Quantcast tell me good things about CSR

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default tell me good things about CSR

I'm really excited because I just booked 6 nights at CSR. Please tell me what your favorite parts of this resort are. I've stayed only at POR and All Star music. thanks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know what time of the year you're going, but here's a tip when you're there. Most people head to the front for breakfast and catch the bus at bus stop #1. My advice would be to go to one of the other bus stops. The reason being that the #1 stop is the last stop when taking the bus to all the parks. By the time it reaches there during busy peak times of the year, between what it's picked up at the previous 3 stops and the breakfast crowds at stop #1, you might get a standing room only bus or you may not get on at all.
    Number 2 is the first stop for all the buses except for the DTD which stops at #1 first.
    Been to WDW thousands of times.

Post Thanks / Like

I love CSR. We stayed there in 1999, and visited in 2003 so I could get a t-shirt. Anyway, there's lots of good things to say about it.

First of all, the theming is wonderful. Whatever section your room is in, take the time to walk the grounds and explore. It's a big resort, but beautiful.

Maya Grill is a great restaurant. I'd recommend eating there at least once.

Pepper Market is a unique food court. There are different stations at which to order your food, yet you sit down and a server will take your drink order. You pay at the end and a gratuity is customary.

The pool area is very impressive, and there's a great water slide.

Want to relax a bit? There are areas around Lago Dorado with hammocks.

I hope that helps.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Default no dining plan at CSR

is it true that the dining plan is not offered at any of the CSR resorts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belle1984 View Post
    is it true that the dining plan is not offered at any of the CSR resorts?
    No, that is not correct, CSR restaurants are on the 2011 Dining Plan. These restaurants, which are managed by someone other than Disney, are usually one of the last to sign their contracts for DDP. You may not know until sometome in December if they will be a part of the 2012 DDP.

Before joining DVC, we usually stayed at CSR. We really like the resort. Main pool and hot tub (and pool bar) is great and it is some of the best bus service I have ever received.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

thank you for the input. I'm beyond excited. It's my son's first time and I haven't been in 10 years. We have Disneyland but it's just not the same.

Post Thanks / Like

We loved our recent stay at CSR. We stayed in the Ranchos section, which I was a little nervous about because of the distance from the main building. Don't be afraid of this. We were very close to bus stop 3 which is actually the second bus stop for drop off/ pick up. The landscaping at the resort is top notch. I enjoyed walking over the bridges and admiring the different villages in the morning.

The staff is very friendly and efficient. The few times I had questions that someone at the front desk couldn't answer, they immediately went for a manager on duty. We had to call the front desk for bed rails one morning and they were installed within 10 minutes of our calling. Bell services came to hep at checkout about 5 minutes after I called.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

CSR is my DW's favorite resort. The pepper market can be a little pricey and confusing but the food is very good. The resort is beautiful at night, and the main pool area and dig site are among the best at wdw. I don't think you will be disappointed at all.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

covered bus stops
    landscaping
    overall decor
    food (PM and Maya grill)
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Love CSR! It's our favorite moderate.

It's beautiful and relaxing. The pool area rivals any deluxe resort (with the exception of maybe Stormalong Bay). The food court is unique, like previously pointed out. Rooms have queen beds and a sliding bathroom area door (as opposed to curtains in other mods).

These are all the positives for me. I'm sure you will enjoy your stay!

Post Thanks / Like

Loved walking around the resort at night. It is a beautiful resort at night.

We were also able to see the fireworks at MK and Epcot.

I think it has the best bus service of all the resorts. Never really crowded during the day and when we stayed there it had prime stops at the parks. Up close to the entrances. Does not share it's buses (or didn't) with any other resort.

Although many people don't like it. Pepper Market, there was such a big selection everyone could find something they liked to eat.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks again

thank you again. I'm so excited, we were going to go All star but I'm glad that I decided to just make some sacrifices and go moderate. I've always loved POR when I've stayed there, but wanted to try something new. Does anyone know what area I should try to request for a standard view room? I know requests aren't always honored but I've been lucky and always had my requests met by cast members.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: