Quantcast Dining review from 9/16 - 9/24

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dining review from 9/16 - 9/24

Sorry it's a lil late...trying to catch up after a vaca is not as fun as taking the vaca!

We were on the DDxDp so we tried some new places.... Here we go!

Sept 16: (Lunch) Rose & Crown was for lunch.. this was our first time here. It was pretty good. Apps were ok..Hubby had meat & cheese tray and said it was "ehh" while I had the apple frisee salad and I say "OK". Hubby and I both had fish & chips for an entree. We both thought it was very good. Dessert..Hubby was trying to be good and had the NSA berry trifle it was tasty..I tried sticky toffee pudding...also VERY tasty.
    (Dinner): Nine Dragons....this was not the experience we have had in the past. Food was not good. Service was worse. We are gonna skip this meal all together.

Sept 17: Breakfast was Ohana's and was very delish. Service was good...Charactors were great. Loved the pineapple bread. YUM!
    Dinner was Boma's which was new to us. We loved all the different foods. Watermelon rind salad stands out and HELLO zebra domes.

Sept 18: Breakfast was at Kona cafe'...yet another first... we were looking forward to TONGA toast. What a dissapointment. It was hard and only semi warm. Coffee was delish..but I don't know that we will be back for the Tonga toast. Sorry guys! Dinner was Whispering Canyon Cafe' ....This was the first time I had witnessed the Ketchup routine. Too funny. Hubby had pot roast and I had meatloaf...both very good. We both had the Smore dessert...the chocolate was a lil funky..but good.

Sept 19: Early lunch at Sci-Fi diner...was a nice change of pace. I forgot how cheesy the movies were. LOL But honestly good food.
    Dinner was Hollywood & Vine....this was "ehh" at best. Nothing exciting..nothing outstanding.

Sept 20: Breakfast @ 1900 Park Fare. This was interesting. I am not really sure how the food is as I only got to the buffet once for a lil strawberry soup (Yumm-O BTW) and a mickey waffle. The characters came by all one after the other and then we were handed our check and ushered out the door almost. Characters were ok..I feel that we were looked over b/c were are 2 adults. Dinner was Libery Tree Tavern and it never dissappoints. VERY TASTY! I was a lil nervous about the new dessert..but it was good.

Sept 21: Dinner was Spirit of Aloha....food here is reaaly good. I was shocked. I only wish they would have started the dancing a little sooner.

Sept 22: Kinda slowing down on ADR's...We only made a dinner ressie for Via Napoli. This was the best meal we had the entire trip. The pizza is wonderful and the pasta was great too. This is a great addition to EPCOT!

Sept 23: Breakfast @ Norway with the Princesses...a first for us...I loved this place. The food was great..interaction was wonderful. Snow White asked me if I met my Prince at a wishing well too. I told her I met him online....it's the wishing well of today. She giggled and said she would have to look into that. TOO CUTE!
    Lunch was Germany Biergarten..always good food and a good time.
    Dinner as Garden Grill (another first for us) and we loved it also. Food was fresh and delish. Great service and Characters were very interactive. LOVED IT! It's a new must.

Welp that is all...we ending our visit on a much higher note than we started...at least food wise.
    DL 2000 (off site)
    DW 2001 (CSR)
    DW 2008 (POP)
    DW 2009 (CSR)
    Sept 2011 POFQ
    Hoping to get back sooner vs. later. :)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reviews!

I have to agree with you on the Tonga Toast, they no longer make it the way they used to... it's a disappointment... but the pineapple macadamia pancakes are to-die-for, if you ever go back.

Post Thanks / Like

Good grief, you ate a ton! I can barely handle the 1 Cs 1 TS plan. All that TS would've made me go bolemic. Funny, though - every place you mentioned made me hungy.

Zebra Domes are great, aren't they? I had them when we stayed at Kidani a few year back, and they were a highlight. And Norway is my fav, so I'm glad to see you really enjoyed it.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Loved your reviews, sorry you were disappointed in Kona. I ordered the Tonga toast last time and thought it was pretty good but the standout turned out to be my mom's macadamia nut pancakes...yum

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

One question - What new dessert at Liberty Tree Tavern???
    Thanks for the review.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

DH & I felt the same way about our breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. We are thinking about trying it next year with our daughters. Hoping the interaction will be better. Don't they know we are all KIDS - big or small!!!

#35 - SSR 05/16
    34 trips
    2015 SSR
    2014 GFV & CBR/ToT 10mi!
    2013 DWL & POFQ
    2012 Bdwlk & SSR
    2010, 2011 OKW
    2009 BLT & SSR
    2008 SSR & AKV
    2007 SSR 2x
    2006 SSR 2x
    '05 DVC!SSR/DCL
    '03,'04, '07 POP
    '98, '99 ASMo
    '95, '96 2x, '97, '98 ASMu
    '89-'94 Off

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    One question - What new dessert at Liberty Tree Tavern???
    Thanks for the review.
    The dessert use to be an apple cobbler alamode... It's now...Johnny Appleseed’s Cake
    featuring Ocean Spray® Craisins® BRAND
    Tavern-made White Cake filled with Apples and Craisins® Dried Cranberries,
    topped with Ice Cream

Pretty good!
    DL 2000 (off site)
    DW 2001 (CSR)
    DW 2008 (POP)
    DW 2009 (CSR)
    Sept 2011 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I think that sounds good, but then I love Craisins.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Dinner as Garden Grill (another first for us) and we loved it also. Food was fresh and delish. Great service and Characters were very interactive. LOVED IT! It's a new must.

What was the dessert? I heard they had changed it to a strawberry/reubarb. Unfortunately, my husband is allergic to strawberries, so I'm hoping it is something different from that.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dining review from 9/16 - 9/24

Loved your reviews...lots of good meals. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Great reviews. You've got me psyched to try Via Napoli in 2012!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had some great food. Sorry to hear about the Tonga Toast. I had that happen once and asked the server to bring me a fresh HOT one. I told her I only get my Tonga Toast once a year. As long as you are nice, the server was very nice about it.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shortcake311 View Post
    What was the dessert? I heard they had changed it to a strawberry/reubarb. Unfortunately, my husband is allergic to strawberries, so I'm hoping it is something different from that.

Thanks!
    Our was an apple cobbler ala' mode. It was really good. I am sure you can always let the server know of the allergy. Disney is great about that.
    DL 2000 (off site)
    DW 2001 (CSR)
    DW 2008 (POP)
    DW 2009 (CSR)
    Sept 2011 POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: