Quantcast must DOs for DS's friend(both 14)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default must DOs for DS's friend(both 14)

We are taking DS's friend on our next Disney trip (6 day). He has only been to Disney once and stayed off resort and didn't do any of the dining at WDW. What are some must DOs for him? I was thinking of fantastic theming like San Angel, Sci-Fi and Coral Reef. DH wants to do Crystal Palace and we all want to do Boma. My DS is wanting to do 'Ohana, Liberty Tree Tavern or Le Cellier as these were must DOs on most of our past trips, but I wanted a break from those 3. He also mentioned Cape May, which we did last trip and loved it, but we aren't staying near there. We are using TIW. Thanks!
    DVC since 2006 at OKW, HHI, AKV and BWV
    Upcoming: Aug 1-8, 2015 at BWV

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

50's Prime Time was very entertaining for my DD age 16. I still love Garden Grill in Epcot for character dining.
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

Hoop de Doo might be a nice choice. I was going to recommend SciFi but I see you already have it on the list.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

My DS recommends Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

My two 15 & 19 love The Plaza especially the milkshakes. Great on an EMH night when you can grab a bite and then be on your way. The are both bringing friends for our trip in June and also requested the Sci-Fi for a change. I think I am raising con artists though because then they added Cali Grill to the list.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

My DS (15) recommends: Beaches and Cream, Boma, Coral Reef (if they like fish... as food and friends) and 'Ohana.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We also use TiW & DS's "must do" dining at 13 are:

* LeCellier (he picked especially for "his" day)
    * Sci-Fi
    * Whispering Canyon
    * The Plaza (milkshakes & banana split)!
    * Chef Mickey's
    * TRex (once again, milkshakes and the addition of fried cheese)
    * Cape May ('cause he loves watching DS and I tear into crab claws-can't stand seafood himself but plenty of other things to make him happy)
    * Crystal Palace
    * Mama Melrose
    * Ohana
    * Via Napoli - needs to see if the pizza is good as everyone here says it is

Needless to say, he's in the drivers seat when it comes to our dining this year!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of great responses. Thank you. I am printing out menus and letting DS and his friend pick a place. I wasn't a fan of Whispering Canyon when we went, but for some reason- I'm really wanting to go there again. I'm not sure if my DS went with us to WC. Maybe they'll pick that. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KylesMom View Post
    We also use TiW & DS's "must do" dining at 13 are:

* LeCellier (he picked especially for "his" day)
    * Sci-Fi
    * Whispering Canyon
    * The Plaza (milkshakes & banana split)!
    * Chef Mickey's
    * TRex (once again, milkshakes and the addition of fried cheese)
    * Cape May ('cause he loves watching DS and I tear into crab claws-can't stand seafood himself but plenty of other things to make him happy)
    * Crystal Palace
    * Mama Melrose
    * Ohana
    * Via Napoli - needs to see if the pizza is good as everyone here says it is

Needless to say, he's in the drivers seat when it comes to our dining this year!
    What do you tend to do for lunch? Do you do TS places with your TIW or pay full price on CS or pack lunches(or eat in your room)? This will be our first time w/out DDP and with TIW. We'll be in a 2BR villa, so we could make sandwiches for lunch. We may do some of our TS picks , like Sci-Fi, for lunch and go off-property for dinner.

Post Thanks / Like

What do you tend to do for lunch? Do you do TS places with your TIW or pay full price on CS or pack lunches(or eat in your room)? This will be our first time w/out DDP and with TIW. We'll be in a 2BR villa, so we could make sandwiches for lunch. We may do some of our TS picks , like Sci-Fi, for lunch and go off-property for dinner.
    Actually, about half our list above are lunch ADRs, and the remainder (with the exception of Chef Mickey's for breakfast) are dinner. We eat breakfast in the room. If we eat a nice TS for lunch with our TiW card, we grab CS for dinner - oftentimes it's just a snack, as we may not be really hungry again for the rest of the day after a good-size lunch. And for those days we have a planned dinner ADR, we usually grab CS for lunch - or a couple of hot dogs or a turkey leg on the fly.

We do a grocery stop at the beginning of the trip for perishables & adult beverages, and the rest of our in-room snacks I ship down prior to our arrival. It helps keep the incidental snack budget down!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KylesMom View Post
    Actually, about half our list above are lunch ADRs, and the remainder (with the exception of Chef Mickey's for breakfast) are dinner. We eat breakfast in the room. If we eat a nice TS for lunch with our TiW card, we grab CS for dinner - oftentimes it's just a snack, as we may not be really hungry again for the rest of the day after a good-size lunch. And for those days we have a planned dinner ADR, we usually grab CS for lunch - or a couple of hot dogs or a turkey leg on the fly.

We do a grocery stop at the beginning of the trip for perishables & adult beverages, and the rest of our in-room snacks I ship down prior to our arrival. It helps keep the incidental snack budget down!
    That's exactly what I was thinking we'd do. Since we have a kitchen, we always stop at the grocery store on the way into WDW and get stuff for breakfast and drinks (water and sodas). We have 7 TS places picked out: San Angel, Boma, Sci-Fi (lunch), Whispering Canyon (lunch), Planet Hollywood (lunch), Crystal Palace and Coral Reef. Though we are still debating Coral Reef- twin DDs-12 don't like fish. We are considering switching it for Cape May (DH wants and DS had on his list), 9 Dragons (1 DD wants to do and DH has always wanted to do, but I thought we could get Chinese anywhere and do so at home all the time) or Teppan Edo (I've always wanted to try). We can't make ADRs until 2/14, so we have some time to hash it out. Thanks for all the input!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: