Quantcast Pop Century or All Star Music

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Pop Century or All Star Music

Tell me what you like and do not like about these resorts. I am not sure which to choose. *Standard view is the only option available at both resorts.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at both.
    I am partial to Pop, as it is the newer resort, and it is separate from the 'all-star' bus system.
    I liked the theme at ASM, and the 3 Caballeros pool is fun.
    I can't get tie dye cheesecake at ASM, so it's Pop for me !
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Between the two, I'd suggest Pop Century since it's on a different bus system and that tourists in big groups usually flock to AS first.
    2008 Sep: SOG
    2009 Feb: Poly / Apr: Timeshare
    2009 Nov: ASMo, BWV, PC
    2010 Sep: WL, OKW
    2011 Feb: Poly, BWV / Aug: BC, BWV, ASMo
    2012 Apr: FW Campgrounds / Aug: BWV
    2013 Feb: Timeshare
    2014 Feb: Timeshare
    2014 Nov: (DL) Grand Californian
    2015 Feb: OKW, Bonnet Creek Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Stayed ASMu in 2003, and loved the theming, the pool, and the cafeteria was decent.

Looking forward to trying Pop Century in 2012, which I'm hoping will be just as good, or better. I'm most looking forward to the Tie Dye Cheesecake!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

The food court will be bigger at Pop Century.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure I will be in the minority in that we prefer the All Star Resorts to Pop...

All Stars-I just love the theming and I personally thought the food courts were better than Pop. We never had bus issues even sharing with the other resorts. I found my way around easier than at Pop. Rooms were also quieter than Pop. Air conditioning worked well.

Pop-Hated the preset air conditioning system. Thought the layout of the resort was a bit confusing and the rooms picked up every noise from our neighbors. Still, I have enjoyed staying at every resort on Disney even Pop. I thought the Hippy Dippy Pool was nice and you do not have to share buses with other resorts. Food court and theming is okay just prefer All Stars.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

we prefer pop. there in july and it was great. it was our second time. better bus service. great food court. recently updated and right up to disney maintenance standards. maybe asmovies has better themeing but still like pop and we have stayed at all the value resorts.
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

ASMusic- Billion people there, especially groups. About a 26 mile walk from the back to the front. In fact, the rear hotel rooms might be in Atlanta.

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at All star music twice and Pop Century once. I personally and my family will never stay at POP again. It might be newer and have it's on bus system but there are so many rooms at POP that it equals out. I have never waited for buses more then we did when we were at pop. And leaving resorts late especially epcot heading back to pop was terrible. Also the food court at pop was bigger but when we went it was not big enough. Many times we went in to eat and just left due to having no place to sit. Never had this problem at all star music. might have been the time we were there but I still would choose all star music over pop anytime!
    1982 Off Site 4 Days
    2006 All Star Music 10 Days
    2008 Pop Century 10 Days

2009 all star movies 10 days
    2010 all star Music 5 days
    2011 Port Orleans Riverside 10 days
    2013 Port Orleans Riverside 9 days
    2015 Caribbean Resort 10 Days

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone Even though most of you like Pop, my family wants to try Music. Could you please tell me which buildings/sections are standard rooms. Oh and by the way, texas211 you really made me LOL. Maybe if we are in the right section I'll loose instead of gain weight on this vacation with all that walking.

Post Thanks / Like

The closest buildings to the Main Building and pool are the Calypso themed buildings, and they are a little more expensive than the others, but I don't know how much more.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M Riddle View Post
    Thank you everyone Even though most of you like Pop, my family wants to try Music. Could you please tell me which buildings/sections are standard rooms. Oh and by the way, texas211 you really made me LOL. Maybe if we are in the right section I'll loose instead of gain weight on this vacation with all that walking.
    You are going to want a room in Rock, Country, or Broadway. Country is the farthest from the Main Building, but also the quietest. All three of these buildings are close to the Piano Pool, so no problem. All three are close to parking lots either by All Star Sports or the back of All Star Music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    Pop-Hated the preset air conditioning system. Thought the layout of the resort was a bit confusing and the rooms picked up every noise from our neighbors. Still, I have enjoyed staying at every resort on Disney even Pop. I thought the Hippy Dippy Pool was nice and you do not have to share buses with other resorts. Food court and theming is okay just prefer All Stars.
    Not sure what you are talking about with "pre-set" air conditioning...We were just at Pop last week and, although the temp was set at 72 when we got in the room, we were able to adjust it to our liking and it stayed that way the whole time we were there. (NOTE: We did not use MouseKeeping, as we like to pick up after ourselves and only occasionally need to get more towels/wash cloths/soaps/etc.)
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Pop def. newer, more central location esp to Epcot.. refillable mugs used to b able to b used w slushies but idt so now not sure.
    lake.
    its the first one that she & I stayed at together and we are going back in a few wks.
    Allstars was the first disney resort i stayed at.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

refillable mugs used to b able to b used w slushies but idt so now not sure.
    No more slushies, now it's iced tea/sweet tea!
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Germantown, TN : 824 miles from the Magic
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw where you have decided to stay at ASM. We have stayed there a number of times and really enjoyed it. We are trying Pop in a couple of weeks, so we'll see where our verdict comes in.

Try to stay in either of the Calypso buildings (Bldgs 1 and 10) as they are closest to the food court/transportation. This area can be a bit noisy, particularly if your room faces the pool (and you happen to be there during the national cheerleader competition . . . but my son didn't mind too much). If your room is on the other side (facing the parking lots), it's quite peaceful.

We really enjoy ASM, but I must confess that we use our room mainly as a crash pad. We are not there to hang out by the pool; we are there to hit the parks and the restaurants. When we want to experience the theme of a fancy resort, we go spend an hour sitting in the lobby and wandering around one of the deluxe resorts (esp Poly - my fav - and WL - GREAT theme).

Anyway, enjoy your trip. In my mind, a bad day at WDW beats . . . well, actually, I've never had a bad day at WDW.
    Late '70s - Contemporary
    04/08 - All-Star Music
    09/08 - All-Star Music
    03/09 - All-Star Music
    09/09 - PORS (F&W Fest)
    10/11 - POP (F&W Fest)

Next Trip -- NOT SOON ENOUGH!!!

My laughin' place is a Doom Buggy!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again everybody for your input. I just love reading what you all have to say. I have watched some ASMU videos and I am getting very excited to stay there. I love how it looks. Especially at night.

Post Thanks / Like

We will be back to ASMu very soon. We like to stay at the mods, but if we want to go every year, some years, economies are necessary. We have stayed at ASMu many times, and our favorite building is Broadway. It is about a 5 minute walk from the main building, but the walkways are pretty, so it's not a big deal. We ALWAYS ask for an upper floor room, in the back of the building facing the parking lot or a few trees. It is much quieter, we don't like the pool noise, and there is far less running past the rooms from all the kids who escape thier parents grasps. Have no fear, if you are simply using the room for sleeping, you'll be just fine! Have a GREAT time!
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: