Quantcast Another baggage claim question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Another baggage claim question

We are only using the Magical Express from the resort to the airport. We are renting a car when we arrive and exploring for a few days.

I didn't receive luggage tages since I will not be usign the service. I did receive the souvinier tags. How does the luggage get sorted for Magical Epxress vs non-magic express? Do they send special luggage tags? I think I read somewhere that the "yellow" tags is what determines where the luggage goes.

I just don't want my luggage going with Magical Express.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're not using ME from airport to resort, you'll just go to baggage claims and pick them up yourself. When you put the yellow tags on them, that indicates that you will be using ME.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smeedell View Post
    We are only using the Magical Express from the resort to the airport. We are renting a car when we arrive and exploring for a few days.

I didn't receive luggage tages since I will not be usign the service. I did receive the souvinier tags. How does the luggage get sorted for Magical Epxress vs non-magic express? Do they send special luggage tags? I think I read somewhere that the "yellow" tags is what determines where the luggage goes.

I just don't want my luggage going with Magical Express.
    Disney's Magical Express luggage tags are pieces of sticky paper. They are long and thin bright yellow paper. The DME tags have all sorts of personalized information pre-printed on them, such as your reservation number, resort, lead name on your reservation, name of the guest, and a couple of barcodes.

These can't in any way be mistaken for the souvenir hard-plastic decorative luggage tags that everyone receives if they book a Disney resort package (as opposed to a room-only reservation). There is NO information pre-printed on those souvenir hard-plastic tags. There is ZERO chance that a bag with one of those decorative tags could possibly be mistaken for a DME tag ... there is NOTHING that is the same about them.

When the luggage is on the route between the airplane and baggage claim, employees remove all the DME-tagged bags from the luggage stream and set them aside. That is why the DME tags are bright and yellow, so luggage handlers can see them so easily. They don't just pull anything that looks like it might have a Disney anything on it, they only pull the DME-tagged bags. For the DME-tagged bags, they scan the barcodes on those tags to route the bags.

So as you can see, you have nothing to worry about!