Haven't been back in some time, but if your schedule is flexible, the Aloha Festival is a week of special shows, great Hawaiian music, parades, and tours. It is in late September, as I recall.

I spent some time on a business trip at the Turtle Bay Resort...absolutely a fantastic get away....About the closest resort to Polynesian Cultural Center...and convenient (by rental car, or by moped) to the North Shore...

Oahu, especially in the Honolulu area, is very developed...still pleasant, but crowded, and very touristy...lots of shows, and lots of places to spend money....Turtle Bay is on the northeast corner of the Island...Honolulu is on the south shore, towards the eastern end...TB is at least a half hour drive from the airport...via the Pali Highway...

Lots of small local restuarants on the north shore...great places for local cuisine, enjoying the food and views of the ocean and surfers ....

In addition to Pearl Harbor, there is the Punchbowl, the National Military Cemetery of the Pacific...Honolulu's Arlington Cemetery....Heroes lie there....worth the visit.

When we were stationed at Barbers Pt, DW and I used to take the kids to the Honolulu Zoo on Sundays...stopping at the Holiday Inn for a Sunday afternoon buffet...

We also had a wonderful evening on a dinner cruise...dining and dancing...