Quantcast Fantasyland Refurb: It's Official! - Page 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

That is why this is called News & Rumours. This is currently a rumour and is of interest to members.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a Fantasyland retheming sounds like a great idea. I love giving each princess their own area.

That said...

I'm wondering how long all of this would take, once it was confirmed and a date to begin was announced. This looks like the north side of MK would be filled with blue walls for quite a while. The Space Mountain refurb takes the better part of a year, as did the IASW refurb. This looks like, if Disney started today, it wouldn't be finished for years.

WDW- '71, '74, '83, '88, '89, '97, '98, '99, '00 (x2), '01, NYE '02/'03, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07 (x2), '08, '09 (x2)
    DCL (Magic)- '99
    DL Paris- '01
    DL/ DCA- '05

Magic Music Days- '88, '98, '00, '05, '07, '09
    Festival Disney- '05, '07, '09
    DVC Member Since 2000 (Vero, BC & Saratoga)

Post Thanks / Like

If this is true and it's beginning to look like it. I would think this should all be complete for the 40th. I am wondering if IASW will be closed during this. I can't see where they could keep it open during construction with everything around it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moe513 View Post
    Very interesting but Im surprised intercot would post something that was LEAKED and not official.
    The information is clearly noted as a rumour - and one that is getting significant coverage on the net. Much like the epcot makeover that never materialized - we covered that as well.

Sometimes, things are "leaked" on purpose as well - you've heard of trial baloons right?

Whether this was meant to get out or not, it's out there and it's being discussed - thus the story.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I am a girl, and have been completly obcessed with pirate and pirate like things my whole life. Pirates are gender neutral! Besides, in the movies, Elizabeth got to be King

I think these changes would take a lot longer than a few years. Sure it took a relatvily short time to build Disneyland, there were no guests while it was being built. They have to keep enough attractions operational while refurbing. Could you imagine for those who are not as informed as Intercot members, spending all that money to make their way to Disney World, maybe even for the first time ever and finding Fantasyland completly shut down, or only havgin 1 or 2 attractions open and those silly walls with signs "Pardon our Dust" all over?

I really think relocating the Toon Town stuff to DHS would be a great thing. Mickey is big among the toddler ages right now. I know that my 19 month old loves Donald Duck.

I do hope they keep something similar to Donald's boat around, the waterplay area is a great place to cool the kids down.
    șoș Lizzy șoș

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Breochaid View Post
    I must agree with previous posters, I have never been thrilled with Toon Town either. My DD LOVED Donald's Boat and I personally would hate to see Mickey and Minnie's houses go by the wayside, but the rest of the rumored plans sound fantastic to me!
    Same here. I will miss the houses, but I have tons of pictures. I can't wait to see all the new changes though.

Post Thanks / Like

I will miss Mickey's House, but really only Mickey and Minnie did meets in Toontown any more. Donlad has been moved over to Frontierland across from the Country Bear Jamboree, Goofy over to in front of Splash Mountain, Daisy and Pluto make appearences in Town Sguare on Main Street. I wish they would incorporate a special meeting place for Mickey and Minnie too, especially since as of right now the only character meal inside MK that has any of them is the Good Morning Gathering at Tony's and that is only for Grand Gatherings.

I think it is a little princess overload myself. I like the idea,. but there is so little dedicated to boys as it is, maybe the new sit down resteraunt will feature a heros meal with Peter Pan, Aladdin, Robin Hood, and Hercules. Doubtful but while we are speculating might as well dream.
    Never underestimate the power of pixie dust!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, wouldn't it be wonderful if they had a "Hero's" Character Dinner.

My little boy (4) says he doesn't want to go "see any more of those ol' princesses," but loves the heros (especially Peter Pan).

Other than Mickey and friends and Pooh and Friends, there is not a character meal for little boys, and there is a space between playhouse disney and pirates that could easily be filled with Woody, Buzz, Hercules, Quasi, Peter Pan and such.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds intriquing, but I have to say as the mom of 3 boys-what about the boys? Always princesses...
    Autism Awareness-Solve the Puzzle
    June 1989-Off Site
    May 2002-Off Site
    October 2006-All Star Movies
    March 2007-All Star Sports
    March 2008-Pop Century
    September 2008-Pop Century
    October 2009-All Star Movies
    February 2010-Dolphin

November 2010-Birthday & Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora's Mom View Post
    Oh, wouldn't it be wonderful if they had a "Hero's" Character Dinner.

My little boy (4) says he doesn't want to go "see any more of those ol' princesses," but loves the heros (especially Peter Pan).

Other than Mickey and friends and Pooh and Friends, there is not a character meal for little boys, and there is a space between playhouse disney and pirates that could easily be filled with Woody, Buzz, Hercules, Quasi, Peter Pan and such.
    I totally agree with this. And I will go a step further in saying that Disney goes out of its way to create things that are exclusively for girls, IE. Aurora's Tea Party and the BBB. But when it comes to something that could be more boy-centric, they make sure it caters to both sexes, IE. that new Pirate make-over thing.

It could be argued that the BBB has something for boys, but that is a token offering that I highly doubt is ever used.

Too many places in this world today do not have things exclusively for boys. Boys need things like that. Boys, when they are little, need a place where they can just be boys and enjoy boy things without the idea of girl's having to be included.

Post Thanks / Like

If this all plays out, it will be wonderful. Haven't gone over to Toon Town since our 2005 trip when our girls rode on the barnstormer. There is nothing really good over that way, and if you do a character meal, I don't see the need to stand and wait for them. I know not everyone has the money to do character dining. I am blessed!

Hope that this all comes to fruition! It will give us all good reasons to come back and spend!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    Too many places in this world today do not have things exclusively for boys. Boys need things like that. Boys, when they are little, need a place where they can just be boys and enjoy boy things without the idea of girl's having to be included.
    ITA. I find it sort of annoying that all "boy" things have to be inclusive to girls, but the same doesn't apply to "girl" things.

I'd like someplace where DS could go and just run wild with other boys, play with toy guns, sword fight, and roughhouse without any interference from cootie-ridden girls!
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden's Dad View Post

I think it is a little princess overload myself. I like the idea,. but there is so little dedicated to boys as it is, maybe the new sit down resteraunt will feature a heros meal with Peter Pan, Aladdin, Robin Hood, and Hercules. Doubtful but while we are speculating might as well dream.
    Buzz and Woody!

Can we please get a character meal with Buzz and Woody and maybe Jesse?

Pleeeeease?

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds pretty cool actually.

I would agree that it seems boys have been themed out of Fantasyland. And it would be nifty to have some "heroes" things going on like someone suggested.

I wonder if maybe the Fab 5 will eventually take up residence at DHS? That would make sense, to me at least.

Very cool stuff.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    ITA. I find it sort of annoying that all "boy" things have to be inclusive to girls, but the same doesn't apply to "girl" things.

I'd like someplace where DS could go and just run wild with other boys, play with toy guns, sword fight, and roughhouse without any interference from cootie-ridden girls!
    Not to go off on a tangent here but since I already have...

I remember being in Kindergarten and my friends and I would be playing with the "Big Blocks." We would build a "fort" and have our teacher make a sign that said, "No girls allowed." And it would be our place to play during our playtime.

I don't think that is allowed to be done today. Very sad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    I totally agree with this. And I will go a step further in saying that Disney goes out of its way to create things that are exclusively for girls, IE. Aurora's Tea Party and the BBB. But when it comes to something that could be more boy-centric, they make sure it caters to both sexes, IE. that new Pirate make-over thing.

It could be argued that the BBB has something for boys, but that is a token offering that I highly doubt is ever used.

Trust me, I may have the biggest princess in the world (and I enjoy all of the princess stuff myself). In no way am I complaining about the princess stuff--bring it on, it sounds wonderful and we'll love every minute of it. But let's not forget these little boys from 4-10. Parents will spend on them too!

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks cool. Although I wish the Mermaid attraction would be a DCA exclusive...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    ....I'd like someplace where DS could go and just run wild with other boys, play with toy guns, sword fight, and roughhouse without any interference from cootie-ridden girls!
    Dude, we need to have a beer. Men drinking beer while talking about Disney World. The concept boggles the mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

One word ... CARS!!!!

Why in the world is there not a Cars attraction in Magic Kingdom??

I've said this a million times ... it could cost more than a couple hundred grand to give the Tomorrowland Speedway a Cars overlay. It's a NO BRAINER!

I think Disney World discriminates against boys. I'm filing a lawsuit.
    Ian șOș

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    Dude, we need to have a beer. Men drinking beer while talking about Disney World. The concept boggles the mind.
    I'm in!

Ian șOș

Next trip:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: