Quantcast chances of free dining coming back??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default chances of free dining coming back??

What does everyone think the likelihood of the free dining promotion for Fall 2011 being offered again is? I booked today and the reservationist kept saying they were "told the deals will get less and less" as the year goes on and "early birds get the worm" but I didn't know if it was just a sales pitch. Would love to get free dining for mid-October. Thanks and so sorry if this is a duplicate post!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Like every other business, it will depend on the economy, advance bookings, etc. I would guess those deals will be a lot fewer unless gas prices get so high it drags down the economy again. If you see a good deal and you are able to lock it in, do so. You can always look for a better deal later. I would suggest you look at Magical Journeys for some help in finding the best deal-- they will keep searching if something better comes along. Good luck.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Probably not a sales pitch...

As with the airlines, as things fill up, there's less incentive to discount empty rooms. It's the law of supply and demand in action. Less supply (because people already booked the free dining) means there are less rooms to go around, so if you demand one, be prepared to pay for it. If not, someone else will...

With Disney, you absolutely need to get in when you see it. They change their promotions to maximize profits. It was amazing at the Disney Store, they would always raise prices and eliminate promos as the weekend approached (more people shopping with pockets full of cash) and would then put things back on sale starting Mondays...

They do that all over the company...

Post Thanks / Like

I think they will offer free dining again in the fall. They have for the past few years, I would be really surprised if they didn't this year.

Here's hoping
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Grandmom's house in St. Augustine - 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    July '12 POFQ

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Feb '13 Cars family suite!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: