Quantcast Teppan Edo or Fulton's?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Teppan Edo or Fulton's?

Working on making one last dinner ressie for our Feb trip.

For our last night there, our last dinner i am wondering about Fulton's or TE. Here's the pros and cons to my dilemma...

Fultons: we were there DH and I about 10 years ago. Loved it. Want to take our kids but its very very expensive and have heard service is slow (not good with 4 kids!) and has gone down hill. Kids would love to eat on a boat though. They also would love the food, they would probably get a steak which is on the kids' menu.

Teppan Edo: Never been. Like the idea of being entertained by the cooks. Kids would think that is cool. But...have picky eaters, might not do well with the food. They might act differently seeing it prepared and I'd like them to expand their pallet...most of our ADR's are at places with average kid fare. Bonus, is we get the spend last night in Epcot!

So, opinions please! It will be me, DH, and our four kids ages 2.5, 5, 7, and 9. Have the dining plan but this last dinner will be OOP.

Thanks!
    Nicole

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have eaten at bot. My DD (10 now) she loves them both at Fultons she always is willing to try the fish special on the kids menu & has always enjoyed it. We find the service there to be pretty quick we have never had a problem @ Teppan Edu she loves the hibachi style of cooking and has enjoyed her meal there as well (always gets chicken). It all depends on your budget Teppan Edu is on the DDP & Fultons is not. We love both and would recommend both.
    Disneyland Christmas 2015
    Contemporary & Pop July 2011
    French Quarter June 2010
    WL June 2009
    CBR June 2008
    ASMovies July 2007
    POR June 2006
    FW May 1996
    Orange Lake Country Club May 1988
    Poly September 1986
    CR October 1972

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing really strange will be served at Teppan Edo. If you have kids who eat steak and/or chicken, they can have that, plain white rice is served, and the noodle/vegetables on the plate are zucchini, mushrooms, and onions. They will enjoy the table show, we ate their Saturday and the chef turned the onion "volcano" into a choo-choo train.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

We've never eaten at Fultons, but have at TE. We had a new chef, she didn't do any tricks other than the smoking onion ring stack and cooked everything so slow that we had eaten everything on our plate before the meat was done. We got more out of watching other chefs do their tricks at neighboring tables.

Just be warned, you aren't guaranteed the same performances you've heard postive things about.

We have a local chain that cooks hibatchi style, and TE isn't any different than those. So we won't go back to TE and eat here instead.

Are you limited to those two choices? There are a of other great restaurants that might fit your families time constraints and food variety.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

We have never eaten at Fulton's. We do love Teppan Edo. We've been twice with large groups and it is always a hit from the oldest to the youngest. What is hysterical is that we had the same chef both times. The first time we ate there he told us that he was going to San Francisco and then the second time he was shocked when we asked him about his trip. LOL Great food and we had great interaction with the chef.
    Jill
    09/02-Offsite
    02/04-CSR
    05/05-WL
    01/06-AKL, 05/07-BC, 09/07-CSR, 01/09-AKL, 10/09-CSR, 05/10-CSR
    11/11-WL
    09/12- POP me & my DD (15)
    11/13-WL
    11/14-BLT-Ainsley's 1st trip, 01/16-AoA/Disney Cruise, 09/16-WL
    09/16-Offsite
    12/17-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

My kids can be picky and they both loved Teppan Edo. They both ordered the chicken which they loved. They also enjoyed the noodles and rice. I think this was one of the only meals that I didn't have to nag someone to eat more.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

I have never eaten at Teppan Edo, but have been to other hibachi grills in my town. I am a very picky eater and still enjoyed everything. You are able to see everything that goes in, so there are no surprises, and I found that everything was generally big enough that if I did not like it I could pick it out. I am actually hoping to try TE during my next trip! So Teppan Edo gets my vote!
    Danielle
    All you need is a little faith, trust, and pixie dust.

Disney Trips
    May '93- CBR
    April '05- POR
    May '06- POR
    May '11- POR

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you can go wrong with Teppan Edo. The show keeps them entertained and you are eating here and there throughout the show. I think it is a better idea.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

In your particular situation, we'd definitely recommend Teppan Edo. I expect your kids will enjoy the experience - great food, great service, and a fun evening. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks once again for all the great insight.

Decided on Teppan Edo for our last night dinner. Sounds like it is a lot of fun. Since its on the DDP I am going to utilize a TS for this one and just pay OOP for a less expensive breakfast.

Fulton's still is appealing, but the price is what got me. This one would be so expensive OOP. I also am a little concerned about rumors of slow service. And with TE we are talking constant entertainment while waiting for our food, a major plus with 4 kids.

Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Teppan Edo!!
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back yesterday from our trip. It was our first time eating at Tepan Edo and my kids loved it. They thought it was quite neat to have the food cooked in front of you. They tell everyone about the volcano that was made out of the onions.

We ate at Fultons years back and were not impressed.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Teppan Edo, for all the reasons stated, plus you'll be at Epcot already, and you'll get to see Illuminations as a bonus.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hands Down...

Teppan Edo.... Our party fills the table. The kids love the food and wonderful chefs!!!! I highly recommend the cooked sushi!!! I will be getting that as my meal in about 20 days!!!! ahhhhhhhh!!!!
    4.19.02- Baked for the mouse
    2002-Baked at Epcot’s Food and Wine
    11.13.02- Took a Norwalk Virus Disney Cruise
    6.20.04-Married at WDW Wedding Pavilion/ Reception at Boardwalk
    Old Key West:My Home
    "But father...I'm indecent" C.O.P.

Post Thanks / Like

Great choice! We love Teppan Edo, and for kids it's perfect. Have a great time!
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ncrohrs View Post
    Decided on Teppan Edo for our last night dinner. Sounds like it is a lot of fun. Since its on the DDP I am going to utilize a TS for this one and just pay OOP for a less expensive breakfast.
    Took the words right out of my mouth! And I'm sure all will enjoy
    1993-Off-site
    1995/1996-Caribbean Beach
    1997-Dixie Landing
    1998-Caribbean Beach
    1999-Coronado Springs
    2000-Grosvenor
    2001-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003-Caribbean Beach
    2005-POP/Coronado Springs
    2006/2007-POP
    2008/2009-Riverside
    2010 - Beach Club
    2011 - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Teppan Edo! Although I have never eaten at Fultons...I think that if you do have picky eaters and they SEE the food being cooked they will be more willing to try it It's not unusual food either..it's white rice, chicken, steak....they will be fine
    And it's very entertaining!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

....Teppan Edo is a must on every one of our WDW vacations. We've also eaten at Fulton's....(good food....but pricey)....and if I had to pick between the two....Teppan Edo wins hands down. Try the tuna & avocado appetizer...it's great.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto, hands down TE. Fulton's is much like any other seafood place most of us have been to, except more expensive. Tokyo Dining can be pricey, but it's a truly neat experience. My DD is a true fan of all things Asian.
    MousekeFoodie Kevin
    2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge x 2
    2009 - Polynesian
    2008, 2006 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002 - Contemporary
    1997 - Swan
    1993 - Contemporary
    1985, 1982, 1976 - Off Property

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: