Quantcast iPad

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPad

Post Thanks / Like

Default iPad

I'm so excited about this new product. I love Apple. We still compute on PCs but I hope to transition at some point.

I first learned on a Mac, but when my husband and I got ready to have our first computer in home, we were young and poor.

Just one of the things I love about Apple is that everything is integrated. Everything I have on my iPod touch will automatically load to the iPad, when I get one.

I'm sure there's much more to discuss but I'm only halfway through the presentation right now.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks really cool - too bad I just got a Sony e-reader. I wonder if you use the i-Pad as your only computer if you can hook it up to a printer???

They should've chosen a different name as it sounds like a "feminine" product.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

Funny my hubby asked if it had wings or not. I'm going to do a little digging, but since i'm still a PC person, I may have to have a PC and a tablet. We'll see. Right now it seems to be an ipod touch that you can't put in your pocket.
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty much exactly what it is, a big iTouch/iPhone. I'm a little dissapointed in it actually.

And for anyone keeping score, it's still exclusive to AT&T (I'll assume the 3G connected models).

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Very underwhelming if you ask me I really don't see much point to it. It really doesn't have too many great features and has 4:3 screen resoulution which is pointless in a HD world. To use an old TV sitcom term I think Apple really "Jumped the shark" with this one.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, it looks like a bigger Ipod, which is fine if that's what you want, but I have never seen what the big deal is about the touch screen part etc. of the ipod.
    I am not a Mac or ipod/itouch/iphone person. I don't hate them I just have always been a pc person. I think the software and touch screen are cool, but I have had a couple different handheld pc for years that have always had a touch screen and I have had an HP touchsmart desktop and a touchscreen laptop for a few years and I like them. Plus from what I read the iPad is not a full computer, where as my HP touchsmart is and looks to be about the same size.
    If you are an ipod or ipad person, great, it's just not for me.
    June, 1990 - MK, Epcot -Off Site Hotel - Sang on stage & Marched in parade at MK
    Feb. '05 - DL, DCA - Off Site Hotel
    Feb. '07 - All Parks, DT - AKL
    May '08 - All Parks, DT - AKL & POP - 4 day Disney Cruise
    Jan. '13 DL, DCA, DT -Off Site Hotel
    Nov. '13 All Parks, DT - POP & Swan

Post Thanks / Like

Loved Pee Wee Herman's spoof of the iPad. He ends up using it as a serving tray.
    SteveL

Post Thanks / Like

As an owner of an iPad, this thing is greatly exceeding my expectations. With the upcoming OS 4.0, it adds in the few features I actually miss, mainly multitasking.

Paired with a bluetooth keyboard, this device can really replace my laptop. Its snappy quick and the battery life is as advertised.

I don't worry so much about AT&T for 3G. I have a Sprint Overdrive so I have a 4G iPad where available
    Upcoming Trips
    Villas at Grand Californian - 11/2012

Recent Trips
    Old Key West - 12/2011
    Contemporary - 05/2011
    Beach Club Villas - 03/2011
    Villas at Grand Californian - 12/2010
    Hilton Head Island - 5/2010
    Boardwalk Villas - 9/09

DVC Member - Villas at Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping to get one for Mother's Day!
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Exactly.

Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vicster View Post
    I wonder if you use the i-Pad as your only computer if you can hook it up to a printer??
    I have an iPhone and can print stuff from my phone with a printer app. I have a wifi printer which makes it very easy.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

We just picked up our first iPad on Friday night. We got the 64G, and it's awesome. I really love that thing. We'll probably get another one down the road so we each have one, but for now we share.

NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Can you hook up the Ipad to your printer?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't own one, but it's very similar to the iPhone.

I don't beleive they can be hooked up directly, it's a driver issue mostly. Every printer needs a driver (or some driver) and the iPad doesn't work that way.

Now, for the iPhone, there are apps that allow you to print to a computer on your network that would in turn print to your printer. Kindof defeats one of the purposes of the iPad however when you have to have another computer on in the house. Maybe the airport solves that, not sure...

I too would like to know for sure, but it won't change my mind about getting one. More a person knowledge thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I dunno ... I have an iPhone and I love it, but I'm just not getting what I would use an iPad for.

How can people consider having it replace a PC when it doesn't actually do anything? You can't create spreadsheets or Word documents on it, you can't have fully functional email (in a managing attachments sense), etc. It's really more like a big iPhone.

I want to want one ... I really do ... I just can't see what niche it would fill for me. It would never replace the need to bring my laptop with me when I travel, so what's the point?
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have an app called Documents to Go on my iPhone that allows me to create/edit/view Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.

It works, but as far as usefulness, that remains to be seen. If I were able to print them out easier, it would be a much better solution.

It will sync with your desktop computer so that you can work on documents on the go.

And you nailed it, it's NOT a computer, it doesn't do all that much really. It's definitely not a laptop replacement... Nifty? Sure, but not $400+ nifty!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still AMAZED at all my 9 year old's I Pod Touch can do...

She sent me a text over the weekend with it (I was away on a shopping fun weekend with friends), and my husband and I had agreed that our girls weren't to get phones for at least another year, as I don't see the need for them to have it, so I call him prepared to do battle with him over it, and he tells me I just downloaded an app for her from I-tunes and she can send a few texts from her touch.

The Pad is just the latest and greatest and although I don't think it can do much more than the other products true apple junkies are excited.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    And you nailed it, it's NOT a computer, it doesn't do all that much really. It's definitely not a laptop replacement... Nifty? Sure, but not $400+ nifty!
    That was my thought exactly.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Nifty? Sure, but not $400+ nifty!
    I'm not even sure it qualifies as nifty if you get the $400 version.

The guys I work with here each got the 64gb version and, with very modest accessories, the price was actually closer to twice that much.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: