Quantcast Stroller question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stroller question

I've got a couple stroller options and wanted to get some advice.
    I have a 2 and 5 year old. Here are my stroller options:
    1. Sit n Stand
    2. 2 separate light weight strollers (DH and I will each push one).

The last time we went kids were 1 and 4. We used a side by side double unbrella stroller. At the time my 4 year old BARELY fit in it. We've since given it to a friend. But at the time it really worked out well.
    When when choosing an option I have to take into consideration many factors. I've got to think about the airport, getting on and off disney transportation, and of course getting around the parks.
    Based on those factors and my choices, which would you say I should go with?
    Thanks in advance!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

When mine were that age, we went with 2 separate lightweight ones. I even found a set of stroller connectors for @ $10 that snapped on and would connect the two so you could treat it like one. That way, DH & I could each take one or when necessary, separate but one adult was still able to push both strollers. This worked well for us.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

I would use the sit and stand. The only reason I say this is we also have two little ones and I know they like to walk alot. I honestly would rather push one empty stroller as opposed to two empty strollers. This also allows the other parent to hold hands ect... when getting on and off Disney transportation and walking through the parks.
    Next Visit: Fall 2013

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kathiep View Post
    When mine were that age, we went with 2 separate lightweight ones. I even found a set of stroller connectors for @ $10 that snapped on and would connect the two so you could treat it like one. That way, DH & I could each take one or when necessary, separate but one adult was still able to push both strollers. This worked well for us.
    We did this same thing. We only used the connectors twice so, I don't even think that it was necessary for us. The wheels got caught on each other when turning more than we needed the strollers together.

We didn't go with the double stroller or the sit and stand because of trying to get it on and off buses/boats. our lightweights were light and compact enough to throw it over our shoulder, grab a childs hand and board the bus... all the while there were poor parents struggling to fit on the bus with their double strollers.

And for "short" trips... to the pool, to a resort for dinner, etc, you have the option of only taking one for the 2 year old. Our children were almost the same exact age as yours are when we went last October. Our then 4 year old (only 2 months away from turnng 5) wanted to sit in the stroller more than the "self do it mommy" 2 year old.
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

I highly recommend 2 lightweight strollers...they r so easy to fold to get on the bus...it allowed us easy maneuvering in the parks, and if one of the kids were not in it..we put our backpack in it to give our back a break

Post Thanks / Like

Our kids are 6 & 3 now and we always rent a double stroller from an offsite source. It costs $80 for the week, the stroller is indestructible, easy to maneuver and folds easily for getting on/off buses.

We just walk/ carry through the airport, but you may still need one for the 2 year old?

Either way have a great trip!
    Poly - 1995
    Poly - Easter 2008
    ASMu - Dec. 2008
    FW Cabins - June 2009
    POP - Nov. 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I HIGHLY recommend renting a double stroller from an offsite agent. We were VERY impressed with Orlando Stroller Rental. They had the stroller waiting for us at our hotel. It fit everywhere comfortably. It was not cumbersome and it was very easy to steer. At the time, we had a 3 and 6 (!) year old. It was the best investment we made. It was a god send when leaving the parks. We brought our single stroller on with us for the airport, etc and then just left it in the room and used the double during the whole trip. As I said, it was the easiest thing to do and it was worth every penny (which was MUCH less than renting in the parks for the week!).
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '09 GF RPC-Short SURPRISE trip for kids
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

We'll absolutely need our own stroller(s) in the airport. Renting is not an option and also not in the budget. But I do appreciate the feedback.
    I've opted to go with 2 lightweight strollers. Both Maclaren. One we own and another we're borrowing from friends. Both fold up easily, recline, and are very light weight.
    Thanks again for the advice.

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a twin techno Maclaren that I use, and have used the past three years. This year I have no idea since my kids are 3.5 and 6.5, and the 6.5 year old will have a few moments where he will be exhusted and want to sit down and be pushed around or carried on my dh's shoulders I'm sure. My 3.5 year old dd hates being in her stroller...so I'm lost. I may use my BOB jogger that's a double instead this year, but my Maclaren double was the best to use by far!
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diznut View Post
    We'll absolutely need our own stroller(s) in the airport. Renting is not an option and also not in the budget. But I do appreciate the feedback.
    I've opted to go with 2 lightweight strollers. Both Maclaren. One we own and another we're borrowing from friends. Both fold up easily, recline, and are very light weight.
    Thanks again for the advice.
    Same here. We are bringing our own Maclaren and borrowing our friends for our 5 yr old and 9 mo old. I absolutely love my Maclaren. Of all my baby equipment, its the best investment (and most used). DS#1 is 48 inches and 55+lbs and can fit comfortably in it.
    If only everyone was as happy as Goofy is...
    89 - offsite
    90 - Disneyland
    93- offsite
    May 01 - POR
    May 06 - AKL
    February/March 07 - CS
    Nov/Dec 07 - Offsite
    Sept/Oct 08 - POFQ and DCL Wonder
    May 10 - WL
    Nov 12 - AoA
    Nov 14 - CBR

Next trip - January 2016- POR - My first 1/2 Marathon

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

We hit the zoo today here, and our twin techno porbably won't work this year My ds is way too tall for it, his feet rub against the tires/wheels so it's out for us this year. But it is the best stroller!
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

Id go with the sit and stand, however, we have a double jogger stroller that we take that fits our 5 yr old really well, still and he is a football player-to-be. We really like it because it still offers the option of him sleeping and we make the boys lay down and rest their heads while we shop and often ends up in a well needed nap in the heat of the day. I, personally, hate umbrella strollers, even nice ones. I dont think that they offer enough comfort for a disney trip. I think they are great for a quick trip into a store for a child who wont follow close enough but not for a long exhausting day at the parks and resorts. Id rather use more room and have comfort for the babies so I am happier, too.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD