Quantcast Urgent help needed: How long to book Disney wedding?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Urgent help needed: How long to book Disney wedding?

Figured someone on this board might be able to give me a rapid response ...

The BF and I were just talking and think we might want to get married at WDW when we're there from Sep 28-Oct 9. So ... that's about two-three weeks from now.

Does anyone know ... can you book a wedding with Disney on such short notice? I looked up and down the website and couldn't find anything to answer my question. I've contacted them, but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks!!!
    1978-1990, 2000, 2001: WDW - Off-property
    2004: WDW - Ft. Wilderness
    2005: WDW - Pop Century
    2006, 2007: DLR
    Oct 2008: WDW - Ft. Wilderness
    Oct 2009:WDW - Our Disney wedding at the WDW Swan & Dolphin
    July 2010: DLR - Off-property
    Oct 2010: DLR - Day trip

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh good luck and I really hope it works out for you. That is my biggest regret EVER! DO it!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkletoes77705 View Post
    Oh good luck and I really hope it works out for you. That is my biggest regret EVER! DO it!!!!!!!!!!
    Well ... it's looking like it might not be possible. On another board I saw that they need 21 days notice for an Intimate Wedding (and that info was from 2006), and that would put it on our very last day in FLA. And that's if I call and book today!

The BF and I have been together forever, and we just came upon the idea since the whole family will be on this Disney vacation with us, so they'd all be there.

Neither of us wants a big traditional wedding, so it seemed perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasia View Post
    Well ... it's looking like it might not be possible. On another board I saw that they need 21 days notice for an Intimate Wedding (and that info was from 2006), and that would put it on our very last day in FLA. And that's if I call and book today!

The BF and I have been together forever, and we just came upon the idea since the whole family will be on this Disney vacation with us, so they'd all be there.

A not as perfect but close to perfect might be to do one "yourself" by contacting WDW Dine and arranging a private room (say at Cali Grill or Jiko's off the top of my head) and arranging a private officiant to join your party to perform the ceremony.

I'm pretty sure that's allowed (albeit less formal perhaps than what you wanted but I'm not sure what scale of event you were thinking)
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasia View Post

If you called, I'm sure you now know the price... Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with above. I would try to arrange it myself! It might not be AS big...but wow...I wish I would have done that. I now want to renew vows on our 15th anniversary! Just 2 more years to go! Please let us know...I am pulling for ya. You could even do it on the beach at the Poly.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't help with any info, but wow! Congrats and good luck!
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! Hope it all works out for you!!
    April
    Up Next: April 19-26th 40th Birthday
    Past trips:
    Dec./Jan.2001/2002 OP (engaged @ Castle!)
    Oct. 03 YC (6mos pregnant)
    May. 05 BC (DD 1st trip)
    April/May 06 DL (1st trip
    Oct. 07 BWI (DD2 1st trip)
    Oct. 08 WL (Grand Gathering)
    Dec. 09 Timeshare
    2011, 2013 POFQ
    Mar/Apr 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the congrats and the well-wishes, everyone!

It is very exciting, but both BF and I are still figuring out if this is what we want to do. We're leaning toward it because, well, we both really want to be married, and because almost everyone we would possibly want to be at our wedding will be there, vacation in Disney with us.

But ... that leaves me with the challenge of planning a wedding from start to finish in two weeks!

Or we'll just chicken out...

Post Thanks / Like

How exciting!

If you decide to go forward with it, don't forget about the marriage license requirements.
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tick-Tock View Post
    How exciting!

If you decide to go forward with it, don't forget about the marriage license requirements.
    It looks as though, for Canadian residents, there are no requirements. Other than passports to prove you are who you say. (And $93.50.)

... And we're inching closer and closer to actually doing this. Would be letting my parents in on the secret tonight!

Post Thanks / Like

How exciting! Please keep us posted if you are able to pull this off. Good luck!
    Cast: ME39, DH36, DD 6, DS1
    Oct 04/Oct 05 - offsite at Westgate Vacation Villas
    May 06 - offsite at Westgate
    Aug/Sept 07 - first time on property - POFQ
    Oct 4 - Oct 13 2008 - Westgate Vacation Villas
    Oct 3 - Oct 10 2009 - off site timeshare
    May 1 - May 8 2010-Boardwalk Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations and good luck! I have no doubt that someone at Disney can make this happen for you. Please keep us posted!

Post Thanks / Like

What's the hurry? Why not plan a second trip down and take your time so its not so hectic?
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    What's the hurry? Why not plan a second trip down and take your time so its not so hectic?
    The only reason for the hurry is that most of our family will be going down with us ... and it will be the last time for at least a few years that everyone will be able to afford it. And, so, unless I want to wait another 3+ years to get married, if I want a Disney wedding it is now or never.

So, it appears that 30 days notice IS the minimum for Escape Weddings, but there are lots of places that will do weddings on this short notice. Some just off Disney property, others that are independent companies on Disney Property, like the Buena Vista Palace, Regal Sun, Swan/Dolphin, Fulton's Crab House, etc. And, of course, there is Celebration.

I have to be honest, we're losing steam on the idea a bit. I have absolutely no doubt that we'd be able to get it all organized, but there is the question of should we rush it. That is ... how much do we really want to be married in Florida? Or take the time to get properly engaged, and spend time enjoying planning the wedding. (Of course, giving me a timeline is always a good idea ... I can't imagine stressing over details for a year!!)

As one earlier poster mentioned, the idea of doing the ceremony at a Downtown Disney hotel, and then having the wedding dinner somewhere at a Disney resort sounded really appealing. When I look at people's photos from off-property, compared to those ON property ... well, it reminds me that Disney-run properties are really beautiful, beautiful things.

Seriously, any advice appreciated. I'm super torn right now.

Post Thanks / Like

When my hubby and I were thinking about how, when etc to get married, we looked into a Disney wedding. We already had a vacation planned and figured we would get married while we are there. The price for just the two of us was nuts...we were planning to elope anyway so we went to a justice of the peace on the morning we were leaving for our trip and then made the Disney vacation a honeymoon. When we got back from vacation everyone asked how the vacation was and we told them "we made it a honeymoon". Since your family is going to be at Disney with you to celebrate, why not consider a justice of the peace at home before you go then everyone can share in the celebrating at Disney.
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I know it must be really difficult to figure out what to do right now. I can imagine being in your position and I would be torn too!

I think what you need to do is sit down with your fiance and talk about what's important to you on your wedding day. How do you want it to go? Talk about how it would play out if you did it on this trip and if you're happy with that - go for it! If you want it to go a particular way and it just won't happen that way unless you wait, then wait. It's your wedding day, make sure it goes the way you want it to go. Rushing it is fine as long as you're happy with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't help with the WDW aspect of this... but, I got married in FL (and in a jiffy as well!) and you can get married in FL by a notary which is different than in a lot of states. My aunt was a notry in FL so we did it on St. Pete Beach and then honeymooned at WDW. It was super easy and perfect. I agree... if WDW can't do it, then book a room and find someone to marry you! A DIY WDW Wedding!
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I got married at the Swan/Dolphin in April 2008. It was incredible. Because they have a huge convention center there, they should be capable of handling a wedding on short notice. A great location, which we had, was outside the swan just to the right of the bridge that takes you to the Boardwalk. It was outdoors and easily sat 100. We then had an indoor/outdoor cocktail hour followed by a reception inside the Swan. They took care of everything. We did most of the other booking from my home computer....Photographer/Music/Flowers/. But they can handle that as well. There is a link on swandolphin.com that has a link for their weddings.
    PM me if you want to see some photos. We had the Swan/Dolphin/Boardwalk in all the photos.
    76-09 Passholders
    1995-Grad Night
    2005-CSR-2x, POR-2x
    2006-POR, Swan-3x
    2007-Swan-3x, Dolphin-2x, FW-2x
    2008-Swan-2x (married there!) Dolphin, AS-Music, CSR, CBR, Pop, Gaylord Palms
    2009-CBR, AKL Villas, Omni, SSR,Dolphin
    2010-POP-2x, CBR, FW, Dolphin
    Upcoming Jan 2011'POP

Post Thanks / Like

It is so hard to tell others anything. I am not one that "dreamed" of getting married. I did not "plan" what my dress would be...etc. My husband and I rented costumes and had a renissance (sp) wedding. It was awesome. I am not this traditional type of girl. I am more an emotional type...flower and white gowns dont make me happy...DISNEY WORLD does...hehehe. If I had gone there b4 I got married...my wedding would have been there. However if your the type of person that dreamed of how your wedding would be and all that stuff...you might wanna wait so it can be just what YOU want. Let us know what you decide. Good luck...either way...you will have a wonderful trip!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: