Quantcast Survivor: Nicaragua - Page 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Speaking of editing ... did anyone besides me find it incredibly weird that they showed the five who didn't win reward stressing over the burned down camp, but they never ever showed the rest of the crew reacting to it??

I'm sitting there going, "Oh man, this will be interesting when they other five come back! Will they wonder if the five back at camp burned it on purpose?? Will there be a fight? Accusations getting slung around??"

And then ... nothing??!?!!? That was weird, man. BAD storytelling, if you ask me.

But anyway, very glad to see Brenda gone. She and Sash were annoying me with their egos and it was nice to see them get knocked down a peg. Wish it had been anyone other than Na()Onka to do it, but hey ... I'll take it.

At this point, I find myself pulling for Fabio the hardest. I also like Benry (athough his name still annoys me) a bit. Find it sort of funny, though, that Rich New York Guy With Bad Knees and the Ferrari (who's name escapes me at the moment) is still in the game. He and Purple Kelly are flying so far under the radar its ridiculous. If they keep this up the jury might forget all about them!

Looks like next week maybe NaOnka's antics finally catch up with her. At this point, her going home is about the only thing that really interests me.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Speaking of editing ... did anyone besides me find it incredibly weird that they showed the five who didn't win reward stressing over the burned down camp, but they never ever showed the rest of the crew reacting to it??
    Yep, I thought that was weird, too! The other tribe members had to have some sort of reaction to it, and I was also expecting some accusations of sabotage. It was really strange the way the fire was shown as a big ordeal and then dropped, not mentioned at all again.

Good riddance, Brenda! I was glad to see her go. Her power trip and swelling ego were getting really annoying to watch. I loved at tribal council how she said she was above scrambling and also when Jeff asked if anyone had an idol, she was looking at Sash as if she was expecting him to just hand her his idol. He looked really uncomfortable, but man, I was so glad he didn't give in and give it to her! And her explanation of talking to and working on the people who she already had in her corner - Chase and Sash - made no sense to me at all! Why would you press people who you are already pretty sure will give you their vote? Guess she should have done some more scrambling!

Purple Kelly is kind of a nonentity in the game at this point. Besides her words of "wisdom" at Tribal Council, the only thing they showed her talking about last night was the fact that she doesn't talk much.

And where did Holly come from with so much strategizing?? I had her pegged as a nut job who was just filling space this season, but maybe I was wrong!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

You will notice they gave credit to Na for orchestrating getting rid of Brenda but it was actually Holly that came up with it and told Na about it. I was so shocked when she jerked Fabio to the side at the reward to tell him about it. (1) Thought they were enemies (2) It was so obvious. Why didn't she just talk to him in front of the others. I, too, was surprised they didn't show more about the burned camp. Jeff didn't even say anything about it at TC. I kept saying when they were moving the trunks around the fire that that was the stupidest thing they could do. Duh! Wood burns!

I was surprised when Sash didn't give the idol to Brenda but then when they showed that he and Chase actually voted for her, I understood. So much for your alliance, Brenda! I didn't care which one went home, NaOnka or Brenda, as long as one of them went. Dan is going to skate right up to the final 3 or 4 if they don't get him out soon.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    I kept saying when they were moving the trunks around the fire that that was the stupidest thing they could do. Duh! Wood burns!
    Same here--what a dumb move!

So glad that Brenda is gone and we won't have to see her snarky smile except at tribal council. I think the non-immunity idol holding members now need to start flushing the immunity idols out of Sash and NaOnka or the final three will totally be up for grabs. At this point I do think the focus should be getting rid of Sash. The thing is that there would really have to be a concentrated effort with the group--the majority would have to vote for Sash, but there would have to be a couple that voted for another person they would want out, or Sash's lone vote would be the deciding factor. Assuming that Sash uses his immunity idol, he would be back at the next tribal council, but then they could nail him. Of course, all this would involve blindsiding of some sort.

I'm obviously thinking about all this too much, lol!

Anyway, I was impressed with Jane and even Holly last night. As far as Purple Kelly, I really hope she doesn't make it to the end and win it. Saying and doing absolutely nothing to make waves is a form of strategy, I guess, but it doesn't make her worthy in my eyes. Even Dan has made more subtle manuevers than she has and would be better in the final three than Kelly.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I was proud of Jane and I thought Jeff was cool encouraging her not to give up. I really can't believe she beat the guys.

Yeah...I think Dan at this point can skate right to the top. I'd really hate to see that because I honestly don't believe he oughta be there. He has performed sooooo poorly...SANDRA could have beaten him. I was betting he was going to be the one to screw up his team in the barrel challenge but they were ALL incompetant.

And uhhh...DUHHH...who would have thunk that wood next to a fire (actually covering the fire) would actually catch fire.... Well at least it didn't get WET!!!
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Kelly has proven that she is as uneventful as editing shows us, I think.
    Wow, what a dud. Jeff even gives her a chance to speak some 'wisdom' at Tribal Council and she's "uh, yeah, well, uh". Loved the look on Marty and Alina's faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Smiles View Post
    Speaking of editing, the editing of last nights show was terrible.
    Anyone notice how everyone voted? They all voted for Brenda, except Brenda for NaOnka and Kelly for Benry. So I assume they left out all the talk of Sash and Chase deciding to not use the idol and Brenda realizing she had no chance? Weird.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Anyone notice how everyone voted? They all voted for Brenda, except Brenda for NaOnka and Kelly for Benry. So I assume they left out all the talk of Sash and Chase deciding to not use the idol and Brenda realizing she had no chance? Weird.
    It was weird. It was a badly edited show, as you all have said, or they had too much to show us with the elimination of Brenda at hand that they didn't get it all in. I think NaOnka and Benry (his real name is Ben Henry, so I don't know why not just go with Ben) might have put themselves in that questionable alliance spot now. Especially Na, who has been all kinds of crazy anyway. People can handle crazy if they think you're reliable, but she has proven to be a wild card and it's not good for her game.

Holly thought of getting rid of Brenda first, and she managed to skate by without notice thanks to NaOnka. Dan could make it to the end, yes, but I don't believe Kelly will. At least we saw some of Dan early on. Kelly's edit makes me think she is an easy future vote without much fanfare. I would be surprised if she goes much further, but yet why get rid of her when you have bigger targets at hand? Next week should be interesting in seeing how alliances reshape from here to the end. I'm still all for Jud to win. Just sit back, play dumb, and let the crazy unfold around you. Not normally a strategy I admire, but it could be just the ticket with this bunch. Jane looks like a real physical threat now, too, who knew?
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I was out of town this week and missed Survivor, but I was happy when I was told about Brenda getting kicked off. What a moment that must have been when she discovered her minions were giving her the boot.

Would love to be a fly on the wall and witness her "homecoming" with the rest of the jury. Especially Marty.......

Still rooting for Fabio.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Yesso glad she was voted off...next it'll be chase if sash plays his idol,then again either one can win individual immunityhave to wait and see in 2wks...never watch the highlights show
    Dec 2010~Pop Century
    May 2008~Coronado Springs
    Sep 2005~Port Orleans(fq)
    Oct 2003~LBV
    April 2001~Allstar Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Chalk me up as yet another one thrilled to see Brenda go. Her smug, "I'm smarter than you act" was getting old. She was self absorbed all the way to the bitter end. When she said how much smarter she was than anyone else, and how she boasted about running the game it made me sick. Sash at least knows when to shut up, at least on camera. Hope he's gone soon.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    I was out of town this week and missed Survivor, but I was happy when I was told about Brenda getting kicked off. What a moment that must have been when she discovered her minions were giving her the boot.

Would love to be a fly on the wall and witness her "homecoming" with the rest of the jury. Especially Marty.......

Still rooting for Fabio.
    CBS has a Survivor website with footage of the jury as they are dismissed and sent to their new camp, called Ponderosa. It's always amusing. Alina was a little annoying when she was on her own, but now I like her. She can't stand Brenda or Marty and Brenda and Marty are a little nauseating as a mutual admiration society. They can't stop talking about how brilliant they were in the game and how none of the "smart" people are left. Oh really? You're not in it anymore! LOL.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Well, how lame was that.

My biggest gripe is that NaOnka and Purple Kelly should not have been allowed to be a part of the jury. If they quit the game, they should forfeit any involvement in the outcome.

At this point, any of the people left deserve to win, IMO.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    My biggest gripe is that NaOnka and Purple Kelly should not have been allowed to be a part of the jury. If they quit the game, they should forfeit any involvement in the outcome.
    This was my thought exactly. What a selfish, self-centered person NaOnka has proved herself to be-over and over again.

Post Thanks / Like

I know it really makes Jeff mad when people quit, so I was loving his reaction to them when "smuffing" out their torches.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, how lame was that.

Those are the exact words spoken by my family as we watched last night's episode.

Giving up is not what this game is all about, and we all shared Jeff's disgust with the two women.

Although Holly did the noble thing by staying behind and earning a new tarp and rice, I just wish she would shut up. Lecturing Purple Kelly about sticking it out was not what I wanted to hear. It reinforces that old vs. young sterotype where all oldsters can do is talk about how tough life is, etc., etc.

Still rooting for Fabio.....
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

That's what DW and I said last night. They should take the two people voted out before the first jury member and substitute them in instead of NaOnka and Purple Kelly.

I know it really makes Jeff mad when people quit, so I was loving his reaction to them when "smuffing" out their torches.
    Yeah, it makes me mad, too. So many people would love to have the chance to make it on that show and compete that for someone whose been fortunate enough to actually make it to just walk away ... that really rubs me the wrong way.

Let me say this, too ... If NaOnka was my kid's teacher I would absolutely refuse to allow that to continue after seeing her on this show. She is an absolutely repugnant, selfish, repulsive, ignorant human being who has no business being around children.

Of all the Survivors in the past that I've disliked, none have ever reached the level of digust that I have for NaOnka. With guys like Richard Hatch and Johnny Fairplay, I felt like it was more of a show ... an act they put on just to get their 15 minutes of fame. But NaOnka ... this is who she is. She actually thinks it's okay to be the way she is just by saying, "This is me! This is who I am!"

Someone needs to take her by the shoulders and explain to her that being a bad human being is never okay, regardless of whether or not "that's who you are." I think it's fair to say that, even though I don't know her, I pretty much hate her.

Of the rest ... I'm pulling for Benry and Fabio. I really can't stand Jane. Her entire demeanor and apppearance just drive me nuts. Blech.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I read this thread every week to see what people have to say but I don't usually post anything. But last night was just crazy! There are only 11 days left. And going by past seasons, there should always be a reward challenge that is usually pretty good and involves food. Early on the rewards don't always give food. Seems like the longer it goes, the better the reward. SO they would have chances for food, maybe even a shower!

And two people quitting in one season! That is just crazy! I also agree with everyone else that they shouldn't be on the jury. I have watched every season so far, but I'm just not liking this one too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    Although Holly did the noble thing by staying behind and earning a new tarp and rice, I just wish she would shut up. Still rooting for Fabio.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    That's what DW and I said last night. They should take the two people voted out before the first jury member and substitute them in instead of NaOnka and Purple Kelly. Let me say this, too ... If NaOnka was my kid's teacher I would absolutely refuse to allow that to continue after seeing her on this show. Of all the Survivors in the past that I've disliked, none have ever reached the level of digust that I have for NaOnka.
    I agree with all of the above. What a disappointing show, and I'm also disappointed that CBS aired promos that told us exactly what was going to happen and even showed us Kelly as one of the quitters. Makes me further question the editing this season. But oh well.

Yes, so disappointed with the quitters. 11 days-- stick it out! Loved Jeff questioning that NaOnka even thought she had a chance at winning by now. Holly has a little more game in her than I thought, which is good, but yes, stop talking. No one needs a camp mom. They're all grown-ups out there regardless of age difference or behavior.

No way would I want NaOnka around my kids, totally agree with you Ian. She's the worst one ever to go on the show, I think. They can't really substitute people who left before jury, though, because they have missed parts of the game that would affect their voting. The jury gets to sit in on those TCs or be part of the game. The others are long out of it. But I don't see why they can't just remove the quitters from participation at that point. Let them sit in, let them even speak at the end if you want the drama, but don't let them have a vote. Not right. It's not like they need the numbers. They have enough to go on with the jury they have left.

The good part is that loyalties and alliances have been shaken up and who knows where this will all shake out going forward. And I don't greatly dislike anyone left, though Dan shouldn't win, Sash is not my favorite, Jane and Holly can be annoying, and I do prefer Fabio to the others.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with everyone else that NaOnka and Kelly should not be on the jury. I kept waiting for Jeff to say that they were just going home, not to the jury, since they were quitting, but he never did. Why couldn't they just have a jury with 2 less members? I could see if only one person quit how keeping them off the jury could cause problems, because then there would be an even number of jury members and possibly a tie vote in the end. But with two people quitting, it wouldn't have mattered!

I wonder what kind of a reception those two got from Marty, Brenda, and Alina! I say good riddance to them both, especially NaOnka. NaOnka further solidified her role as a disgusting person when she let Holly opt out of the reward and then pigged out on hot dogs, popcorn, and candy.

And speaking of that, why didn't Dan opt out of the reward to get the rice and tarp?? He did absolutely nothing to win that reward except sit in a chair and make a lucky guess at who would win! His do-nothingness in challenges and at camp is incredibly annoying to me and at this point, I hope he's the next to go. He should have been gone a long time ago.

I'm liking Holly a little bit more each week, but I agree that she needs to lay off the lectures. When she was lecturing Kelly, I just kept thinking, "Let her leave! It will help your chances! What's wrong with you?!?"

I'm still not sure who I'm rooting for to win, but at this point I guess it's Fabio.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    And speaking of that, why didn't Dan opt out of the reward to get the rice and tarp?? He did absolutely nothing to win that reward except sit in a chair and make a lucky guess at who would win! His do-nothingness in challenges and at camp is incredibly annoying to me and at this point, I hope he's the next to go. He should have been gone a long time ago.
    That's a good point. No one ever calls Dan out on anything, for slacking off at challenges and at camp. But I guess they had more important fish to fry last night.

I'm liking Holly a little bit more each week, but I agree that she needs to lay off the lectures. When she was lecturing Kelly, I just kept thinking, "Let her leave! It will help yourchances! What's wrong with you?!?"
    It sounded like she was trying to motivate Kelly to stay, the same way Jimmy Johnson motivated her. Although no one likes being lectured, I think I probably would have said some words to her too, but for different reasons. She should have quit a long time ago (or not even auditioned for the race) if she couldn't hack it. That would have given other people who were in the race for the long haul a chance to win. That totally bugs me.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: