Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - May 31-June 16, 2010

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - May 31-June 16, 2010

Each day in May, I'll update this first post with the forecast, both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. If you want to see the exact conditions for your travel dates over the last few years, go to our historic weather page in Info Central here. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Updated Monday pm, May 31, 2010
    Happy Memorial Day, everyone! I hope you'll take a moment to remember those who have paid the ultimate price for us to enjoy our freedoms.

Hot and humid are the words for the week, but tomorrow does start meteorological summer, so you shouldn't expect anything else. Today's high is 91 with some afternoon showers popping up. There's not going to be any change the rest of the week. It's going to be quite humid and hot. Highs will be around 90, give or take a couple of degrees depending on when the afternoon storms fire up, with lows 71-73 and a good chance of scattered afternoon thunderstorms. Thursday and Friday, especially, should have a good coverage of thunderstorms. No all day washout any of these days as these storms generally last an hour or less, but be prepared to duck inside when they do come over as the lightning is often pretty intense.

Long range...June 8-9 is more of the same. Highs around 90 with a chance of an afternoon thunderstorm. The GFS model, especially, is returning to the idea of an east coast trough on June 10, which would bring a good round of thunderstorms, but that's still voodooland so wait and see there. June 11-16 things return to normal. Highs will be around 90, lows in the low 70s, and a good chance of a brief thunderstorm in the afternoon.

Travel Impact
    At 2:30 pm CDT, Atlanta and Chicago are dealing with some minor delays from thunderstorms. For tomorrow, severe weather could cause problems over IL, WI, MN, SD, NE, IA, and northern MO.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here and here to learn a lot about turbulence. Those two articles should be very helpful in allowing you to understand turbulence and flight safety when it hits. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Chris,we'll be leaving for Orlando in a few hours and returning on the 10th.It looks pretty good!
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Wednesday's high will be 82-84 and then Thursday through Saturday will have highs 83-85 with lows 62-64. Scattered showers could pop up in the afternoons, but nothing organized or heavy.
    You're going with the cooler forecast - I hope so. NWS had 90's on these days. I hope the front is stronger and on the cooler side.
    Nov15-MVMCP; Mar12-Poly!; Dec11-MVMCP; Dec10-MVMCP; Oct10-CBR; May10-WL; Oct07-10k Race4Taste; Jul07; May07-5k Minnie; Jan07; Dec06-MVMCP; Oct06-ASM MNSSHP; Feb06-Poly!; Dec04; Nov02

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DadTriton View Post
    You're going with the cooler forecast - I hope so. NWS had 90's on these days. I hope the front is stronger and on the cooler side.
    I hope so, too. The GFS has been running too warm, so I'm looking at the whole spectrum of models and going with the best consensus I can come up with.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    I hope so, too. The GFS has been running too warm, so I'm looking at the whole spectrum of models and going with the best consensus I can come up with.
    Yes, the GFS was really warm last summer and spun up a lot of tropical systems that never happened. I wonder if it will be too aggressive again this year.
    Nov15-MVMCP; Mar12-Poly!; Dec11-MVMCP; Dec10-MVMCP; Oct10-CBR; May10-WL; Oct07-10k Race4Taste; Jul07; May07-5k Minnie; Jan07; Dec06-MVMCP; Oct06-ASM MNSSHP; Feb06-Poly!; Dec04; Nov02

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DadTriton View Post
    Yes, the GFS was really warm last summer and spun up a lot of tropical systems that never happened. I wonder if it will be too aggressive again this year.
    The GFS doesn't handle El Nino well, which is what happened last year and what has continued to happen all winter. The El Nino is forecast to begin to break down in June. If that happens i expect the GFS to go back to its normal reliability. Right now, for instance, the NAM is showing 87 for Monday while the GFS is 93. I'm guessing somewhere in between.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great info!
    1979 First time!
    Then 1988,1989,1991...
    2004 (1st time with kids!)
    2007 (1st time onsite - Pop Century!)
    2008 Disneyland (We loved it too!)
    2010 Sheraton Vistana Villages
    2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek (Epcot View!)
    Next up: May 2013 Gram, Mom and Daughter Trip!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated. Have a magical trip!
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Chris. We are leaving on Sat. for 8 days and are hoping it won't be oppressively hot. Have a great trip and looking forward to more reports!
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

It is very hot down here right now. Too hot. Nothing like this week 2 years ago with low 80's and low humidity. That week in 2008 was amazing.

All weather outlets we're looking at are saying highs at or near 90 for the rest of the week except for 86 on Wednesday. Oh, high of 92 today. Their forecasts have been pretty spot on so far, so I'm going with them. Sorry.

Doesn't look like May will have below normal temps at all this month. Not at the rate it's going!

We're having a blast, but won't lie. It would be much more enjoyable if it were 5-8 degrees cooler. I feel gross after a couple hours.

Hope you are having a great time, too!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    All weather outlets we're looking at are saying highs at or near 90 for the rest of the week except for 86 on Wednesday. Oh, high of 92 today. Their forecasts have been pretty spot on so far, so I'm going with them. Sorry.
    Feel free to follow whichever forecast you like. I do the best I can but no one is 100%.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

I am watching your update for our May 19-26 trip. Thanks Chris!

Have a great time!!!!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - May 12-28, 2010

Welcome back Chris. Some of my family is at WDW now and say it is absolutely beautiful. They packed just right based on your forecast.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMommie View Post
    Welcome back Chris. Some of my family is at WDW now and say it is absolutely beautiful. They packed just right based on your forecast.
    Thanks! I hope your family has a wonderful time!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I'm definitely liking that forecast for the 21st - 24th.
    My wife and I are taking our first trip ANYWHERE alone in 15 yrs.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubbyofadisneyholic View Post
    My wife and I are taking our first trip ANYWHERE alone in 15 yrs.
    In that situation I don't think I'd care too much what the forecast was. Just happy to be going. Hope you have a wonderful trip!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

thanks , chris
    my family will be driving down from pa. we will be leaving @ 12:01 early saturday morning the 22 nd. it looks like a pretty good forecast. i especially do not like high heat. we are really just hoping for a relaxing trip. thanks again
    1994 french quarter-port orleans
    2002 all star movies
    2003 all star movies
    2004 wilderness lodge
    2005 french quarter/disney wonder
    2007 polynesian ( cancelled )
    2008 wilderness lodge
    2010 polynesian
    2012 disney dream

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofyfan4466 View Post
    i especially do not like high heat. we are really just hoping for a relaxing trip. thanks again
    Hope you have a safe trip. It'll be hot and humid, but as of now it doesn't look unbearable. Hopefully the long range will stay true for you.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Chris! Hoping the showers are not going to be too bad during our week.
    Thanks again!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, so my trip Tuesday through Thursday of next weeks looks relatively safe? I hadn't even considered the possibility of inclement weather until I read your most recent update this afternoon! It doesn't seem too scary, does it?
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: