Quantcast Where's my packet and DME questions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where's my packet and DME questions

This year I booked my trip to the World through AAA. Will I still get my packet and DME tags? I leave in 29 days and have been checking the mail everyday hoping its there.
    Also, we're using DM for the first time and I'm starting to get nervous anout it since I've never done it before. Any tips? Can someone explain step by step how it works?
    TIA!!!!
    Jennifer
    Princess Mallorie's Mommy

Many times as a little girl
    2001- off-site
    2006- Animal Kingdom Lodge (Honeymoon)
    2007- Pop Century (came back with the best souvenir !!!!!!)
    2008- Put on hold for new baby, born 10/02/08!
    2010-Coronado Springs Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You might want to check with your AAA agent for your packet. There is a good possibility that the documents will go to them rather than to you.

DME is a great offering....You will get yellow tags for your luggage - one per person, much like the airport tags, that you will put on your luggage. When you go to your home airport, you will check in your luggage and not see it again until it magically arrives in your resort room - generally within about 3 hours of your arrival.

When you arrive at MCO (Orlando International Airport,) you will need to go to the DME area, where you will be queued up for the bus going to your resort. Depending on how busy it is and which resort you are staying at, there may be multiple stops before you get to your resort, but the rule of thumb is that you will be at your resort within two hours of landing at MCO. (Personal experience has always been under an hour, but we go during off times - generally mid-to-late September, get the earliest flight in from our home airport and stay at Pop Century.)

For your return flight, depending on the airline you fly, you may be able to check your luggage at your resort and not see it until you return to your home airport. In any event, you will be given a time to be at your resort so that the DME bus can take you back to the airport for your return flight. You will receive this the day before you leave and the time will be approximately 3 hours prior to your flight time.

Enjoy your trip!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pop for such a fast ad detailed reply.
    We are staying at CSR and flying Southwest. We land in Orlando a 9:50 am so if all goes well were hoping to be in Animal Kingdom for lunchtime!!!
    Jennifer
    Princess Mallorie's Mommy

Many times as a little girl
    2001- off-site
    2006- Animal Kingdom Lodge (Honeymoon)
    2007- Pop Century (came back with the best souvenir !!!!!!)
    2008- Put on hold for new baby, born 10/02/08!
    2010-Coronado Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Disney outsources Magical Express and so there are some people that while registered for DME never receive their packets. I have used DME five times and this past trip last month is the only time where I have not received my packet. But not to worry! You still have some time left to receive your papers in the mail. I would suggest checking with AAA to confirm that you are registered with DME. If you are but don't receive anything in the mail you can still use DME. What I did was just checked my bag without the luggage tag and picked it up myself at baggage claim. Then I brought it with me to the bus and the bus driver stored it underneath and I picked it up when I got to my resort. Also you will need to check in at the DME counter at the airport to have your voucher printed out for you. It was very simple, all I had to do was give the cast member my name and show my ID. Then you are on your way!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: