Quantcast Haunted Mansion Holiday at WDW

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Haunted Mansion Holiday at WDW

Hi Everyone,
    I am curious as to why the Haunted Mansion Holiday attraction at DL has not made its way over to WDW?
    "We'll take care of the outside, the ghosts can take care of the inside."
    a quote from Walt Disney while creating the Haunted Mansion.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The official reason given by WDW is they don't want to change out the attraction because people who are coming for the first time or the once in a life time trip would be disappointed if it wasn't the original version. Disneyland tends to get more makeovers for the Holidays since it is more of a local park than a tourist destination like WDW.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

plus I like the fact that eveything isn't duplicated at both parks. If thingsbecome too cookie cutter it will make going to DL less fun
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    The official reason given by WDW is they don't want to change out the attraction because people who are coming for the first time or the once in a life time trip would be disappointed if it wasn't the original version.
    That is the exact reason we cancelled a trip to DL several years ago. We were booked in the Grand Californian and getting prepared for the trip when we saw that they had changed the HM. I have no love for Jack Skellington or any of that nonsense. I was really looking forward to seeing the "other" HM until we saw the change was being made.
    Sorry if folks think that's silly but it was one very special attraction we were really looking forward to seeing. And don't tell me NBC is a great movie because no, it's not.
    We're almost complete...
    Disney Magic
    Polynesian
    Coronado Springs
    Caribbean Beach
    Port Orleans
    Yacht Club
    Beach Club
    Wilderness Lodge
    Grand Floridian
    Contemporary
    Dixie Landings
    Animal Kingdom
    Boardwalk
    AS Sports/Music/Movies
    Pop Century
    Disney Institute
    Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    The official reason given by WDW is they don't want to change out the attraction because people who are coming for the first time or the once in a life time trip would be disappointed if it wasn't the original version. Disneyland tends to get more makeovers for the Holidays since it is more of a local park than a tourist destination like WDW.
    This is exactly right. DL does the IASW and HM makeovers b/c they rely a great deal more on local visitors versus first time or infrequent visitors, which WDW gets more. As far as guest satisfaction goes, folks who have never done or very infrequently get to do attractions like HM want to see the "classic" version versus and madeover holiday version. I've done the christmas version at DL and it is REALLY cool, but I can definitely see WDW's reasoning.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

One of the many reasons I'll be traveling to California next month instead of Florida.

Love the holidays at Disneyland.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Disney's assessment of that. WDW is a vacation destination while DL is a "locals" park. Disney may be wanting to try to make DL a vacation destination but still most of the people there are locals.

They have seen the rides in their original forms many times so changing it gives the locals another reason to go.

To change it in WDW would people coming for maybe their first and only time would not get to see the ride as it was intended. WDW will never change a ride for a Holiday.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen the holiday change over at DL, and I can't say I like it all that much. I prefer seeing the original myself. I hope WDW never brings that over. Of course, I'm assuming I'll be able to go back during the holidays.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. For me though, it is inverted. We go to Disney World every year. A week ago, I was on a business trip and got to go to DL for a few hours for the first time since I was 5 (well over 30 years ago). My main purpose was to get on POC, as this is my all time favorite ride and I remember the DL version being longer and better. I was extremely disappointed to find out that POC was closed (my typical luck). I then went on HM, and although I am glad I got to see the holiday makeover, I would have liked to see the standard ride better.

But to me, DL does have a much different feel. I still had a great time, but it has more of a day-trip local feel, whereas DW is relly a whole world by itself. I am not saying that one is better. I actually think the overall quality is the same and, to be honest, DL has more than the MK and several of 'same' rides are probably better at DL. But, the atmosphere was different. I can see why they would not do the makeovers at MK. I do not feel as if it is needed.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Carol. Much prefer DL during the holidays and think the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay is absolutely incredible. Also, the Small World overway is equally as stunning.

Love, Love, Love them. And this is from a guy who appreciates classic attractions.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

By the way - perfect time for a PLUG.

During the latest INTERCOT Insider Podcast - we talked about holidays at Disneyland and Walt Disney World.

Please check it out. Link is on the homepage for Episode 4.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

No disrepect to DL.. No.No.No. Why ruin a good thing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I'm with Carol. Much prefer DL during the holidays and think the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay is absolutely incredible. Also, the Small World overway is equally as stunning.

Love, Love, Love them. And this is from a guy who appreciates classic attractions.
    I agree it was cool, but not having been there for 30+ years, I would have preferred the classic version. If I could visit DL frequently, I would probably agree with you. Again, I can see why DL would do this and DW would not.

-Dan

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: