Quantcast Do you buy Park Hopper MYW Tickets? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Do you Park Hop?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have to have a Park Hopper Ticket.

164 81.19%
  • No, One Park a day is enough for me.

38 18.81%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

We used to get hoppers and then started to realize that we don't really ever use it. I was contemplating doing it for this trip, but after reading this thread the cheapo in me just keeps questioning the worth. I am worried though with all the "crowd" talk I am thinking what if we do get to a park and wish we had picked another one that day.... decisions, decisions....
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have done both on back-to-back trips and much prefer to be able to "hop." It really depends on the person, but I don't like spending all day in one park. It expands options for rides and dining. I agree with previous posters that it's nice to take advantage of EMH in one park and then go to a less crowded park for regular hours. It's also nice on your last day and you want to hit up all your favorites. It would be nice to keep the $$, but for me it's worth it.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hair_Razor View Post
    We used to get hoppers and then started to realize that we don't really ever use it. I was contemplating doing it for this trip, but after reading this thread the cheapo in me just keeps questioning the worth. I am worried though with all the "crowd" talk I am thinking what if we do get to a park and wish we had picked another one that day.... decisions, decisions....
    If this happens -- you get to a park and wished you'd picked another park - just go to guest services in the park you are in and have the hopper option added to your tickets! If it doesn't happen, you have saved the cash.
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I like the hopper for emotional reasons. After my nap I go to a different park and feel that I have a whole new "day".

Post Thanks / Like

When we first started to go, we bought just the non hopper passes, but since both of our kids are teenagers now we like the flexibility of the park hoppers.

Post Thanks / Like

We do not do the park hopper. We plan our trip to eat at the park we are visiting that day as well as what rides we want to do and anything else for that day. When the park closes early we go to DTD or go relax at the resort. We would rather save the money and spend it on special souviniers
    Me DD 15 DD 15 DS17 DH

MARCH 2008 OFFSITE
    ME, DS13 DD13 DS15

MARCH 2009 POR
    ME, DH DD14 DD14

SEPTEMBER 2011
    ME, DH, DD15 DD15
    16TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

Post Thanks / Like

We usually use Hoppers. Normally we go to one park at opening, back to resort or water park in the afternoon, and then to whatever park is open late that night. We are park commandos, and we have been to all four parks in one day just to say we did it. Usually only two though.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

With our recent December trip we weren't going to do the Park Hopper, but after being down there for a day, making some changes to park days and primarily because we had the free dining, we opted to add on the park hopper.

When it was my DW and myself, we always got the PH, now that we added 3 DD, we thought, nope, too hard at their age to be park hopping. But the scheduling requirements of managing 9 TS was enough to say, oh well, let's add it.

If hadn't been on the ddp, we wouldn't have gotten the PH on this trip.

Post Thanks / Like

We usually end our nights at the World Showcase, so a hopper is a must for us!

Post Thanks / Like

We'll go to Epcot to finish out the day if we're at a park that closes earlier. We also will do the rounds on our last day, hitting 2 or more parks to do anything we missed.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Before I started buying annual passes, I used to get the 10-day non-expiring park hopper passes. I would buy them when I had the money to spare just in case another year was tighter. There were a few times we wouldn't have gone most likely if we wouldn't have already had the tickets.
    **Last Visits**

Feb 23 Fort Wilderness
    Nov 22 Hilton Tuscany Village (During Hurricane)
    Sep 22 Dolphin Hotel
    May 22 Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

**Scheduled Visits**

Mar 23 Undecided
    Jun 23 Fort Wilderness

Twitter: MouseFacts

Post Thanks / Like

Have never had anything but PH, since they were introduced. I like the freedom of being able to visit multiple parks, to plan days to avoid crowds as the days go on, and I especially like the freedom to park hop to Epcot or DHS for dinner
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I really feel that I "have" to have the hopper, although I'll admit I can't recall very often doing more than one park in the same day! Probably the biggest reason for me is that we like to eat in Epcot, even if we weren't there during the day. And my teenage daughter will use it to spend a whole day "hopping" just to shop! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by brivers222 View Post
    Yes we do because often we have lunch in one park and then dinner at another.
    Our thoughts exactly!! Or if you go to one park in the morning and it's insane ~ you have the freedom go somewhere else! This happened to us at DHS in October on a double Fantasmic night!! The worst crowds we have ever seen!! We turned right around and headed to Epcot!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

It is not possible for me to not park hop.

I would like to be able to do one park a day as this would be a saving of $55-60 per adult.

I just can't do it. I enjoy AK but it closes early. I enjoy HS but many nights it closes early. Lastly, I love Epcot at nights. Consequently, I have to hop.
    1984-first visit only one day 1996-WL 1998-CSR 2001-CSR 2003-POR & AKL 2004-AKL 2005-CBR 2006-CBR & BC 2007-Pop & CBR (solo) 2010-Pop (solo) 2011-Pop (solo) 2012-Pop 2013-Pop 2014-Pop (solo) 2015-Pop (solo) 2016-Pop (solo)

Post Thanks / Like

Whenever we've bought MYW tickets, we haven't gotten the PH option in order to save money. I've felt that with good planning (which I love to do!) we could make better use of our time staying put in one park and not wasting time traveling from park/resort/park. However, for three trips we were AP holders, and I must admit I enjoyed the hopper option. I still planned to mostly be in one park per day, but towards the end of the trip, if we'd missed something, it gave us the opportunity to run over to another park to complete our to-do list. On our upcoming trip we do not have PH - we'll see if I regret that!
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

We always do the hopper option. Just having the option of going to another park for any given reason on each and every day. Some days it's just for a meal at a specific restaurant, a parade, fireworks or that one ride we feel like going on.
    We often do three parks on a given day and on occasion done all four in one day.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We always get a Park Hopper... we've found that we don't want to be in the park that has EMH during the day, and instead like to "hop" to it for the evening instead. Also, it gives us options if the weather gets bad... if we're at AK and the skies open up, we can "hop" to Epcot and do the buildings instead. So, I guess for us, it just comes down to having more options... never happy to pay the extra $200, but I also know I'd be unhappy if I didn't and then got stuck.
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Since we've been to WDW a good number of times, we've found that we no longer like the "Rushing around" of doing multiple parks per day. Now that we've "Been around the block.", we prefer to take our time, and give ourselves a chance to enjoy all of the fine details of WDW, which you cannot do when youre running from one park to the next, catching a bus here, a monorail, a friendship boat there.....

We focus on trying to take in the detail and trying to find and experience things that we've never done before. For instance, trying restaurants we've not been to and checking out other resorts.

We've found that when you "Park Hop", so much of your day is spent "in transit" from one location to the next.
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

For us Brits travelling to WDW the best deal is normally a UK offering of a "Ultimate 7/14/21 day ticket" which covers:

The 4 main parks: MK, Epcot, AK & DS
    The 2 water parks: TL & BB
    DisneyQuest
    with hopper privileges.

It's such a trek for us to get to WDW that personally I can't imagine limiting myself to 1 park a day.
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: