Quantcast LOST - The Final Season (Premieres Feb. 2) - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

NEXT WEEK -- YOUR QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED.

Uh, so here's the deal. I am over it -- every week it's the same ads -- ALL QUESTIONS ANSWERED. I don't think I care any more.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, they need to shake up the theme to the preview ads--it is a bit stale.

I still find the show interesting, although I'm not wracking my brain to figure things out, just going with the flow. Claire's new persona is disturbing, to say the least. And Jack has a kid (I should have listened more closely to the voice on the answering machine to see if I could tell who is the mother).

With all the reruns out there right now, I'm just glad that there are a few shows out there that are airing new episodes.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

I officially do not care why they are on the Island!

I too am tired of the "questions will be answered" promos.

They have not answered one question yet.

I am done with it!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I am hopelessly sucked in. I will watch it to the bitter end, even if it ticks me off. LOL. I am fascinated by the twists and turns and hoping for a really good payoff
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there until the end. I don't understand giving up now if you've stuck around this long.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    I'll be there until the end. I don't understand giving up now if you've stuck around this long.
    Me too. I don't read 3/4 of a book and then skip the last couple chapters. I've got to see how it ends now, even if I happen to not be satisfied with the result.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, they have answered many questions... however those answers only lead to MORE questions. That is the modus operandi of L O S T and if you've hung in this long you should know that!! I've never taken the promos to mean that next week all questions will be answered. There are still plenty of episodes left, why would they answer all the questions with half a season to complete? I think it's just a general promo that they add different clips into each week, and it is meant to say that by the end of the season, all the questions will be answered, not the following week.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Actually, they have answered many questions... however those answers only lead to MORE questions. That is the modus operandi of L O S T and if you've hung in this long you should know that!! I've never taken the promos to mean that next week all questions will be answered. There are still plenty of episodes left, why would they answer all the questions with half a season to complete? I think it's just a general promo that they add different clips into each week, and it is meant to say that by the end of the season, all the questions will be answered, not the following week.
    Uh, I have been watching television for a while now -- so I am pretty up to date on how it works. I wasn't expecting every question to be answered -- but at some point they should start the answer part and not just keep up with the typical LOST M.O. ...

I have been waffling for a couple of seasons now, so odds are I will keep watching, I will just be angry about it.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    Uh, I have been watching television for a while now -- so I am pretty up to date on how it works. I wasn't expecting every question to be answered -- but at some point they should start the answer part and not just keep up with the typical LOST M.O. ...

I have been waffling for a couple of seasons now, so odds are I will keep watching, I will just be angry about it.
    It's all how you look at it. I decided after the premiere this season to try hard not to let the show get me angry. It's a very a-typical TV show and the mystery is what drives it. When you look across the seasons, the plot has been advanced very far and many question have been answered, but by the nature of the show, the big ones can't be answered or you have no show. I've invested what- 5 1/2 years now, and I've never missed an episode. I guess I'm just content to let the rest of the final season play out, and hope that all the questions will indeed be answered by the series finale.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

The people behind the show have already said that not every question will be answered, so be prepared for much consternation in this thread and around the internets later this year.

Does seem odd to watch the show up until the finish line is in reach and then abandon it, but to each his own.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJDad View Post
    The people behind the show have already said that not every question will be answered, so be prepared for much consternation in this thread and around the internets later this year.
    See, I don't know if I would want to have every question answered anyway. Part of the fun of the show has been the element of mystery and I think I would like to have it go out with some of that still there, teasing us....

That said, I do want to see a resolution to all the main character's storylines--mostly happy, I hope (yes, I'm a happily-ever-after kind of person). They become a part of your life for 5 years so you want to see them go off into the sunset in a good way.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJDad View Post

Does seem odd to watch the show up until the finish line is in reach and then abandon it, but to each his own.
    Do you have the context in which they said that? I'm just wondering which questions they are referring to. You would have to think that the major overarching questions would be answered but I know there are many people who have questions about things the average viewer has forgotten, minor incongruity in story lines etc. I don't care as much about that kind of thing. I'll be happy to get the answers to what is the island's purpose, why were these people chosen, and who exactly are Jacob and his counterpart (Smokie, fake Locke, whatever you want to call him) and what are they trying to accomplish.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Do you have the context in which they said that? I'm just wondering which questions they are referring to. You would have to think that the major overarching questions would be answered but I know there are many people who have questions about things the average viewer has forgotten, minor incongruity in story lines etc. I don't care as much about that kind of thing. I'll be happy to get the answers to what is the island's purpose, why were these people chosen, and who exactly are Jacob and his counterpart (Smokie, fake Locke, whatever you want to call him) and what are they trying to accomplish.
    I also want to know why Richard never ages and why babies can't be born on the island.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    I also want to know why Richard never ages and why babies can't be born on the island.
    I read where there is going to be a Richard-centric episode in the near future -- maybe that will clear some things up. Or, maybe that will make them even more jumbled.....
    Jen

Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Found some info on what questions may or may not be answered. I'm spoiler tagging it just in case someone doesn't want to know.

The answer is “yes” to the following: Will Richard and Ilana exchange some words soon? Will we see another painting by Bender? Do some of the characters’ last names have significance, particularly Jack’s? Is Jack married to someone we’ve met before? Was Jacob telling the truth when he said someone was coming to the island? Will we learn more about Hurley and Libby’s connection? Will we see Vincent and Charlie again? Will we learn if Desmond was really on the plane?

The answer is “no” to the following: Will we get a conclusion to the story of Ben’s love, Annie? Do the purple circles in Bender’s mural mean anything? Did Juliet’s ex-husband get killed by a smoke bus? Will there be a DVD release of the show in chronological order?

The answer is “maybe” to the following: Will the Hurley bird be explained? Will we see Walt again?
    The answer is “no comment” to the following: Will we learn why women can’t have babies on the island?
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    I will keep watching, I will just be angry about it.
    I've been like that since season 1! But, I know I'll stick it out until the end.

Post Thanks / Like

There's another story on the questions and answers in today's Washington Post.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised no one has commented yet, as I've seen so many Facebook comments and Tweets on how amazing this week's episode was.

I haven't had time to watch yet. Hopefully tomorrow morning!

Post Thanks / Like

Sayid is my favorite so I was happy to have a Sayid episode, and I thought it was very intense and exciting.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    I'm surprised no one has commented yet, as I've seen so many Facebook comments and Tweets on how amazing this week's episode was.

I haven't had time to watch yet. Hopefully tomorrow morning!
    I have yet to form a coherent thought about it in order to make a comment..... LOL
    Jen

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: