Quantcast A Villian Theme Park?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Villian Theme Park?

Hey everyone just joined and new to the INTERCOT Boards for WDW. Anyways I'll be attending the WDW Resort again for the 4th time!! in April after the week of Easter and I couldn't be any more happier to be back and being updated on what all the changes the Imagineers and the staff of WDW has made to their parks.

But anyway last time I was in Disney with my family back in '05(except for my Senior Band Trip in '09 in High School lol) and I was having a conversation with one of the staff that operates for the Great Movie Ride @ DHS and she told me that WDW bought land and is constructing a Villian Park containing all of the Disney Villians and making up most of the park with roller coasters. So idk if that rumor is still true or not or w/e but if anyone can shed some more information about it, highly appreciate that and thanks =)
    -BrianImagineer

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

let's put it this way.
    That rumor is still not true.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

That rumor has been tossed around since DAK opened, maybe as long as I've been alive It will NEVER become an entire theme park, and Disney will NEVER build a theme park with nothing but roller coasters like Six Flags or Busch Gardens...

With Disney buying Marvel last year, we're probably more likely to see something like a mini land (ala Harry Potter at IoA or Storybook Circus in the new Fantasyland) in MGM. Even if that were to happen, you won't see anything like the Hulk in a Disney park...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Based on the persistence of this rumor, I believe it was discussed at some point maybe 10 years ago or so. Disney tried really hard to turn their villains into a franchise, but it never really took hold the way they wanted it to. It developed a niche market, but not much more.

I think the root of this rumor is that, at some point, someone probably said, "Hey if this villains thing takes off it would be a perfect theme for an all thrill park to compete with Islands of Adventure ... "

And then two things happened. One, it didn't take off and two, IOA never really presented the level of challenge to WDW to warrant a full new theme park to compete.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrianImagineer View Post
    ...she told me that WDW bought land...
    Welcome, Brian. Unless the park is to be someplace other than Walt Disney World, they wouldn't need to buy land. They have plenty of it, ready to be developed into the mythical Fifth Gate.

(BTW, "The Fifth Gate," would be a great name for a sci-fi movie, no?)

- Aero
    Por favor, manténganse alejado de los puercos.

First trip, 1993. DVC Member, 2005. POLY (2x), YC, BC, CSR (3x), POR (2x), SSR (4x), BWV (2x), CBR, DCL (3x), AbD Viva Italia, OKW, AKV/KV (4x), BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I heard an imaginer say once, that the only people that have discussed that are those that can not make it happen, in other words, us. He said that DIsney is about imagination, story telling, magic, not thrill rides...
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    I heard an imaginer say once, that the only people that have discussed that are those that can not make it happen, in other words, us. He said that DIsney is about imagination, story telling, magic, not thrill rides...
    yeah...but its such a great rumor... DW actually came home tonight and said she had heard it again through the former CM grapevine (all the way up here east tennessee)...this time it is supposedly to be located between the AK and new Four Seasons resort. oh well, its fun to think about anyway.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: