Quantcast Best Balconies?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Best Balconies?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Animal Kingdom Lodge would be my pick
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I will hop over to AKL when I arrive and ask to see a room. I plan on visiting a few resorts on my first day.

As for renting points; That isn't a good option for me. Mom has to have a roll-in shower and we need 2 beds. If I rented points and when I arrived the room was wrong then I would not be able to correct the situation, because Disney would not talk to me about it since I wasn't the owner. But thanks anyway.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

We love the balcony at AKL and enjoy watching the animals. Another option, though, is a balcony at the Contemporary overlooking Bay Lake. We loved people watching with the boats and pools, and even fishing and parasailing. We could see the fireworks at Epcot, Electric Water Parade, and even the hot air balloon from Downtown Disney. My kids sat on the balcony whenever we were in the room, to watch what was going on. Good Luck with your decision.

Post Thanks / Like

After talking with mom. She brought up a good point. She still amazes me with her ability to have amazing clarity at times. She said, "If I stay at the Animal Kingdom, what will I look at at night?" She likes to sit out on the balcony in the evenings more than the daytime. Any thoughts on this?
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13

Post Thanks / Like

BWI is great for both day and night views. During the day, lots of people watching on the Boardwalk below and in the evenings, beautiful lights from all around and possibly even a partial Illuminations view. I don't know what your budget is, but if you are resort touring, I would ask to see a deluxe room overlooking the Boardwalk.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Another possibility is the Polynesian. We stayed in a building overlooking the quiet pool. It's also an area where there are a number of paths and people are often coming and going.

While the viewing of the Savannah was far more sedate in the evening, there were often a few animals on the savannah - even overnight.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tammi,
    I love the Epcot resorts. As far as budget goes; I am living off savings, so I do have to try to make the money last. I was looking into the deluxe rooms at BWI. They sounded nice. Since mom couldn't handle more than 3 days it is much cheaper and I can look at resorts I normally wouldn't consider for a longer stay. Do any of the deluxe rooms at BWI have a roll-in shower and two regular beds?
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Faline,
    I was going to do a room search there when I go next month. She loves kids and I was thinking a pool view at the Poly would be right up her alley. She went to the luau at the Poly with her late husband and liked the resort. I was also going to see the WL since we lived in Northern Cali and Washington State when I was a child that the WL might be a familiar place to her too.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: