Quantcast Blue Bayou

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Blue Bayou

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blue Bayou

I'm going to DL in October and one of the meals we are planning for is at the Bayou. I just want to know if the food is really worth the price? Or are you truly just paying to eat within the Pirates ride?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The food is decent but nothing spectacular. A little salty for my taste, but I'm really sensitive to salty foods. The price is for the experience. I really don't think the food itself is worth the cost.

That being said, I go there about once a year. It's a special place to eat.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blue Bayou

I celebrated my birthday there a few years ago. Yes, the atmosphere is great. I loved the fireflies and the boats drifting past. But the food was wonderful too.

My kids and I really enjoyed it and had an excellent meal. It was definitely worth the splurge for us.
    Lisaj13
    Disneyland - Four times
    Disney World - Three times

Post Thanks / Like

Have a backup plan. Right now POTC and Blue Bayou are scheduled to close for about a 10 week refurbishment in early September.

Perhaps Napa Rose at the Grand Californian Hotel, Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel, or Wine Country Trattoria at Disney California Adventure.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

NOOOOOO!!!!!! Darn! That was the one meal we were quite looking forward to! And we all LOVE the POC ride! One of my friends has never been to DL and was really looking forward to seeing the differences between DL's POC and WDW's POC.. she's gonna be so disapointed. But thanks for letting me know about this.. now we'll have to figure out what to do that night for dinner...

Post Thanks / Like

The atmosphere is amazing - but the food and menu is mediocre at best and very overpriced.

That said -- I do recommend everyone dining there at least once for the experience.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Don't feel too bad. I mean, feel bad about POTC being closed, because that ride is amazing. However, Blue Bayou has seriously gone downhill in recent years. Food is borderline bad, grossly overpriced, and just an overall poor experience. I gave up on it long ago, and it used to be one of my favorites.

Try Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney for much better Cajun/Creole food!! That place is heads and shoulders above Blue Bayou.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

We tried Blue Bayou once, and that was enough. We are more of a pizza and burgers family anyway. Our two favorite DL dinners are; chicken fusilli plate at Pizza Port in tomorrowland and bacon cheese burgers at the Hungry Bear restaurant and sitting on the terrace that overlooks the river of america. And waving to the pepole on the paddle boat is fun too. Plus you'll have an extra $100 in your pocket after dinners over.
    I won the "Name the crocodile" contest.
    Anyone want a slightly used Pygmy war canoe?

1984 WDW-first trip
    1998 DLR
    July 2003 CBR
    Nov 2004 POP Century
    2005 DLR- Paradise Pier
    2009/2010 DLR- Halloween Party
    April 2011 - BW Park Place
    October 25, 2011 Halloween Party
    Sept 17-27 POR-RGR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blue Bayou closed

Unfortunately, the Blue Bayou WILL BE CLOSED as well as Pirates of the Caribbean due to refurbishment. BOTH will be closed Sept. 7 through Nov. 23! The food @ the Bayou is just okay...way overpriced but the atmosphere is great. If you've never been then go...just don't go back. Better off eating @ Cafe Orleans across the way from the Bayou. Food is good/consistent...it's table service as well & you might need to secure a reservation/priority seating. Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Atmosphere is the only reason to go! My wife and I tried it this past June because I had read on these boards that going and ordering a Monte Cristo is a must-do ... NOT! . Not only was it way too much food for 1 person to eat, it was just plain gross! I knew what it was going in, but didn't know to what extent it was battered to. And expensive, OMG, I think it was in the $25 price range per sandwich plate! They have the Blue Lagoon at Disneyland Paris and we had reservations for it, but cancelled due to the prices. We should've kept those and never went to the Blue Bayou!
    Animal Kingdom Lodge(2)
    All-Star Movies/Music(6)
    Pop Century(3)
    Beach Club Villas(4)
    Boardwalk Villas(8)
    Coronado Springs
    Hilton Head Island(3)
    Old Key West(4)
    Port Orleans-FQ(2)
    Disney's Santa Fe Resort-Paris
    Disneyland(2)
    Disneyland Paris