Quantcast Wilderness Lodge noise

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wilderness Lodge noise

I just switched our upcoming trip to the WL from CBR. I have always wanted to stay there, and was able to get a good AP rate. My question is the noise level in the rooms. I know that Whispering Canyon can be quite loud. How is the noise, can you hear the noise from the restaurant? Should I request a room away from the restaurant? We have a woods view, and ideally I'd like to be near the boat launch. Any suggestions?
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We were at WL a couple of weeks ago and had a woods view room. Although, we had a view of the pool from the villas --- very nice view. We did not hear noise from other rooms nor did I hear anything from the restaurant when in the lobby or from my room. The boat launch was very convenient and quick. Our room #4158 if that helps any.
    TRACEY
    šOš

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed here several times and have never had any noise from the restaurant in my room. Courtyard view rooms, however, may experience noise from the pool area which in the middle of the courtyard. This should not be an issue with woods view rooms.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, that is reassuring. I guess I'll just make a room request to be near the boat launch and keep my fingers crossed.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a woods view and can hear noise from the restaraunt, you either have supersonic hearing, or everyone in the place has a bullhorn.
    You will be fine, we had a woods view overlooking the launch and it was fine.
    The horns from the boats where evident though.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at WL 2 years ago in a room that overlooked the lobby on the 6th floor directly above Whispering Canyon. In the mornings, I could tell when Whispering Canyon opened, hearing what I called a slight "buzz" of noise that was only noticeable when we were awake and mostly because I was specifically listening for it. If we were still sleeping, I would have never noticed it. To be closer to the boat launch however, you want a room farthest away from the main lobby in the widest part of the "V", preferably on the left side if you stand in the lobby and face the back of the resort towards the pool.
    Kathy šoš

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

The only problem we had with noise is we were put right next to the service elevator.STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THAT CONER AS POSSIBLE.Disney moved us as soon as we complained but they didnt have any more pool room veiws left so we recieved a wooded view which we really didnt mind because we got a parcial view of the castle from our balcony and could see the fire works
    BE YOURSELF ALWAYS!

Post Thanks / Like

We're just back from WL. We booked a woods view & requested a MK view; WL granted our request. We couldn't see the boat launch area but I think we were close to the area you are talking about. We were in Room #4008. I was very worried about the noise level from Whispering Canyon Cafe as I suffer from migraines and seem to be going through a cycle where I'm experiencing more migraines than normal. I'm very particular and extremely sensitive to sound and smell. So with that said, I'm happy to report you will not be bothered by noise from Whispering Canyon Café. Of course, there will be other noises as others have stated but none worth worrying about. It’s a beautiful resort, you will love it!!
    ASSp, ASMovies, POP
    CSR, POR, CBR
    WL, YC/BC

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at WL in July and had a standard view and there was no noise issue at all. WL is one of my favorite WDW resorts
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

When my family stayed there back in '07, we had a courtyard view. I don't remember any noise when the balcony door was closed. So, I wouldn't sweat it if you have a wood's view.

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at WL on five separate occasions (this July will be our 6th) with standard, courtyard and woods views.

The only noise issues we've encountered were during the remodel (around 2006?) and the occasional guests running & screaming through the halls at 1 am after evening EMHs are over. We've never been bothered by pool guests or Whispering Canyon yodels.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the WL last summer and had no noise problems at all. You will enjoy it!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

I never noticed the noise from Whispering Canyon when we stayed at WL, not even when we were in the lobby. Our room was on the other side of the main building from the restaurants though. It was dead quiet at night.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

We have had various rooms at WL and I have never had a noise level issue....of course with the pool...it can be a bit loud at times but never at night when you are trying to sleep

Have a great time...it is our favorite resort.
    Disney Dream'n
    ~Bev

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First Trip 1977 Fort Wilderness Campground
    Many trips in between!

Typical Disney Home- Wilderness Lodge - OUR NEW HOME AT WDW!!!
    Last Trip Feb 2010 Princess Half Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed in every section except for conceirge level. Woods, courtyard, MK, and lodge view. We even stayed in the room right above the WCC. The noise wasn't an issue as we weren't usually in the room til later and the WCC closed around 9pm. People watching from the balcony overlooking the lobby was kinda relaxing. MK view allowed us to watch "Wishes" from our balcony. Woods view is just that! And the courtyard view (our fave) was great for relaxing on the balcony and our view was of the pool, the pool bar, the geyser, and Bay Lake. The only bad room we had was this past Oct. our room was directly over the service area and the air conditioning units. The noise during the night was horrible with the trucks backing in and out and the ACs going on and off...we had them move us immediately!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

This past August, we had a 4th floor room opening directly onto the lobby. We never had a problem with noise. Never heard a thing unless our door was open.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: