Quantcast Chef Mickey Breakfast?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chef Mickey Breakfast?

We just booked our trip for March and we decided to get the Chef Mickey breakfast at the Contemporary. We've never done a character breakfast there - does anyone have any feedback on what was good or what was poor for this? Thanks

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We loved Chef Mickey's! We had an early ADR and had great character interaction! The food was good, buffet style. The Mickey waffles are the best! You will enjoy!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Just there last week. It was just like usual. We like it as part of tradition. The food is "par". Not great, not horrible. I'm not certain the bacon they serve has ever even met a pig, but I digress.

Try and get one of the first seatings of the day (7:00am). I know it seems early, but really, it's for the best. The characters come out quickly and have more time to spend with you when the place isn't packed. We do love it, and will continue to go.
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto from above. Try and get an early ADR ... better character interaction. Food was fine. Service fine. With Chef Mickey's ... you go for the characters and the earlier ... the better.
    CB 2007
    BWI 2008
    YC 2009
    BWI Innkeepers Club 2010
    BC Christmas 2011
    BWI Christmas 2012
    ??? June 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I think that you'll get some love/hate responses when it comes to Chef Mickey's - just like every other restaurant at Disney.

When I started lurking on INTERCOT in 1999 to plan our first trip with our 2 year old son for the Millenium Celebration, the one and ONLY Priority Seating (now Advance Dining) reservation we made at the recommendation of so many here was at Chef Mickey's.

We've been back every year since with no regrets. Granted, on occasion we'll get an inattentive server, or have folks rushing up to the characters when we're trying to get a few photo ops, but it's a long-standing tradition we own and we look forward to this event each year. Is the food gourmet? Nope. But there's plenty to enjoy for each of our individual tastes including lots of fresh fruit, and the pictures we've taken over the years with the characters are priceless.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the 7:00 reservation. Although it wasn't one of our favorites foodwise, it was a nice character breakfast with a nice buffet. What we also liked was how it set us up for the rest of the morning. We were able to finish eating and then go shopping for a bit at the resort gift shop. Then a nice relaxing walk to MK with plenty of time for rope drop. So no worries about travel time after breakfast.
    Lynne

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children"--Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoyed Chef Mickey's when we ate there on our last trip. Not the best food ever, but overall it was a good buffet. My kids love the character interaction. I think the only thing I would've changed was our ADR time. We went closer to 10am since it was the day we were doing MNSSHP and we skipped parks for the day. I think our wait was close to an hour. I'm thinking an earlier time slot might not be as long a wait (or hoping at least).
    Christie

September 2007 - Pop Century

September 2009 - ASMu

September 17-24, 2011 - Off Property
    October 2014 - ???

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. We got a 7am seating to hopefully beat some of the crowds and its on the day we're visiting MK so it should work out well. We just told the kids about the trip and Chef Mickey's was the only unanimous choice by the 2 of them for dining.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: