Quantcast 11-15 to 11-20 at POFQ--day 6--back to reality

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 11-15 to 11-20 at POFQ--day 6--back to reality

Day 6 11/20--Back to Reality

I have no idea what I was thinking, but when I had to change our flight home due to an AirTran schedule change, I picked an 8:47 AM flight home...never realizing that we would need to leave the resort super-early. We were pretty much up & gone before the food court opened. Thank goodness for Chick-fil-a in the airport!

Prior to this morning, I just wanted to extend our trip one more day. But then I knew that one more day would be another day...and another...and another...lol! It was so bad that when I found out there was a Christmas party on 11/19, DH had to practically hold me back because I wanted to run to the ticket window & get tix. What stopped me was us needing to be up & ready to leave by 6:15 AM the next morning,

Just a few things:
    1. I swear that Disney is trying to encourage back-sleeping with the super-fluffy pillows they provide--us belly-sleepers can't handle those pillows! I might need to bring my own pillow next trip.
    2. This is a great time of year to go. The weather was great, crowds were great, the Disney holiday decorations prepped me for the holiday spirit (though I was irrationally annoyed when I got home & saw a few neighbors already have Christmas decorations up on their lawns).
    3. I think POFQ is my "home". That said, DH is really interested in checking out the Beach Club on our next trip.
    4. Um, no more early going home flights for me. It's nice to be back in my own home a little earlier than usual, but...meh. I have no problem hopping on a 7 AM flight going to Disney, but the 8:47 AM flight back home just killed me, lol.
    5. I love when you get a ferry boat CM that is knowledgeable in things other than Disney. Last night's captain told us all about the birds & other wild life that hangs out at Port Orleans.
    6. I didn't take as many pictures this trip. I don't know if it's because I took so many pictures previously or what, but it was just nice to be able to walk around & not feel like I had to take pictures.
    That's all I have for now. Thanks for reading, everyone. And for anyone gearing up for a trip to the World...enjoy!
    Michael Bluth: I need access to these files that are apparently for British eyes only.
    Rita: Well, lucky for you, my whole face is British.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Carolanne, you guys certainly had your share of magical moments - and great meals this trip!!!

Thanks for taking the time while you were at Disney (and at home) to share the magic with all of us!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

It's always hard to leave! I agree about the morning flights. We've had a couple of early morning flights and I do dislike them. I like to squeeze a little bit of Disney time out of my last day instead of running out the door to the airport at the crack of dawn!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR