Quantcast Spreading the magic? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

In addition to FP we will also give away our ADRs if we decide not to use them to someone in the park
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

On a trip a few years ago, I was next in line at a drink stand in the Magic Kingdom. There was a guy in front of us with his girl friend. He had gotten her a bottle of soda and she had started drinking it. When he went to pay, his credit card was rejected. When he opened his wallet, I could see it was empty. I just spoke up that their drink was on me and asked for two bottles of water - gently pushing them out of the way in the process. He thanked me and kind of gave me a weird look... I guess pushy but generous strangers are not the norm.

I wish I could have figured out a way to hand him a twenty. It was still early in the day, and I had no idea how they were going to buy food.

I like to think I did something nice (my daughter still talks about it), but really - it was only $2 and I was thirsty.

We've also given away free tickets to Six Flags on bring-a-friend free days. Those are always a nice surprise. People always assume we want something in return.
    Goofy Texan

August 2010 AS-Movies • June 2008 Pop Century • June 2006 AS-Movies
    May 2002 POR • May 2000 AS-Music • May 1998 AS Sports

Post Thanks / Like

WDW is much better when everyone realizes we're all in it together and if we help each other everybody has a better trip.

On the last trip, we had some helium balloons that we'd bought on Main Street from the balloon vendor. I gave them to some kids on the day that we left. They were really happy.

On another trip, we had just gotten FPs for test track, when somebody offered us FPs that were good immediately. They didn't want to use them. We used their FPs and when we got off the ride, we gave our FPs to someone who was walking up to the FP machine.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Back in 2002, we were walking toward the stroller rental area just as a family was returning theirs. They asked us if we could use a double stroller for the day - exactly what we needed! They saved us the cost of the day's rental. Very nice.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I will give away fastpasses. We have done it numerous times. Usually we are just ready to head back to the hotel so we kind of have fun looking through the crowd on the way out to find the right people.

Post Thanks / Like

During the YOMD celebration when you got those Super FP lanyards with multiple fast passes on them, we got some right before lunch, but we were leaving the park for the day so we would not be able to use them. And there was another family with us as well, so we had quite a few of them that were going to go to waste. So, on our way out (it was the Magic Kingdom), the father of the other family was looking for a family of four to bequeath his FP lanyards to, and a family with one DD, the parents and a grandma came in. So he headed towards them, and they saw him coming. (He's a really big guy.) They started speeding up to get past him, and the grandma even said, "Don't stop, just keep going!!!" He had to run them down, yelling, "Wait! Wait! I just want to give you fast passes!!!" and he had to chase them about 20 yards. When he finally caught them, they were so embarassed that they had avoided him, but were really grateful. It was hilarious.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

I always give people my seat on the bus. I like standing up! I know, call me crazy.

My family, too, gives away our fastpasses if we don't use them.

Post Thanks / Like

We give away FP's...but the one thing I remember most...is after the MNSSHP we waited over an hour for the bus back to Pop...as we finally got to the front of the line the bus was full and we were going to have to stand...so...we waited for the next bus...got on, and sat in the front seat...you know the ones, facing the aisle...the last two persons on that bus were little ole ladies about 80 yrs young...we looked at each other, and got up and gave our seats away...I really made us feel good, but we really missed having a hot tub at the hotel to soak in for our feet
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

On our most recent trip (6/08), we bought multiple tubes of glow necklaces. When buying them from places like Oriental Trading Company, you can get a tube of 50 or so for very little money.
    Our original plan was to throw a few in the backpack each day, and give them to kids for the parades or fireworks, or whenever we wanted to give a little magic.
    While this was a lot of fun, and brought us many smiles, we found something even more fun.
    On our last night at MK, during EMH (we were there til 2am), we handed a glow necklace to every castmember we encountered. Every single cast member we gave one to was THRILLED. It was a silly, cheap little gift, but our boys RAN to cast members, said something to the effect of '"thanks for giving us such a great night", and gave them a bracelet/necklace. For the rest of the night, we got big smiles and waves from all our new friends. The funniest thing was, the cast members wore them the rest of the night. We saw them EVERYWHERE.
    It is one of our happiest memories of that trip, watching our 12 and 14 year old "cool" teenage boys running around bringing a magical thank you to cast members
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

It was last Dec and we were spending the day at Epcot. The sun had just set, and I was in line for a frosty cold beverage . There was a group of college kids behind me that were obviously having a great time drinking their way around the world. I paid for my drink, and then told the CM that their round was on me. Ended up costing me about $100. Mind you I had just lost my job the day before we left for vacation, so we were trying to save every dime we could. Buying myself a drink was supposed to be my treat for the trip. I don't know why I did it, I have never done anything like that before. It just felt right, and good.
    '84 - offsite
    '98 - Contemporary
    '00 - offsite
    '03 - Contemporary
    '05 - Polynesian
    '06 - Contemporary
    '07 - Contemporary
    June '08 - Port Orleans Riverside (surprise Father's day gift)
    Dec '08 - Contemporary
    Aug-09 - CSR
    Dec '09 - BLT
    May '10 - Polynesian
    Feb '11 - CSR
    Nov '13 - CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laughin' place View Post
    On our most recent trip (6/08), we bought multiple tubes of glow necklaces. When buying them from places like Oriental Trading Company, you can get a tube of 50 or so for very little money.
    Our original plan was to throw a few in the backpack each day, and give them to kids for the parades or fireworks, or whenever we wanted to give a little magic.
    While this was a lot of fun, and brought us many smiles, we found something even more fun.
    On our last night at MK, during EMH (we were there til 2am), we handed a glow necklace to every castmember we encountered. Every single cast member we gave one to was THRILLED. It was a silly, cheap little gift, but our boys RAN to cast members, said something to the effect of '"thanks for giving us such a great night", and gave them a bracelet/necklace. For the rest of the night, we got big smiles and waves from all our new friends. The funniest thing was, the cast members wore them the rest of the night. We saw them EVERYWHERE.
    It is one of our happiest memories of that trip, watching our 12 and 14 year old "cool" teenage boys running around bringing a magical thank you to cast members
    Now THAT is cool. Hope you don't mind if we steal a page from your book and do this when we're there in October!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laughin' place View Post
    DW and I already purchased the glow necklaces before I read this post. We thought about it as away to let young ones to celebrate with us. Universal during our trip so we plan on giving it away to someone that can use it. We have also talked about doing some other things such as giving away Disney Dollars, Fast Passes etc...
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Post Thanks / Like

When we leave a park early in hot weather we usually have a set of fast passes that we give to someone on our way out.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

One thing we have done that is fun if you are diriving, is to pay for the car behind us when we pay for parking. That car then gets a nice surprise when they go to pay for parking. We've done this on road trips as well when we are paying for toll roads and bridges. All it takes is something small and unexpected like that to make someone's day.
    BTW... I really love the glow necklace idea. We may try that on our next trip!

Lisa
    Nov 2013 - Caribbean Beach
    Feb 2012 - Pop Century
    Aug 2010 - Yacht Club
    Nov 2008 - Pop Century
    2006 - Contemporary
    2000 - Offsite - Vistana
    1976 - Offsite
    1974 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

To be truly good at paying it forward you have to be paying attention to your surroundings. Like several people have mentioned if you are tunnel vision from ride to ride you miss out on the "experience, atmosphere" or whatever you want to call it. I've given some families with small children advice on what rides to do next while waiting in line on one ride.
    Usually the conversation will start by what are we doing next? And if the answer is one that might get them in trouble I'll offer suggestions. No I don't butt into their conversations but my older kids play a game in line to see who can make the most people smile. So they make faces at their younger kids to see if they can make them laugh. Good conversation starter.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

My son always gets a balloon at some point on Main Street.. if it is still in good shape at the end of our trip, we will give it to another child on our way out to catch Magical Express back to the airport!

Post Thanks / Like

I love this thread - especially as we seemed to be lucky enough to have some magic come our way last week!
    We got fastpasses for Everest after an exhausting, very hot day in Animal Kingdom where I thought I was not going to get on the ride. I was really greatful to the lady who came over to us and offered them and they made our day!
    We ended up taking loads of pictures of families for them and the good karma came back to us. Each time we offered or were asked, we were offered a picture together later. It seemed spreading the magic brings it back to you! I was very greatful to all those people who offered to take pictures of us this trip!
    Previous Trips
    1998 - Offsite
    1999 - Offsite
    2003 - Offsite
    2005 - All Star Movies
    2007 - Pop Century
    2008 - Pop Century
    June 2009 - Pop Century
    Next trip ... September 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

We definately do for others. It feels great! We usually have a few snack credits or a dining credit left and we give them away before we leave. Either to someone waiting in line or just ask a parent if their kid can have a treat and we get it for them! My girls love sharing their disney trip with other kids. We have also given and been given parking passes. I am sure this is frowned upon by disney but..... shhhhh! Usually when we check out we see another family coming in and pass them our AAA diamond parking pass! Every little bit you know!
    Waiting till November! Oh Mickey.... How we miss you so! *O*

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: