Quantcast Theme Park pricing - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    I know, but living in MD, I would never make a short trip to Disney. Too much time and trouble to do that.

What my point is, whenever Disney raises their price, whether it be in a forum or, especially, on a podcast, somebody is whining and complaining about how Disney is pricing themselves too high. What I am just trying to say is their pricing is not far out of line from what other places charge.
    I agree, If you are doing what most people do, which would be a full week vacation at Disney and if you compare that to just about anywhere else for a week, Disney is going to be cheaper just about every time.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    Every year, around this time when Disney increases their park prices, people gripe and groan about it.

Well, I was looking at where my family and I used to go to the beach when I was a wee lad, Wildwood, NJ.

In that town, the boardwalk is basically a full amusement park, with three piers and two water parks.

Just to give a comparison I thought I would show what the multiday pricing is for Morey's Piers and for WDW.

For their four day multipass it is $182 and children are $130.

For Disney it is 299.95 for adults and $280.95 for children.

Yes, that is about a $120 more per ticket. But consider what one is getting for that price.

So, while Disney is expensive, it isn't much more expensive than alternatives.
    AMEN! This was precisely my selling point to DH for us to head to WDW in late August instead of Wildwood. I also grew up vacationing there every summer, and now enjoy taking my boys there for beach vacations.

We have a few perks to cash in on to visit WDW in August (we were just there in April at Poly). I did the math ... our usual place in North WW (our clean, oceanfront efficiency dump lol), ride tickets, dining, etc. Then I compared it to what we could do in WDW and said for a few hundred bucks more we can go back to the "happiest place on earth!" The WW motel rates are in the same neighborhood as a night at WL in WDW.

Not to mention, it's been hotter here in NJ this month than it has been at WDW!

There are plenty of alternatives to WDW for vacations. But I have found if you compare costs to go elsewhere, Disney is a good bang for the buck and in our case, maybe even relief from the heat

Post Thanks / Like

It may be comparing apples and oranges, but has anyone checked out lift ticket prices recently? I live in the Northeast and I'm pretty sure lift ticket prices at places like Killington and Stratton in VT will be over $90/day this year, a little cheaper on weekdays. Even small family-type places charge close to $70/day. There are lift and stay combos to be had, but still comes to more than most WDW per diems. Just sayin...
    Previous trips:

Nov 2000, Oct 2002 - WL
    Dec 2002 - CSR (conf.)
    Feb 2004 - AKL
    Feb 2005, Jan 2007 - POR
    Oct 2007 - CSR (conf.)
    Oct 2008 - POP (pre-conf. visit)
    Oct 2009 - BV Suites (conf.)
    Oct 2010 - POR
    Nov 2010 - BV Suites (conf.)
    June 2012 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    I feel my comment almost belongs in the " you might be a Disney snob if..."

But, i hate it when people complain about the prices. You are going to Disney. What do you expect. Quality isn't cheap.

Plus, it may be elitist, but one the reasons why i have usually stayed at more expensive hotels and resorts, i like the better company. I don't want someone in line ahead of me complaining a burger costs $10 bucks when you've spent hundreds to travel to Orlando, hundreds more to stay at a resort. Tickets are expensive, but worth it. Pay cheap, get cheap. Pay more, hope to get more.
    You're right, that is a little elitist As I've mentioned in other posts we are a dual income household, but a small dual income of net: $1800 a month for a family of four.

Thankfully we do live in Florida and can do the monthly payment plans from our debit card. Though we may not be staying in luxury hotels that doesn't mean we are low class. I hate that this assumption and classist view is made so much. I don't even complain about the price of food/tickets when I go. And on the rare occasion we do a weekend trip, we stay at the off site $25 a night HoJo. But you'd never know it by standing behind us in line! We're there for the fun and magic.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

As a travel advisor I see people divided into two groups. Those who don't worry about the recession and take the no holds bar on the vacation attitude and then the ones who are more frugal and realize that they can't spend everything they have to take the vacation they really want. Due to the first group, Disney (and any vacation venue) can continue to increase their charges because they know that people will pay. I haven't seen a decrease in vacation requests to Disney in the past 3 years so that tells me that Disney will continue to increase their prices until they have to look at a decrease in requests. This is the way of business.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    You're right, that is a little elitist As I've mentioned in other posts we are a dual income household, but a small dual income of net: $1800 a month for a family of four.

Thankfully we do live in Florida and can do the monthly payment plans from our debit card. Though we may not be staying in luxury hotels that doesn't mean we are low class. I hate that this assumption and classist view is made so much. I don't even complain about the price of food/tickets when I go. And on the rare occasion we do a weekend trip, we stay at the off site $25 a night HoJo. But you'd never know it by standing behind us in line! We're there for the fun and magic.
    I agree with you.

Amount of money spent does not have a direct relationship with the amount of class one has.

I saw enough questionable behavior at my last stay at the BC. Getting loud, abusive and drunk poolside, while letting your children run amok and unsupervised happens even at the Deluxe level.
    Jen

Next trip: Beach Club Villas; August 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post

Hey, I remember HOJO's as a kid. My brother in law was thinking about staying there. He has to be more frugal. HOJO over there okay for what it is?

What I mean is i hate standing there, and someone is going on about 10 burgers as they stand there in a $40 Disney shirt and paid hundreds to get in. I appreciate value, don't get me wrong. But, it comes with where you are. At Disney, it'll cost. Magic isn't cheap. Like going to the ballgame, $7 beer. I did notice Disney beer is cheaper than the ballgame.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UCJen View Post
    I agree with you.

Amount of money spent does not have a direct relationship with the amount of class one has.

I saw enough questionable behavior at my last stay at the BC. Getting loud, abusive and drunk poolside, while letting your children run amok and unsupervised happens even at the Deluxe level.
    I really dislike that behavior around children in general. Kind of a poor example. I feel ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Hey, I remember HOJO's as a kid. My brother in law was thinking about staying there. He has to be more frugal. HOJO over there okay for what it is?

What I mean is i hate standing there, and someone is going on about 10 burgers as they stand there in a $40 Disney shirt and paid hundreds to get in. I appreciate value, don't get me wrong. But, it comes with where you are. At Disney, it'll cost. Magic isn't cheap. Like going to the ballgame, $7 beer. I did notice Disney beer is cheaper than the ballgame.
    Yeah there okay. You have to weed through sometimes. I read all the reviews. If it's average or above, I'll give it a whirl. Basically we only sleep there. As long as there are not bugs crawling everywhere and it's not filthy, I'm good! "looking old" doesn't bother me if that makes sense.

I agree with you there too! It's one thing to spend $40 on a shirt knowing food is also going to be expensive, so don't complain! If you want to spend the money on souvenirs then pack some food or buy it, but don't complain!!

Thankfully living 45 minutes away, I generally pack food for my 3 and 4 year old [because you know they don't appreciate Disney food yet! ] and I take the money I would have spent on their food and buy them some kind of small toy each time
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: