Quantcast Anyone have recent experience with my ADRs

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone have recent experience with my ADRs

These are my ADRs for July/Aug. Most of my dinners are early around 5 or earlier, except O'Hana which is a late meal for Wishes. Has anyone had good or bad experiences at these restaurants lately or do you have a dish to suggest?

Fri 1900 Park Fare (D)
    Sat Coral Reef (D)
    Sun WCC (D) - done before
    Mon Yak & Yeti (D)
    Tue Mama Melrose (Fantasmic)
    Wed Crystal Palace (B) - done before
    Sci Fi (D)
    Thur Chef Mickey's (D) - done bfast
    Fri O'Hana (D) - done before, fav

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Only Coral Reef and it was great! Very nice- loved wathcing the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I have eaten at several of the restaurants you chose and loved almost all of them! Hope this helps a bit!

Coral Reef - I ate here in May 2008 and everyone in our group really enjoyed it. The atmosphere is really cool, especially with the aquarium in the background! The food and service were both very good. Be sure to try the Chocolate Wave for dessert!

WCC - I've eaten here 3 times and had a great experience each time! We most recently ate here about a week ago and the food and service were excellent. It was the first time we all tried the skillet and it was well worth the DDP credit! So much food, and it was all really tasty! Our server was excellent and a lot of fun.

Yak & Yeti - Ate here in 2008 also and loved it! It was one of my favorite meals from that trip. The restaurant is really neat, so be sure to explore it a little bit while you're there. I'd recommend the crispy honey chicken for an entree and the fried wontons for dessert! YUM!

Mama Melrose - I've only eaten here once, and unfortunately we had a pretty negative experience with the food and the service. Neither was very good. But, that was a couple years ago, and we could have just been there on an off night! It's on our list of "maybe try again" restaurants...but not for a while.

Sci Fi - I've eaten here twice and liked it both times. The atmosphere is unlike anything else and so much fun! The food is pretty good and the milkshakes are great!

Chef Mickey's - Had dinner here for the first time on our most recent trip and really enjoyed it! I was suprised at how good the food was! They had really tasty chicken marsala (sp?) and a lot of other yummy dishes to choose from. The desserts were also excellent! We had good character interaction here, too!

'Ohana - This is probably my all time favorite restaurant at WDW. I could eat a whole bowl of the bread pudding by myself! (I probably wouldn't be able to walk out of the restaurant, though! ) I miss the potatoes, but I love just about everything else they serve (except the noodles). We've always had great service here, too.

I haven't eaten the same meals you've chosen at the other restaurants, so I can't offer any comments on those. I think you have some great choices and will have lots of great meals! Have a wonderful trip!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Coral Reef- great atmosphere, food is good but portions are small. They do have my favorite dessert, the chocolate wave.
    Yak & Yeti- Very large prtions of food. My DH had lo mein which was good. I had the beef & broccoli which was kind of bland.
    Sci-Fi- My kids loved eating here. Great atmosphere. The food is just ok for me.
    Chef Mickey's- We LOVE this place. Lots of choices on the buffet. The Scalloped potatoes were delicious and the carving station meats were very good. Great dessert bar especially for the kids. This is one of our favorite dinners.
    Sassy2000

Prior to 2007 off site
    Oct 07 AS Music
    Apr 08 AS Movies
    Dec 08 CSR & POR
    Feb 09 Pop

Nov/Dec 09 CBR &AKL
    May 10 CSR
    Oct 10 Poly!!
    May 11 AS Music
    Oct 11 AKV & BWV
    Feb 12 AKV
    Feb 13 POR Royal Room

in a lavender cottage - I mixed this color to create this wild color
    Post Thanks / Like

Coral Reef- portions are smaller but my fish was very good. I enjoyed it very much.

Chef Mickeys - nothing to write home about
    but my daughter loved the character interaction- and its real cute inside . I am stuck going again. I wouldnt without a child.

The Scifi Diner one- that was cool inside to look at - but very greasy fast food style cooking.
    Would not go back. If atmosphere is what you want- GO.. it very cool! food - greasy!!!

in a lavender cottage - I mixed this color to create this wild color
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW-
    Ohana
    is fabulous!
    YuM .

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=rain;1902085]

Fri 1900 Park Fare (D) never eaten here before

Sat Coral Reef (D) only had lunch and it was good

Mon Yak & Yeti (D) excellent good food and great atmosphere and service

Tue Mama Melrose (Fantasmic)we had the same package , but i'm sorry to say that the food was awful, this 3 years ago and we haven't gone back maybe things have changed, if you like nothing but garlic in your food then you'll love it

Sci Fi (D)great place to eat great atmosphere food is very good and so is the service, we've gone back everytime since 06

Thur Chef Mickey's (D) - done bfast sorry never done

Fri O'Hana (D) - done before, fav this is our favorite as well we went to ohana's for the first time in 06 and we never looked back excellent food , and service.
    hope this helps, enjoy your trip our 90 mark is this thursday, and we can't hardly wait to make our adr's i will post them as soon it becomes official.

/QUOTE]
    Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

Fri 1900 Park Fare (D)
    Sat Coral Reef (D)
    Mon Yak & Yeti (D)
    Tue Mama Melrose (Fantasmic)
    Sci Fi (D)
    Thur Chef Mickey's (D) - done bfast
    Fri O'Hana (D) - done before, fav[/quote]

SCI FI- Was horrible! The service was terrible the food was bland and it took 45 minutes to be seated! The kids loved to get in a car and watch the big screen but other than that it was not a good experience. We will never go back!

Other than that you have already done the ones that I have and Ohana is our favorite too!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Coral Reef is Great
    Mama Melrose is great--a little loud, but works for loud kids:-)

Chef Mickeys we have had Breakfast and it is very good. Friends of ours have had dinner and liked it as well.

Post Thanks / Like

We'll be eating at seven of your nine ADR locations (all but 1900 Park Fare & Coral Reef) on our upcoming trip beginning Saturday. While Yak & Yeti will be new to us, all of the rest are family favorites. I'll post when I return just where they rate!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Yak and Yeti is one of our favorites back in Dec. We are going again in August and if I have my way, every trip after...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your thoughts. I'l be waiting to hear from your upcoming trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Yak & Yeti was delicious. When we went, last summer, nobody really knew about it and it was not crowded (we walked up and had no problem).

Sci-Fi is great atmosphere, but average food. The prices aren't too bad, so that's one we pay OOP for and use the extra TS for a signature dining, like Jiko.

Chf Mickey's dinner was fantastic. Our kids were 5,5 and 7 and they loved it. There was such a variety of food for my picky little eaters and the desert buffet was phenominal (sp?).

Coral Reef- we did that the same trip we did Chef Mickey's and the kids loved that too. I thought the food was very good, but DH was less pleased because it was signature dining then(he didn't think it worth 2 TS). Now it's 1 TS and he would like to go back, but we haven't. My DS and nephew went last summer, on their own (they were 11 and 13) and the waiter was startled, but we told them the correct tip via cellphone(we were at the Biergarten). Their bill was over $100, but we had the dining plan(the 2 boys had a challenge to see how they could get the most out of the dining plan that week).
    DVC since 2006 at OKW, HHI, AKV and BWV
    Upcoming: Aug 1-8, 2015 at BWV

Post Thanks / Like

I have only eaten at Mamma Melrose's but have done this 3 times and never had a bad experience. I suggest the calamari as a starter its always fresh and lovely or the artisan breads and dips (i could just eat the roasted garlic with a spoon)
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    Coral Reef - I ate here in May 2008 and everyone in our group really enjoyed it. The atmosphere is really cool, especially with the aquarium in the background! The food and service were both very good. Be sure to try the Chocolate Wave for dessert!
    DEFinitely get the Wave! Yum! Great atmosphere, and food was good. Enjoy Sci-Fi experience, food is pretty good. O'Hana's is pretty much our Number One. Agree with laprana on the potatoes--miss them, too!
    Park Fare is lots of fun; food is good, but not amazing. The characters from Cinderella interact well with all the tables, and are a hoot!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

Mama Melrose is mediocre but im picky about italian food, although I would eat there if someone in party wanted to
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member