Quantcast This just in: The Magic Kingdom is boring

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Mk is our favorite park but my boys are 9, 7, and 5. I know when I was 19 and in college and was all about thrill rides MK was still my favorite park! Guess you just have to have that little bit of pixie dust in your blood. LOL
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Well, this is a very interesting thread. We have been taking our kids to Disney since they were in kindergarten (now they're in college). They LOVE the Magic Kingdom (as do we). My son is 20 and he still has to visit the Shootin' Arcade and Tom Sawyer's Island on every trip. My daughter is 18 and a trip without Splash Mountain is no trip at all. Maybe it's because they get to relive the magic they felt as young children. We have friends who took their kids on their first trip when they were in middle school. The kids HATED it and thought it was stupid. They thought Big Thunder Mountain was SO lame. I just ignore and remember all the fun we've had as a family over the years. My kids will always love the MK and this makes me very happy.
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it could happen at any age. There seem to be people who just get the magic and connect with Disney parks and then people who don't get it and do not understand. Those are the people who say "you're going to Disney World, again?" Or can't believe that adults would go without children. Or think they're just boating by mannequins instead of seeing a whole world of fun and adventure in the details. We're obviously the people who get it and don't understand the "MK is boring" mentality, but to each her own. I don't think it has to do with age or generation.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I think it could happen at any age. There seem to be people who just get the magic and connect with Disney parks and then people who don't get it and do not understand. Those are the people who say "you're going to Disney World, again?" Or can't believe that adults would go without children. Or think they're just boating by mannequins instead of seeing a whole world of fun and adventure in the details. We're obviously the people who get it and don't understand the "MK is boring" mentality, but to each her own. I don't think it has to do with age or generation.
    I agree..I went to WDW the first time as an adult and fell in love with it. We have been going back every year and never grow tired of it, there's always something new to experience. We like to sit back and pay attention to the details...those alone will amaze you. But then again, I have a very active imagination!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

My DD is 5, I know she will see the magic and love it. My DH has never been and he's the one I'm wondering about. I hope he sees the magic and sees how great the whole WDW Resort is.
    Off-site August 1986
    All Star Music May/June 1999
    Coronado Springs August 2012
    Animal Kingdom Lodge May 2017
    Port Orleans Riverside June 2022 (planned)

Post Thanks / Like

Different strokes for different folks. I have felt the magic of MK and all of WDW for that matter since I was 6 years old. The only thing I ever felt or thought was boring ever in all my years of visiting, was Epcot when I was a kid. Now, at 26 years old, Epcot is my favorite park. Its amazing how I learned to appreciate the park as I got older. MK has never been boring to me and I don't think it ever will. I love those slow moving rides.. you really get to take in the details of the ride. WDW won't please everyone, especially kids.
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Never tired of WDW..

I can empathize with the younger people that are "thrill seekers",and just don't get or appreciate what Disney is all about,but there are those of us"elders' that truly understand what all the hoopla is about. I am 56 years old ,have lived in Florida for 43 years. went to Disney the 1st year it opened,and cannot even estimate how many times I have been to the parks..a conservative guess would have to be co-lose to 100 times..i go to the parks 2 or 3 times a yearfor 2-3 days at a time.plus my wife and i try to attend either the Candlelight Processional or MVMCP each year..i am going over on July 1st and 2nd by myself just to be there..it is hard to describe the feeling of walking down Main Street,riding the monorail,or all the other "outdated rides',but you either get it or you don't... can remember as a child,the highlight of our weekend was on Sunday night watching Disney on NBC,along with Wild Kingdom...just one man's opinion..
    "Ive been to WDW more times in real life than I have posts on here!!!!"Not sure, but has to be over 100 times since 1971..absolutely my favorite place on Earth....

Post Thanks / Like

Ian and Bay Lake pretty much nailed it in my opinion. I also have to wonder if this was that family's first trip and how the kids were brought up. Our now 18 year old daughter watched Disney movies when she was younger, enjoyed family time and board games together as opposed to ipods, iphones, and other technological wonders. Her first trip was when she was 5, and she's never been bored at all with MK. In fact, she cries when leaving Main Street for the last time each trip.

We were just there, and all three of us absolutely can't wait to go back and ride all those "boring" rides again and walk down that "boring" Main Street and see that "boring" castle. Someone else mentioned Carrousel of Progress. We miss it so much when we're not there that we watch it on Youtube as a family! A lot of it has got to be with upbringing and how the parents feel about WDW and Disney in general.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    In fact, she cries when leaving Main Street for the last time each trip.
    I'm REALLY glad to see that I'm not the only 18 year old that cries when leaving MK and watches CoP on YouTube....
    '93, '94, '95, '97, '98 - Fort Wilderness
    '00 & '01 - Contemporary
    '02 - Old Key West
    '06 & '07 - Pop Century
    '09 - All-Star Music

'10 - All-Star Movies

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: