they stink. Or worse, continue to crow and refuse to admit that they stink!

Like really ... Mets fans?? Come ON! I still have to listen to them even after the Phils outsed them from playoff contention two years running and won the stinkin' World Series last year?? Please ... shut up and color, ya morons.
    So where do the Yankees fit into that criteria?

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    As for the calls I am talking about are the blatant infractions that are being missed. & Penguins on the ice for about 25 seconds not penalty called. This change the entire complextion of the game since not even a minute later Pins get a PP and score when they should have been on the PK. Sorry but that is the definition of getting away with murder! A stick across the face not called. This has nothing to do with hating either team it has to do with loving the sport!
    Again, what about Zetterburg's two coverups of the puck in the crease? You don't think that changed the complexion of the game?

Spare me. The Wings are getting away with murder too.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Again, what about Zetterburg's two coverups of the puck in the crease? You don't think that changed the complexion of the game?
    Covering the puck in the crease is still a little less obvious and harder to see than 7 players on the ice and cross check to the face right in front of the ref. And I agree with Ian that only 1of the 2 incidents possibly warranted a penalty shot. Basically you are too involved to make a clear judgement I have no vested interest in either teams I am watching as a fan of the sport not the teams.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Covering the puck in the crease is still a little less obvious and harder to see than 7 players on the ice and cross check to the face right in front of the ref. And I agree with Ian that only 1of the 2 incidents possibly warranted a penalty shot. Basically you are too involved to make a clear judgement I have no vested interest in either teams I am watching as a fan of the sport not the teams.
    Bro, you seem to miss that I said yes, there are missed calls on the Pens side. HOWEVER, that's ALL I'm hearing about.

There you are again, defending the Wings. For someone with nothing vested you truly seem to be favoring them, no?

I admit the high check should have been called. I admit the too many men should have been called.

Yet you come in and only bring up the Pens.

What, the pick and the trip on the PP when the Wings scored was kosher?

The breaking of Dupuis' stick by Hossa on the slash that resulted in a Wing's goal was kosher?

You say that only one of Zetterberg's covers POSSIBLY could have warranted a penalty shot, yet every hockey site and TV coverage I've seen says it was deliberate.

I just gave you two instances that DIRECTLY led to Wings goals, and two that would have resulted in Penguin penalty shots. How come you're not bringing up those instances, only the Pens...which led to NOTHING.

Post Thanks / Like

Tuesday's nigth game was one of the best games I have seen. I can't wait until tonight!

Let's go

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

You can't know that. As someone has already pointed out, shortly thereafter the Pens went on a PP of their own and scored. Had they been called for the too many men penalty, they would not have had a PP and, logic dictates, would not have scored that goal.

Seems like it changed the outcome dramatically from where I'm sitting.

So where do the Yankees fit into that criteria?
    They fall under the "Spawned Devil Fans" rule.

You say that only one of Zetterberg's covers POSSIBLY could have warranted a penalty shot, yet every hockey site and TV coverage I've seen says it was deliberate.
    The coverage has said that the first one was deliberate (which both Jeff and I agree with).

The coverage on the second incident has, pretty much universally, said it appeared he did not cover the puck with his body.

How come you're not bringing up those instances, only the Pens...which led to NOTHING.
    I'd dispute that they led to "nothing."

Honestly ... and I say this with total impartiality ... pull up your jorts ... your homer-dom is showing.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone needs to relax!

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly ... and I say this with total impartiality ... pull up your jorts ... your homer-dom is showing.
    LOL....and yet AGAIN. you conveniently sidestep the pick & trip and the Hossa slash.

Just sayin'.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by julyjewel View Post
    Everyone needs to relax!
    Why?

LOL....and yet AGAIN. you conveniently sidestep the pick & trip and the Hossa slash.

Just sayin'.
    No, I'm not sidestepping them at all. I already said that I thought both teams were pretty much equally benefitting from the non-calls.

Again ... I was merely commenting on what I saw in the very brief period of time that I watched Game 3. Overall, I don't see one team getting favorable treatment from the refs vs. the other.

However, I will say that it seems pretty obvious that, to one degree or another, the refs are trying to influence the series. It may be to try and help it go 7 games or maybe to try and make it more physical and interesting or just to create controversy and maybe some ratings.

Whatever the case, they seem to have largely stowed their whistles and I can't say that I'm really in favor of that.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever the case, they seem to have largely stowed their whistles and I can't say that I'm really in favor of that.
    Neither am I...since the PP is one of the Pens' string points.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm right there with Ian (which scares me ). I don't see how you can say that the failure to make the too-many-men call doesn't change the outcome of the game. The Wings would have been on a PP, which changes a lot. Even if a Wings penalty would have been called when it was, they would have been even, so who knows if the Pens would have scored that first goal?

There's no way to know what would have happened if the too-many-men call had been made.
    Tammy

8/78, 5/88, 3/90, 3/94 - WDW - Off-Site
    5/86, 7/91, 3/99 - DL - Off-Site
    10/97, 7/98 - WDW - Poly
    7/01 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #1
    2/02 - WDW - WL
    7/03 - WDW - Poly - surprise b-day trip
    12/04 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #2
    1/06 - WDW - Poly - surprise 6th b-day for DD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alphamommy View Post
    I'm right there with Ian (which scares me ). I don't see how you can say that the failure to make the too-many-men call doesn't change the outcome of the game. The Wings would have been on a PP, which changes a lot. Even if a Wings penalty would have been called when it was, they would have been even, so who knows if the Pens would have scored that first goal?

There's no way to know what would have happened if the too-many-men call had been made.
    The problem I'm having is how badly Wings apologists are harping on that one incident, when I've mentioned SEVERAL just as bad.

Let it go.

Now...I'll sit back and wait for the excuses that will surely follow the Pens' win tonight.

It's a whole new series now, innit? And it looks like the Pens have figured the Wings out at last.

Let's see what happens back in "hockeytown".

Post Thanks / Like

The problem I'm having is how badly Wings apologists are harping on that one incident, when I've mentioned SEVERAL just as bad.

Let it go.

Now...I'll sit back and wait for the excuses that will surely follow the Pens' win tonight.

It's a whole new series now, innit? And it looks like the Pens have figured the Wings out at last.

Let's see what happens back in "hockeytown".
    The Pens did not get the calls tonight and still won. Jordan Staal was the reason. That short-handed goal was huge. Fleury also had a big night.

As a fellow Pens fan I will say, do not get too excited yet. There is a lot of hockey left. However, I think the Red Wings may be a little tired. With Pavel coming back possibly next game it should be interesting. The question is, will he help or hurt? Having a guy out there not 100% could be risky. I am looking forward to Saturday night. Could go either way.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I don't think any of the non-calls on Detroit are nearly as bad as allowing 6 men to skate on the ice for 30 seconds or so. That's basically giving Pittsburgh a de-facto 30 second power play ... it doesn't get much worse than that.

Good win last night, though. Pens battled again ... they're a scrappy team.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donald A View Post
    The Pens did not get the calls tonight and still won. Jordan Staal was the reason. That short-handed goal was huge. Fleury also had a big night.

As a fellow Pens fan I will say, do not get too excited yet. There is a lot of hockey left. However, I think the Red Wings may be a little tired. With Pavel coming back possibly next game it should be interesting. The question is, will he help or hurt? Having a guy out there not 100% could be risky. I am looking forward to Saturday night. Could go either way.
    Oh I'm not overconfident at all...but I AM confident.

In the third period the Wings looked old and tired. The Pens need to capitalize on that. They need to keep hitting them they way they have for the past two games.

And yes, Fleury has been huge the past two. Hope he finally found his groove.

Once again, don't think the Pens haven't noticed Ozzie's weak stick side.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe ANY miscall can be huge wether its 7 men on the ice or trip whatever. Both teams need to not let that non-calls bother them and just play hockey. It's not like they are going to say let replay game 3 becaus of a certain miscall. Move on and play hockey and I believe the fans should do the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yjgirl32 View Post
    I believe ANY miscall can be huge wether its 7 men on the ice or trip whatever. Both teams need to not let that non-calls bother them and just play hockey. It's not like they are going to say let replay game 3 becaus of a certain miscall. Move on and play hockey and I believe the fans should do the same.
    Wisdom.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you yj Girl! It's the truth. Don't dwell on it...just move on. The wings were starting to look tired last night.

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing is ladies, that's sports. People will harp on things. That's the nature of fandom.

If the Pens win this series, they'll be talking about that too many men situation for ages, and vice versa with the Hossa slash if the Wings win.

It's just how it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Boy do I know that. DH is a HUGE Pittsburgh fan and he has heard about the Steelers and the missed calls from when they played the Seahawks for the last 3, 4 ??? years- can't remember when they played them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yjgirl32 View Post
    The more I watch hockey I realize that this exact point is true. You have to win despite poor calls by the official. I am just glad Pittsburgh was penalized more last night and won pretty much fair and square.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: