Quantcast What is your "spot"?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is your "spot"?

I've always been jealous of my little brother because he and mom have their own special "spot" in tomorrowland where they would used to sit and eat chips together while I rode astrology orbiters with my older brother and dad. They talk about it still as their "spot".

Does anyone else have a special place like that?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile my favorite spot

is in the Magic Kingdom - the eating area between main street and tomorrowland, next to the water, sitting at a table with a yellow and white striped umbrella. I have a beautiful pic of the castle from that perspective as my background on my computer so i can look at it every day!

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, several. My Mother and I had a favorite in each park. Although she passed away almost 9 years ago, they're still my favorites and I visit each one on every trip and think happy thoughts.

In MK - The lower level seating area at the end of Main Street on the right. Although it's now a designated smoking spot, I can always find a table away from the smokers to sit and daydream.

In EPCOT - At the Electric Umbrella, one of the tables across from the fountain. We always stopped there for a meal or a snack. It's still a favorite spot for a break.

In AK - Any bench a little off the beaten track - great for people-watching or listening to the sounds and remembering how much Mom enjoyed AK.

In DHS - On one of the benches along Sunset Blvd, across from one of the speakers. Mom always had to hear her favorite Big Band tune - Sing!Sing!Sing! Sometimes we got a bonus and the long version played; I was never allowed to speak during the song. I still sit on one of the benches in the evening, waiting to hear her favorite tune; once I do, it's the perfect end to a great day at DHS and it's time to go back to my resort.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

My family's spot is the little peninsula at the Polynesian and watching the fireworks. We grew up sitting on the grass and watching the beautiful fireworks. I guess other people caught on because they paved the grass and now I think it's called Sunset Point and people get married there. I always used to dream of watching the fireworks in that spot with my husband and that dream finally came true! And now we are having a !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cather74 View Post
    My family's spot is the little peninsula at the Polynesian and watching the fireworks. We grew up sitting on the grass and watching the beautiful fireworks. I guess other people caught on because they paved the grass and now I think it's called Sunset Point and people get married there. I always used to dream of watching the fireworks in that spot with my husband and that dream finally came true! And now we are having a !

That would be my spot as well, precisely because that IS where I got married!
    Sometimes, when you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things,you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

Post Thanks / Like

My family and I love watching the fireworks from the beach at Fort Wilderness. My wife and I love sitting by the windows of the Outer Rim in the Contemporary with a glass of wine!
    Sean
    So many Happy Trips!

6/30/12 through 7/10/12 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/11 through 1/4/12 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/10 thorugh 1/4/11 Fort Wilderness!

7/1/10 through 7/14/10 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/09 through 1/4/10 Fort Wilderness!

7/1/10 through 7/11/10 Fort Wilderness!

Post Thanks / Like

I love the rocking chairs in Liberty Square in MK. I feel so jealous if someone else is in my spot!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefmickey3 View Post
    I love the rocking chairs in Liberty Square in MK. I feel so jealous if someone else is in my spot!
    That's exactly why I'm not telling my spot. I've already seen it mentioned on the boards several times in the last few day, and I just want to say "sshhhhh".
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

At DD, next to the Pooh Bear store, there is a plastic wooden log with Pooh and his friends. We took a pic of my son when he was 2 sitting on it. We know have 6 different pics on the same log, now with 3 kids. Always make sure we take that pic whenever we go.
    bob6572
    DVC MEMBER SSR
    May 99
    Jan 03
    Feb 04
    Dec 05
    Jan 07, BWV
    Jan 09, BWV
    Jan 2010, BWV
    Feb 2011, BWV
    April 2013, AKL
    January 2014, BCV
    April 2015, AKL/GFV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefmickey3 View Post
    You guys have my permission to use MY spot when I am not there. However, remember, it is MINE and you must remove yourselves from MY rockers when I am there.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

For me at MK, there is this one spot when I am climbing through SFRT'house where, when I look to the left, I can see the castle and Space Mtn through the "moss" that grows on the tree. I have to get a picture of it every time, and for some reason, it thrills me. Every time.

At Epcot, it is wherever I am watching Illuminations...

DHS?? Hmmm... waiting in line at ToT, right as we're turning to go into the building.... love it.

And AK.... I love the little picnic areas along the river, where you can sit and relax and see the Tree of Life... and wherever I can hear the steel drum band. Mmmm.
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Ours is when we're sitting at the tables in front of Beaches and Cream enjoying a cup of mint choc-chip ice cream taking advantage of the shade and simply watching the world go by in Stormalong Bay. It's one of the few times that we actually stop during our holidays (we usually return to work for a rest.)
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

This doesn't really qualify as a "spot" per se, but for me it has always been the Polynesian Resort. That is where my family and I always stayed when I was a kid, and of course now my wife and I never stay there b/c it is so expensive. But every trip I insist on resort hopping to the Poly just for the trip down memory lane, and the nostalgia always hits me the second I walk in the lobby. I was always so insanely excited during those trips when we stayed there when I was a kid, so it really hits home to visit there.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

On a bench at the UK pavillion.I once sat here and sketched the telephone kiosk the year EPCOT opened and think about that everytime I pass it.
    1981(FW) 1982(FW) 1983(FW) 1984(FW) 1985(FW)
    1986(FW) 1987(FW) 1989-2x(FW) 2004(ASMO)2008(CSR)

You can't just let it go...not even on your birthday.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a special spot/ride with my oldest son. When he was a baby and toddler I always sang zippa de doo da to him, almost every single morning while getting ready for our day. It was "our song". The first time he rode Splash Mountain it was just he and I. DH had gone back to the room with our cranky younger son. While on the ride he said "mom this is our song". So right then and there we promised that we'd always ride "our ride" together. And to this day I've only ever ridden it with him.

Now I feel I really need to find a "spot" that my younger son and I can call our own.

We also have a family spot. Ever since my kids were 2 years old, and 9 months old we've been going to WDW and watching Wishes from the beach at the Poly after dinner at Ohana's. Just this past June DH and I were sitting on lounge chairs as DSs played in the sand and watched Wishes and the water parade. Our kids are now 10 and 8. As we sat there I couldn't help thinking of all the amazing memories we've had in WDW over the years. DH and I talked about how many times over the years we've sat on that very same beach, while the boys played in the sand and watched the fireworks and parade. Its one of those special little things we do in WDW, its a part of WDW my kids will always remember because for as far back as they can remember we did this on our trips. So I'd say that's definitely "our spot"!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Strangely enough its in my least favorite park, DHS...as you enter and go down to where the park V's...there is a spot there with benches, my mom and I got coffees once and sat there and people watched while my sister and son rode RnRC...it is still one of my favorite moments at the world

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

My "traditional" spot with my sons over the years would probably be the bus stop at FtW on our loop, or the beach at FtW where we sit to watch the water pageant at night.
    New tradition for my wife and I would be the upper level of the Railroad station, looking down Main St, right before our first ride of the trip.
    "Attention all passengers..."
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

What a great thread!

I have several "spots" in Disney.

Magic Kingdom - I have to eat at Caseys at one of the tables with the umbrellas and castle gaze. I love it here.

Epcot - We always seem to sit on a bench in the French Pavillon after getting a yummy snack (most of my spots revolve around food) and people watch.

The Boardwalk Resort - I love to sit on the boardwalk in the morning with a cup of coffee. Now that my daughter is getting older she joins me at the table with some milk.

Polynesian - the hammocks!

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

One of my favorite spots to be is by Splash Mountain. There's a spot that my dad and I go and spend time there, watching all the people laughing after the big drop on Splash Mountain. It's a great place to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We have our favorite spots as well. At MK it is
    a bench right by the castle next to a wall and
    close to the Tinker Bell shop. At DS it is on a
    bench across from The Little Mermaid show and One Man's Dream. Epcot it is along the walkway across from America and the funnel
    place. AK is at the Flame Tree down among the
    trees along the river.
    BEEN THERE DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
    MARCH.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: