Quantcast Driving Massachusetts to Disney: Route ? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

The EZPass that you obtain in Massachusetts works anywhere from Maine to Maryland/Virginia area. Anything south of that it wont work. I know because I have done it a few times. I prefer to leave in the middle of the night when we drive to Virginia's Amtrak Auto Train. We leave Mass at 2 am and breeze right over the George Washington Bridge around 5:15 a.m and get to Lorton, VA by 9:30-10:00 without hitting any traffic at all. I typically do Mass Pike to I-84, to 95....I think...LOL! Best of luck to you on your road trip! Be safe and have a fabulous vacation!

1988 - offsite
    1991- offsite
    2001 - offsite
    2007 - WDW Swan
    2009 - Beach Club Villas
    2011 - May Beach Club Villas - Can't wait!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMommie View Post
    This "folks from the Northeast" never suggested the E Z Pass will work on Fl roads. I believe the Delaware bridge is north of the Fl border and that distance from MA. was my contribution to the conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by BugeyedMuggy View Post
    That is correct the folks from the NE do know the EZ pass does not work all the way to FL. The tolls in NY & NJ it does work for is a BIG time & aggrivation saver.
    Well, excuse me for trying to let OTHERS who read this thread know that the EZ Pass from the northeast states does not work in Florida. Perhaps you'd rather see those who might not know better get a ticket for running a toll in Florida.

I was merely using the various references to EZ Pass to make a point. And you might notice that the OP was under the impression that the EZ Pass was only good in Massachusetts.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Default Driving Massachusetts to Disney: Route ?

Thanks for the feed back Ed. I have accepted it in good faith and I hope you accept mine as well.

Intercot is a great place to give and receive information and it is nice to be able to feel comfortable doing so.

The OP did not mention the EZ pass and it was helpful for Buggy Eyed Muggy to offer that it works through NY. In the spirit of being helpful I added that it works through the Delaware Bridge. Natedog also contributed to the information sharing around usage of the EZ Pass in the city.

I personally totally appreciate your input that the pass will not work on FL roads. The information in itself is helpful and contributed to the conversation around EZ Pass.

I think quoting us, referring to us as you folks from the NE and inferring that we suggested the pass would work in FL is where the misunderstanding began.

The 3 people who were quoted came back with a clarifying response. It seems as if we should be able to share information with our fellow Intercotees freely and without being singled out when we did not offer inaccurate information.

I would like to thank you for the time you dedicate to these boards and for letting everyone know the EZ pass does not work on FL roads.

Post Thanks / Like

You could always take your EZPass and tape it to your rear license plate thereby obscuring your registration.

Post Thanks / Like

We're back!! We did not have time to get the EZ Pass but had no trouble at all at the tolls EXCEPT the one in Delaware where we got stuck in traffic for over an hour leaving the toll and taking some detour because I-95 was closed. Oh, and somehow we ended up on the GW Bridge through NY after a rest stop on the way home and missed the upper level ramp (???) so will be charged the toll through the mail. Should I expect a fine as well? There was no attendant and it said to keep moving so we did!

It took us exactly 24 hours door to door on the way down and just under 25 hours on the way back (yesterday and today). I-95 was so busy on the way back and it rained from Georgia to Massachusetts! I really don't want to drive it straight through again but will do it if it's the only way we can go.

Thanks for all of the tips!! We did take the Tappan Zee on the way down, too
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: