Quantcast Mad Men - Season 3 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I think there is TRIPLE meaning in some of the dialogue/scenes.

Congrats on the Emmy win for best drama. Now if they can just get some more viewers!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This season is really good! I loved last night's episode too. I couldn't believe the whole thing with the tractor... and we got to see more of Don comforting Sally. I think the problem with viewership is that it's really hard to jump in out of nowhere, and it can move a little slow. John Hamm and January Jones were supposed to be on a 60s episode of Oprah today- I didn't watch, but hopefully that will pull some more people in. Those two make an absolutely gorgeous couple...

I think what I love most is the whole Nostalgia factor- and I wasn't even alive then! The little touches they add to make everything authentic are incredible- like the Dr. Pepper machine in the last episode. How cool!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

The tractor thing was quite disturbing and unexpected, but that's what makes this such a great show! Wow - blood EVERYWHERE. Gosh, I sure hope they work Joan back into the office somehow. I love her character!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    The tractor thing was quite disturbing and unexpected, but that's what makes this such a great show! Wow - blood EVERYWHERE. Gosh, I sure hope they work Joan back into the office somehow. I love her character!
    Yes very unexpected. And that Betty Draper- she's sort of cold and removed with the kids. She's always just shooing them off or telling them to go watch tv.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    Yes very unexpected. And that Betty Draper- she's sort of cold and removed with the kids. She's always just shooing them off or telling them to go watch tv.
    When you see the first two seasons you'll learn more of the ins and outs of Betty. She has some issues.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    When you see the first two seasons you'll learn more of the ins and outs of Betty. She has some issues.
    I will definitely have to watch those now!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    ....or telling little Bobby to go bang his head against the wall when he said he was bored...LOL
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Such a different episode this week, but I loved it! Was there even a scene at the office? Wonder where they are going with Joan? And you've got to wonder how the Hilton family feels about this whole Conrad Hilton storyline.

And Don ugly? I THINK NOT! lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Such a different episode this week, but I loved it! Was there even a scene at the office? Wonder where they are going with Joan? And you've got to wonder how the Hilton family feels about this whole Conrad Hilton storyline.

And Don ugly? I THINK NOT! lol!
    I like it, too. I liked seeing Betty and Don out together without the kids. You could "see" that there is still real attraction there, and that she longs for the lifestyle that Don gets to lead every day while she is "trapped" with the kids. From episode 1 Pete has always creeped me out... He was actually starting to grow on me a bit this season but last night brought him straight back to square one creep zone.
    I too have been wondering about the Hilton's and the story line.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent show last night. The ending was PERFECT! I'm sad there are only two more episodes this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes great episode! I know, only 2 more. I am so hooked now.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like there have been a lot of loose ends though. Whatever happened to Peggy's roomie? Pete and Trudy? Is Hilton gone for good?
    I really liked seeing Betty confront Don and Don finally show some real human emotion.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

WHOA!!! I'm so glad they don't drag out storylines on this show. Can't wait for the finale!

And Roger loves Joan. Awwww.

Post Thanks / Like

It's like a new beginning. Loved the finale!

Post Thanks / Like

I loved it too! Boy did the season go fast!

Post Thanks / Like

I did like the finale. I think it was sad that Don and Betty are divorcing officially... but the love has been gone for a while. It's interesting, and I'm sure 100% planned, that Betty finale decided to get the divorce after the JFK assassination. Most historians credit that event with the "end of innocence" if you will. It's a major turning point in the change of social mores and what was and wasn't acceptable. Of course I didn't live through that, I only read about it and listen to my parents stories.

Anyway, I loved the whole idea of starting their own company. It was so funny to see them in that hotel room. I'm glad that Joan is back in the mix, and I'm glad Betty decided to join Don. I thought it was really interesting to see who they took with them. Can't wait until next season!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Anyway, I loved the whole idea of starting their own company. It was so funny to see them in that hotel room. I'm glad that Joan is back in the mix, and I'm glad Betty decided to join Don. I thought it was really interesting to see who they took with them. Can't wait until next season!
    I'm sure you mean Peggy here. Don's apology and pleas to her were terrific. I LOVE how they brought Joan back. Don's "hmm, Joan, good idea" was priceless. I too found who they chose to bring and not bring interesting. I hope they can work Sal into the new company.

I like January Jones and think she's done a phenomenal job with this role, but I hope Don and Betty are done for good. The whole domestic storylines this season got old for me, and I hope with the formation of the new company that things are more centered around the office in the future. That said, I hope the writers can find a way to keep Betty around in an interesting way without her and Don getting back together. I just think it's more realistic for them to remain apart.

Really...August '10?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure you mean Peggy here. Don's apology and pleas to her were terrific. I LOVE how they brought Joan back. Don's "hmm, Joan, good idea" was priceless. I too found who they chose to bring and not bring interesting. I hope they can work Sal into the new company.

I like January Jones and think she's done a phenomenal job with this role, but I hope Don and Betty are done for good. The whole domestic storylines this season got old for me, and I hope with the formation of the new company that things are more centered around the office in the future. That said, I hope the writers can find a way to keep Betty around in an interesting way without her and Don getting back together. I just think it's more realistic for them to remain apart.

Really...August '10?
    Yes I meant Peggy, whoops! And I definitely think they are done. I agree with preferring the office story lines to the home ones... and now Don can have all the affairs he wants without me hating him for being a married man! Do you think he'll go back to the school teacher?
    I also liked Sal, but remember he had the problem with the guy from Lucky Strike- the major client they are bringing with them. So we'll see.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes, Sal's issue was with the Lucky Strike guy.

I sure hope they don't bring the school teacher back. I didn't like her. Isn't it funny that Don's other women were usually so opposite in appearance from Betty? Dark hair, darker skin, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes, Sal's issue was with the Lucky Strike guy.

I sure hope they don't bring the school teacher back. I didn't like her. Isn't it funny that Don's other women were usually so opposite in appearance from Betty? Dark hair, darker skin, etc.
    Yeah, the school teacher makes me nervous. And I had noticed what you've noticed: the wife is the blonde Grace Kelly type, but all the illicit women are dark-haired and usually brown-eyed.

I don't know why Betty thinks being married to Henry is going to be any different than being married to Don.
    1992...off site
    1996...Dixie Landings
    1997...off site
    2000...Dixie Landings
    2002...Wilderness Lodge
    2004...POR
    2004...POFQ
    2005...15th anniversary!
    2007...October trip with the DD's!
    2008.. October trip! Woooohoooo!!
    2010...April trip! DD's are marching in the MK!

War Eagle!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: