Quantcast Which Option is better?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Option is better?

We are going back in Sept with my SIL and BIL and 2 nephews for their first real visit. Staying at Boardwalk. Kids ages will all be: 8,7,6,and 4. This will be my kids' 6th trip.

Here's the quick rundown: we are getting the regular dining plan. We all met and agreed on specific ADR's but now I'm re-thinking that. We arrive late on Thurs night and leave early Tue morning. 5 nights of TS, but if we don't make ADRs for Thur night then:

Everyone (but me) wants:
    Chef Mickey's - dinner
    Garden Grill - dinner
    Hoop dee Doo - dinner
    Donald's Safari - breakfast

I have never been to HDD, so I dont know if it's really worth 2 TS. My instinct is to add in an extra breakfast and do it this way:

Donald's Safari - breakfast
    Crystal Palace - breakfast
    Chef Mickey's - dinner
    Garden Grill - dinner
    Whispering Canyon - dinner

Which means one day we will have a TS breakfast and a TS dinner. Which MAY be too much food for that day. We've done the plan before and it's a lot of food.

Any thoughts? I want them to have a wonderful magical trip and I don't know if HDD is worth the two credits vs. them missing out on Crystal Palace and Whispering Canyon.

Thoughts?????? I have a couple days before ADRS...
    Mother of 2
    DVC Member since 09/07
    ASM 09/07
    VB 01/08
    AKV Concierge 09/08
    AKV Studio Savannah View 12/08
    DCL - Wonder 10/09
    AKV Jambo House, Concierge 01/10

Future Trips:
    BWV 09/10
    Hawaii DVC in 2011! Woo Hoo!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For me HDD probably was not worth 2 TS.... but when I took my 2 girls(age 6 and 9) on their.... hmmm... 4th or 5th trip to disney.... it was the highlight of their trip!! They LOVED it... still talk about it.

One thing I never minded using 2 TS for something as my kids did not like to hardly stop to eat, let alone do a sit down meal every night.

So I guess it is about your thoughts.... is it a more balanced vacation(adults should get to do what they want to.... which that is fine) or are you a wash like me who does whatever makes the kids happy, makes me happy......

sounds like a great trip!!
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

I have been to Crystal Palace for breakfast and it's awesome! Great character interaction and very good food. Although we paid OOP for that breakfast, I would not hesitate to use a TS credit for it.

I have also eaten at Garden Grill for dinner. I have only eaten at Whispering Canyon for breakfast. Both restaurants were delicious, and I would not hesitate to use TS credits on those either.

I probably would hesitate to spend 2 TS credits on HDD. It's a great time w/good food, however I would probably pay OOP for that.
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

1363 miles from WDW - too far!! :-(

Post Thanks / Like

I think the HDDR is well worth the 2 TS credits. It's great fun and something I think you have to do at least once!

I wouldn't want to be tied down to a meal every day of my vacation. We prefer to have some flexibility to park hop or just grab a quick bite instead of being chained to our ADRs. So a night or day off may be a nice change of pace.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: