Quantcast Peanut, nut allergies

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Peanut, nut allergies

Has anyone flown Delta (or any other airline) with a severe peanut nut allergy? If so were you concerned with peanut "dust". The only flight we can get during the week we want the free dining will be serving nuts... Thinking of using a mask.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Thanks so much!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a peanut allergy. However, a year or so ago, I was on a SW flight and they started their snack service. They had almost all the packets of peanuts handed out when the stewardess announced rather suddenly "don't open your peanuts. We will be picking them back up and replacing them with cookies since we have a passenger with a peanut allergy!" So, I think if you check with the airline, they can serve some other type of snack on that flight. Can't hurt to check into it!

Post Thanks / Like

We had a similar situation on an Air Canada flight, where people in the immediate vacinity to the person with the allergy were given alternatives. I think the way the PP's airline handled it was much better!!

I would make sure that I told every Airline representative from check in all the way through boarding that I had a severe peanut allergy. Good luck with everything!!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

2 of my children have peanut allergies-I always bring travel clorox wipes and wipe down the arm rest, tray tables, seat belt buckles, etc. before I let them sit down. Even if your flight isn't serving peanuts, another one prior to your might have. This doesn't guarantee anything, but it is a little extra precaution. You can tell them asap and see what they can do for you. They don't want anyone going into shock during the flight, so I'm guessing they'll be understanding. If my boys were surrounded by people eating nuts on a plane, I would be a wreck.
    '90-off site
    '93, '95-Caribbean Beach
    '96-Port Orleans-Senior Yr. Spring Break
    '00, '02, '03 (Honeymoon), '04-Coronado
    '06-All Star Music-Christmas trip
    '08-1 day in March-MK
    '09-Spring
    '11-Pop Century
    '12-All Star Movies-Princess 1/2
    '12-Caribbean Beach
    '14-Pop Century
    '15-Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe wearing a mask will short-circuit the hazard of touching some with peanut dust and then touching the mouth or the food or gum you are about to ingest.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Undercover Boss gave me pause re allergies

I watched the episode of undercover boss where they showed the guy help "clean" the plane. I don't think it was really cleaning and it seemed to me if any peanut dust or oils were around they didn't even touch it. I plan on taking handy wipes and wiping down the arms of my DD's chair and mine. Thankfully she isn't affected by dust in air but skin contact starts a reaction. I will have her Epipen too as a security blanket but hopefully won't need it. Some airlines don't announce allergies since it is claiming liability. I don't want special treatment just want them aware just in case of cross contamination.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I won't fly Delta because they serve peanuts and last I talked to them they won't make any changes. However, we've never had a problem on the other airlines we fly. A co-worker of my husband's did have a problem with their child on a flight because everyone basically opened their bag at once and it put too much into the air.

Call Delta and see if they're willing to make a change. If not, I would consider the mask.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: