Quantcast So... this so-called "Jersey Week"...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default So... this so-called "Jersey Week"...

... is always in early November right? This year, does it start Monday November 1... or Monday November 8? Love seeing folks from NJ, hope to see a bunch this year!
    "Hey look... its the Incredibles parade!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Jersey week is Nov 1 - 5, it coincides with the NJ teacher convention. Crowds are not too bad, but we usually go the following week.

Post Thanks / Like

I've read that next year, the teacher's convention is on Nov 10 and 11, Thursday and Friday. Does that mean Jersey Week will be the that entire week? That sure would mess up my plans to go that month.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Its November 1-8...I'll be spending it down in WDW too!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes<3 (:

Post Thanks / Like

So will most be checking in the weekend before, Oct 29th 30th or 31st or will they be checking in Nov 1st???

Post Thanks / Like

Depends, personally, I'm not leaving until Tuesday but some do go for the full week.
    A dream is a wish your heart makes<3 (:

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We'll be there on the 30th, 31st and 1st.....however, we're not from Jersey.
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't sure what Jersey week was. I was guessing it was when people wore their favorite team or sports person jersey. Guess I was wrong on this one.

BTW - to Intercot.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom2000 View Post
    Wasn't sure what Jersey week was. I was guessing it was when people wore their favorite team or sports person jersey. Guess I was wrong on this one.

BTW - to Intercot.
    I can't repeat what I thought "Jersey Week" represented......When I thought about what it meant I could only think of "Jersey Shore" and "Sopranos."
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Never knew about this. Thats cool!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I've read that next year, the teacher's convention is on Nov 10 and 11, Thursday and Friday. Does that mean Jersey Week will be the that entire week? That sure would mess up my plans to go that month.
    Yep, Jersey week is the entire week. Since the kids get the Thursday and Friday off (and sometimes more days), many parents just pull them out for the whole week.

My boss has gone during Jersey week and said that it's a great week to go. Great weather and not really crowded. Only the really popular rides had any lines, and you just Fastpass them anyway.

All - Please don't think that Jersey Week will be a siege of 'Jersey Shore', 'Sopranos', ' Jerseylicious', or 'Real Housewives of NJ' types. While there may be some of those types there, most people who live in NJ are normal people, just like anywhere else.

I was planning to go during Jersey Week this year, because we were going to go see the space shuttle launch on Nov 1. However, now that probably won't happen due to a pregnancy complication. I was so excited about going to MNSSHP on Halloween and now I'm pretty bummed about not going. But oh, well. Now I'll have to wait a year.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
    All - Please don't think that Jersey Week will be a siege of 'Jersey Shore', 'Sopranos', ' Jerseylicious', or 'Real Housewives of NJ' types. While there may be some of those types there, most people who live in NJ are normal people, just like anywhere else.

Very well said!! Trust us, most of us are nothing like them.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
    Originally Posted by diz_girl

Very well said!! Trust us, most of us are nothing like them
    Ditto!

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the schools object to parents pulling their kids out for the entire week?

My grandchildren have been told by their teachers that it is not a good idea for them to be gone without an approved excuse. Family vacations are, unfortunately, not an approved excuse.

I personally wish the schools would go to year-round schedule and have three or four mini-breaks to accomodate non-traditional family vacations schedules.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Jersey Week is a good week to go.. its not crowded, you'll just find most people are from NJ that week. Schools are off since teachers are in conventions so its a good time for parents to take their famillies down and not have to worry about them missing days of school. We always went during Jersey Week when I was a kid.. now though we go the week after and its still a nice week to go too.
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It was a little more crowded when Jersey Week coincided with Super Soap Weekend.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJDad View Post
    It was a little more crowded when Jersey Week coincided with Super Soap Weekend.
    I agree but only to the extent that DHS was veryyy crowded when they coincided. I do miss Super Soap Weekend.
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

......Jersey Week is a GREAT week to go to WDW (pssst don't tell anyone!!)

....our first trip to WDW in 2004...took place the week before Easter Sunday...and it was PACKED!! (spring break time) It almost turned me off to the whole WDW experience. We went back that same year....Oct 30 thru the 1st week of November...and it was a great time!! Low crowds...low heat (80-85 as a high in the day...lows around 65 at night)...and all the great Jersey folk

....plus...the Food & Wine Festival was going on...so there were great days at Epcot. The wife likes the Super Soap weekend...and to be perfectly honest...when everyone was swarming the soap-stars...many of the attractions at DHS were almost empty.

....it wasn't an issue for our daughter to be missing two days of school that week (the two teacher convention days + election day) since she's a stellar student...but now...she just entered high school...where all the grades "count"...and she just couldn't miss this year.....so...we went to WDW 3 weeks ago.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

We went during Jersey Week (didn't know what it was then) in 2003 and the Magic Kingdom was PACKED. At about 1 p.m. one day we literally could not move down the walkway between Peter Pan and It's a Small World. We were really surprised because it was a slow time of year, but after we found out about it, we decided to avoid that week in the future.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    I wonder if the schools object to parents pulling their kids out for the entire week?

My grandchildren have been told by their teachers that it is not a good idea for them to be gone without an approved excuse. Family vacations are, unfortunately, not an approved excuse.

I personally wish the schools would go to year-round schedule and have three or four mini-breaks to accomodate non-traditional family vacations schedules.
    When our kids were small we did "jersey week" almost every year and we would run into at least 3 of their teachers sometime during the week.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: