Quantcast Saratoga Springs - studio

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saratoga Springs - studio

My wife and I stayed at Saratoga Springs the first week in January for the Marathon Weekend. SS is where we own at and I was able to get a studio at the last minute. I just wanted to get a few opinions on the resort and the studio rooms. We used about 55 points for four nights which wasn't bad (around $60 a night) but I wasn't overly impressed with the room or the resort itself. I looked online and if we had paid cash thru Expedia, the studio was $380 a night. Addtionally, everything seemed so spread out and we had to drive to the lobby to get coffee or soft drinks. We've stayed at the Beach Club and the AK last summer so I guess we've gotten spoiled. The wife and I had a great time (as always) but we were somewhat let down by our accomodations. I'd like other DVC members opinions on this. Thanks in advance.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We just bought into BLT in January. We'll be staying at Beach Club in Aug and BLT in Nov. I can't comment on personal experience at SSR, but my brother and his wife stayed there last year and they didn't care for it either. They had the same comments as you.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ssr

We bought at SSR in 2006. Yes its spread out but not too bad to navigate if you request the right buildings. We don't usually stay there. I drive up and stay there 4 to 5 week ends a year for the golf only. Kind of reminds me of my dorms back in college. Still its a nice resort and just a short boat ride to DTD. One good thing, if we plan a last minute long week end, there is always a studio available at SSR. Before we joined DVC, My DW and I stayed at all the hotels on property at least twice. Compared to all of them I would rate SSR a solid B.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

Stayed there last year in The Springs and really enjoyed it. We had a 2BR lockoff and 2 studios and everyone enjoyed the accomodations. It is nice to have such a large and available DVC resort. It definitely is spread out.
    Feb 1990 - FW
    Oct 2000 - YC
    Sept 2001 - MK
    May 2002 - DL
    Sept 2004 - BW
    Dec 2004 - WL
    Feb 2005 - POFQ
    Oct 2007 - FW CABIN
    Dec 2008 - ASMov
    Oct 2009 - DVC Member!
    Jan 2010 - SSR
    Aug 2011 - BLT, Universal, BCV
    April 2012 - WL Villas
    Feb 2013 - Disneyland!

Post Thanks / Like

We really enjoy SSR, but we also only request Congress Park. So if I was to stay say in the Paddock section we may not like it as well. We have stayed in all the room categories there now, except the Grand Villa, but hope to take care of that next January.

No the studio was nothing spectacular, but the 2 of us were quite comfortable. It was fine for what we wanted for the room. We didn't spend much time in the room other than to sleep, so it was just fine. We even had plenty of room for my ECV.
    Can I go "home" yet?
    Mickey where are you?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saratoga Springs - studio

Really like SSR. Have stayed in the 2 bedroom, 1 bedroom and studio. I really like the studio and so does most of my family with the exception of one daughter who loves the resort but not the studio.

We like the feeling of SSR being like a resort onto itself. We feel very removed from the parks and like the relaxing feeling at the pool and appreciate being so close to Downtown Disney (short boat ride or walk and can even take a bus).

The new pool design at Paddock looks amazing and is really needed for the Carousel/Paddock area. Most people would likely agree that Congress, Grandstand and Springs are most convenient with proximity to DTD, food, pools, community room (which is a nice one) etc.

DVC offers a variety of options for its members. If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the parks SSR is a nice option. The grounds are beautiful, it is very relaxing, has an incredible main pool,top notch golf and Spa offerings.

One of my most memorable stays was in a studio in Grandstand. We had the best view of the grounds and were a stone's throw from the boat ride to DTD and the Carriage House.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: