Quantcast New Check In Policy for Ohana - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    I don't understand the hostility! It's everybody's Disney, and I thought your story was such a pleasant one, of rolling with the changes and making it work for not only yourself, but some others around you in line. I loved it. Like I said, I would join you, I love happy endings, and you created one that night!
    im with ya...right now i think i would wait hrs for a chance to be at ohanas!! goo happy endings!
    Poly GVC 11/04
    BC 09/05
    WL/Disney Wonder 5/06
    Poly LVC 09/06
    AKL club/WLvillas Jan/Feb 07
    CR/&Poly LVC 11/07
    Poly/LVC 08/08
    Poly LVC 03/ 09
    HHI 7/09
    Poly LVC Aug 09
    Poly Club 4/10
    Poly 8/10
    DL Hotel 8/10
    Poly 9/10
    CR/Poly Easter '11
    Vero/Poly 7/11
    DL 8/11
    10/11 MNSSHP
    FUTURE CP

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I like the 2 line idea. I like it a lot.

I like the 2 line idea. I like it a lot.

As a vacationer who made an ADR and planned the day around getting my group to the restaurant and the time of our ADR, it’s frustrating to stand in line at particularly Crystal Palace as the CM checking people in has to speak to and turn away jillions of walk-ups .

At times I’ve had to explain to the CM, “My reservation time was 10 minutes ago but I’ve been in this line 20 minutes.”

I'd like to live so close to WDW that I could wear out an annual pass but I wouldn't expect walk up availability at popular WDW restaurants.

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to the OP for sharing this info. I don't what the answer to the disney dining ADR problem is but sometimes I find it annoying. For some trips I don't mind planning everything out to the last detail of which parks has the EMH's, and when Fantasmic is playing etc. when I'm trying to figure out where we want to eat on which particular day and at what particular time. HOWEVER, when I've had a chance to plan a last minute trip it was nearly impossible to call and make any ADR's because all of the restuarants were booked where we wanted to eat so our only alternative was to take a chance once we arrived and see if we could get a walk-up reservation. We were actually able to walk-up to LeCellier in June and get a table for supper & only had to wait for about 15-20 minutes. I told my DH not to even bother trying because we'd never get a table...I had to eat my words that time!

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that you don't always have the opportunity to make your ADR's 180 days out so should everyone be punished for not being able to book 6 months before a trip? I'm not trying to make anyone angry by saying this, I'm just trying to point out that sometimes there are reasons people didn't book 6 mths. out. Our trip was a last minute trip and we knew we weren't going to get into a lot of our favorite places but we were glad we had the option to try.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again to the OP for sharing. I think I get the spirit of the post.

I wonder if locals keep track of the free dining promotions. I would think those free dining promotions would have an impact on the line length at O'Hana. There are too many pre-paid dinners chasing too few seatings at the best one point TS restaurants.
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

As a local, I totally get it Christine. I get it. We did as someone suggested previously in this thread and had made ADRs 180 days out for Le Cellier, and when the day arrived only 2 of us could go. So yeah, I get it. It's extremely frustrating.

But I see it from the other side as well. Honestly, my gripe is just with the ADR system/dining plan/free dining plan as a whole. It's put a huge damper on dining at WDW, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Check In Policy for Ohana

I hear your disappointment with the walk in policy change and frustration in general. I find the reservation system can be frustrating for a variety of reasons but do my best to plan with it as best I can. Here's to many more wonderful dining experiences at Ohana!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: